Robot Arena > Tutorials and Tips

DP and damage

<< < (2/3) > >>

Naryar:

--- Quote from: Reier on July 15, 2020, 04:18:48 PM ---hey man. really appreciate all this testing you're doing. it helps us all out. heaven knows it's not really my thing but I know how vital it is.

keep it up chief.

--- End quote ---
+1, it's really interesting to see some science done on RA2 and see how it really works instead of assuming from our old preconceptions.

09090901:
since the rest of the stuff posted is more about dsl-s/IF here's something i did that's relevant to stock

you know how some boomers always would say that irons are more damaging than maces, but maces are better than irons on HS because they protect the extenders better? this is true, but it's not just that, the maces are just flat out better than the irons

for the setup, i took AC and gave one modded maces that have the stats of iron spikes and left the other one alone. the extenders and motors are also invincible to make sure it was only the weapons that would affect the results.

the base AC would always win, usually with 6-8 maces still left (the worst result i had was 11 maces left)

Reier:
I don't doubt this but I would rather see a setup with like a ton of tribars with just 1 weapon per tip just so we're not sure it's the placement of them hitting at slightly different times or something

09090901:

--- Quote from: Reier on July 16, 2020, 02:04:21 AM ---I don't doubt this but I would rather see a setup with like a ton of tribars with just 1 weapon per tip just so we're not sure it's the placement of them hitting at slightly different times or something

--- End quote ---
the timing shouldn't matter since neither weapon has normals, and damage is calculated using the combined speed/momentum

i can try it with 3 spikes per tribar, but tbh i think irons might be fairly equal/have a slight edge on that setup. there's less spinning mass which'll hurt the maces, and it'll spin faster which will benefit the more piercing focused iron spikes

09090901:
ok i tried it. this only a 24hs with 8 motors btw

they do infact do better when it's only 3 spikes per tribar

and considering they have more reach, i would say that they are the better choice if you wanted to build an hs like this

also tested if my hypothesis on why the lower weight per tribar might benefit them/hurt the maces was somewhat true.

with 20kgs per weapon, the irons do far worse. so yes, irons are generally worse choice  if you're going to use more than one weapon per end

none of the tribars that fell off had any spikes on them btw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version