Author Topic: This forum is toxic  (Read 1738 times)

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This forum is toxic
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:11:11 PM »
This place is like a giant septic tank.  All of it's good qualities has long been drained, and is left with nothing but layers and layers of toxic wastes.

Quite depressing really since I still like the game, but this is clearly not a RA2 community anymore and it's time to move on.

I will probably still sh** post here once in a while.

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: This forum is toxic
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 09:13:03 PM »
Venko no!

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:14:54 PM »
Why the **** are you so butthurt? Honestly...

You think Ironforge was a flop for some reason, but it wasn't. Hell, it even has it's own showcase section. I don't see what is bringing all of this on.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:27:36 PM »
oh sh** 123 is turning into noodle

abandon ship

but seriously I have to kinda agree with 123. I'm simply losing interest in this place. I haven't booted RA2 in months and really the only reason I come on here anymore is to chat with you guys :V

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 09:30:15 PM »
Why the **** are you so butthurt? Honestly...

You think Ironforge was a flop for some reason, but it wasn't. Hell, it even has it's own showcase section. I don't see what is bringing all of this on.
Because it's not as big as DSL.

And what's really depressing is that you're 30 years old and the only thing you have to do is insult a forum. You need a hobby.
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 09:41:40 PM »
I really wish I got into RA2 and it's following much sooner to witness it's hayday, as it seems like it was much better than how it is now. However, I wouldn't call this forum full of 'toxic waste'. Look at the Offical Robot Wars Mod for RA2, that'll bring many new members to this forum and hopefully bring some more activity in this forum that actually has to do with RA2.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RIP in peace 2009-2014
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 09:59:15 PM »
Uh, that's cool, I guess. Be depressed as you want but I still build a ton in ironforge since it's easy/low intensity to build compared to DSL/stock, and trying to do stock on this temporary computer is basically AYYYYYY lmao.

oh sh** 123 is turning into noodle

abandon ship
But he hasn't started spamming royco and Jew everywhere.

edit: this post kinda sucks tbh
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:11:48 PM by Mr. AS »
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 11:42:16 PM »
Seriously, your maturity level has taken a dive lately. You're acting like a spoiled child. You don't even see the good you've actually accomplished.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 01:31:07 AM »
Because people who put in the effort to do stuff have gone, and we're left with people unlikely and/or unwilling to pick up the slack?

I admit, I could host a tournament, but I don't want to. Same goes for others.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 01:58:01 AM »
Because people who put in the effort to do stuff have gone, and we're left with people unlikely and/or unwilling to pick up the slack?

I admit, I could host a tournament, but I don't want to. Same goes for others.

there are quite a number of hosts. Kurt is hosting a 75+ bot tourney right now, RedAce has been hosting beetle bashers and right now dynamic duos, yug1tom has hosted the father and son tourneys as well as one of the first UHW tourneys in a long time, and I think max is gonna host the next Battlebots which has always managed to achieve 150+ entries everytime. Helloface also has a few tourneys under his belt, and looks to add a few more.

Then we have HB and co. With their replicas and just amazing contributions to the RW mod which could bring to the forum even more fans and roboteers, so there's that
beep beep

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 02:37:00 AM »
Seriously, your maturity level has taken a dive lately. You're acting like a spoiled child.

Sounds kinda like 90% of the forum.

there are quite a number of hosts. Kurt is hosting a 75+ bot tourney right now, RedAce has been hosting beetle bashers and right now dynamic duos, yug1tom has hosted the father and son tourneys as well as one of the first UHW tourneys in a long time, and I think max is gonna host the next Battlebots which has always managed to achieve 150+ entries everytime. Helloface also has a few tourneys under his belt, and looks to add a few more.

Then we have HB and co. With their replicas and just amazing contributions to the RW mod which could bring to the forum even more fans and roboteers, so there's that

And how many entries are tournaments getting where people aren't just re-entering irl bots?
Also the mod isn't going to make people interested in RA2. Why would it? From the point of view of RW fanboys, it's a new RW game.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 03:12:29 AM »
Seriously, your maturity level has taken a dive lately. You're acting like a spoiled child.

Sounds kinda like 90% of the forum.

And how many entries are tournaments getting where people aren't just re-entering irl bots?
Also the mod isn't going to make people interested in RA2. Why would it? From the point of view of RW fanboys, it's a new RW game.

Honestly? Who gives a flying f**k.

At the end of the.day, what matters is that were all here, joined together for the love of a sport/game. Who cares of people see RA2 as a new IRL building game? Isnt that how it was meant to be played from the get go? Just let em have their fun.
beep beep

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 03:32:04 AM »
And I keep always thinking this is all my fault.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 03:43:32 AM »

At the end of the.day, what matters is that were all here, joined together for the love of a sport/game. Who cares of people see RA2 as a new IRL building game? Isnt that how it was meant to be played from the get go? Just let em have their fun.

I'm not pointing fingers at IRL or anything, I'm saying the community is becoming less diverse, in terms of types of people and building styles, don't take me the wrong way :')
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 03:55:33 AM »
lmao at people taking this seriously

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 06:41:23 AM »

I'm not pointing fingers at IRL or anything, I'm saying the community is becoming less diverse, in terms of types of people and building styles, don't take me the wrong way :')

That's always been a problem with this game. It hasn't killed it yet.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline Domanating

• Rep: 18
  • It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 09:35:41 AM »
There's too much sarcasm in GTM. I don't know what's serious and what's not anymore.

Offline S.T.C.

• Rep: 3
  • Not to be confused with STDs.
    • www.youtube.com/user/Shad
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 06:05:40 PM »
This place is like a giant septic tank.  All of it's good qualities has long been drained, and is left with nothing but layers and layers of toxic wastes.

Quite depressing really since I still like the game, but this is clearly not a RA2 community anymore and it's time to move on.

I will probably still sh** post here once in a while.
Well, that's pretty redundant.

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 10:43:36 PM »
>Complain about sh** post on forum.
>Will contribute to sh** posting

Do I really seem that serious?

There's too much sarcasm in GTM. I don't know what's serious and what's not anymore.
I didn't expect this to turn into a serious discussion, I thought the last sentence was a dead giveaway.

And what's really depressing is that you're 30 years old and the only thing you have to do is insult a forum. You need a hobby.
I have always admitted to be the most immature man-child on this forum.

lmao at people taking this seriously
I must be doing it wrong if playzooki was the only person who get it.

Offline toAst

• Rep: 5
  • this one goes out to all of my babies mamas
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 12:07:41 AM »
i dont know you and im not reading this but i love you ok bye
-------------------------------
who love to party