Author Topic: Mad and Cudas mods and tweaks  (Read 4365 times)

Offline 70 CUDA

• Rep: 2
  • Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mad and Cudas mods and tweaks
« on: April 19, 2008, 11:51:52 PM »
this topic will be filled with all the mods that Madiba and i come up with. sometime this week the battlefield arena will be relased. it has a few things you havnt seen yet. ie a stream with a current, hidden landmines, an airstrike and pillboxs that shoot your enemy if they are on your side. pics will be up tomarrow.:mrgreen:
Holy crap they do exist!!!! :Rob2

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 01:19:10 AM »
Landmines? You means that you PURPOSELY put triggers of havok explosions all across the map?

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 07:10:34 AM »
ya but they are never in the same place twice. ie they move based on a randome number generater that put a new 1 down as soon as the other is hit. there are only 2 and they are confind to a certin area. so dont worry about "bouning" all over the place.

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 09:49:04 PM »
Coding's almost done...  Then another couple days of testing.  Probably later this week....

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:44:44 PM by Madiaba »
Input is appreciated. :)
-Arrogance is a quantity devoid of quality...
-As a client once told me "This is my story, and it's sticking to me!"
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 06:01:23 AM »
ok im doing some skin work in the next few days but heres a small tast of you can get.

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:03:54 AM »
if anyone out there can help with making and exporting componets i will need your help in the next few months. sry but i have XP S2S or whatever and i cant export.

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 08:42:19 PM »
Sorry, guys.  Still working on some new stuff (coding):  B-52 Bomber support, USS Enterprise Transporter support (Thanks ACAMS for the gmf), and Cruise missle support (with on-board CruiseCam) *he he*.
Really need some guys who are good with skins..... Don't have time to do that too.
Any help,....please let me know.
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 01:57:05 AM »
ya sry i havnt got on latly but iv been too drunk to walk. but in the next week or so things maght be back to normal. BTW i still have the bug on my PC so skins are not gonna work until i weed that stupid thing out.

Offline Madiaba

Battlefield Arena.
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 02:51:01 AM »
Here are some vids of the Battlefield Arena. It is a non-traditonal arena.  The first 2 vids are the regular game battle, with Blockades for protection, DMZ with both river and mines, and Air Support: (pardon the sound quality--- should have turned it down a little more for recording).  If you get past the blockades and Landmines, and then are able to cross the river(cause of its depth and it has an actual current), your opponent can call for "Air Support" and some high altitude Bombers will try to get you to retreat....   But don't worry cause if your opponent comes over you also have some Air Support waiting for him.
I am fighting a couple different Combat AI.  The bot "M-Gun-1" is an AI that has an ACAMS prototype weapon that's very nasty....  The skins are about all that's left to do.
Game_1
Game_2

--------------
There's an added feature called 'Intervention'.  If your losing badly and your bot has 10% or less life, then there's a slim (1 in 10) chance you may get BIG help.  

The 1st Intervention is from the USS Enterprise (Thanks to ACAMS).  The Enterprise will come down, pull and then Beam-Up your opponent part way, and then totally disintegrate him.... Then take off like the end of a regular episode.
ST_1

The 2nd Intervention is a Cruise Missle equipped with a 'CruiseCam', that will totally destroy your opponent...... into blazes,..... and pieces.*hehe*

Cruise_G_1

Cruise_G_2_DestroyUserFirst

Cruise_G_2

Cruise_G_3g

Note: FRAPS slightly altered these vids a little bit (cause of a little lag while recording) so I had to slightly tweak the vids back).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 12:17:44 AM by Madiaba »

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 04:21:39 PM »
Got some help to fix the Map skins, so that they look more uniform.  
I also fleshed out the walls so that the Cruise Missle mode won't show stuff outside the arena.
Decided to do just one more final thing, then it can be released.
It really should use the Combat AI bot(s), or the whole Pack to battle against.  (They're tuff though.)

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 04:34:15 PM »
Why is it I never get tried of seeing the missle????? lol

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 11:37:35 PM »
hey mad how many heckpaisers do you think i can have on a random intager firing sequence with out getting to much lag? i might need some help on the .py too.

Offline SpyGuy

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 12:07:35 AM »
Sorry I haven't been around too much, guys.  Work's been kicking my ass lately (pulling 1's during the week, and now and then on Saturdays, too), and I was so depressed after seeing the RA2 wipe that I haven't been on for several days.

I would like to offer my services for skinning anything that needs it, as long as you're willing to wait a bit for the skins, and also as a 'sounding board' for bouncing around new ideas and suggestions.  I may not always be able to talk on the phone about stuff, but I check my emails every day.

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 12:19:56 AM »
7-C, whether you ran a random number generator or just a timer, the answer is that I've never run too many to produce lag.  The max I've run is 4.  Since they are not pixel pushers (don't require much gpu load like flames), maybe you could do more....

SG, nice to see you.  I tried calling you once...but I know you're working so much...  There is a skin job, and I'll get with you shortly.....

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 12:33:49 AM »
ok ill get started on it in the next few days. thanks mad. SG wellcome back and i cant wait to start working with you.

Offline Clickbeetle

• In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 02:50:22 AM »
Wow, this has to be the coolest, craziest, most elaborate arena you've yet made.  Or that anyone's yet made.  If some guy posted a thread called "Arena idea" and described this arena, I'd say it's impossible.  The landmines alone would make for an amazing arena, but the Enterprise and cruise missiles just take the cake.

If you have any coding questions I'll still try to answer them, but looking at this it seems you've moved beyond my skill level.  Great work both of you.  Can't wait to try this one out.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 03:24:30 AM »
Wow you dont know what that means to a new guy like me. i thank you for words of encouragement.

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 11:46:09 AM »
Thanks for your help, CB.  Yea, thanks to your patient orientation, there's allot of newly discovered stuff and coding.  I had help from, 7C, Trov. and SG, and a few others.  It's almost done.  Just been busy (with real life... hehe.).

Again, really nice to see you back....

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 07:04:25 PM »
that missile is insane.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Clickbeetle

• In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »
Actually on further reflection there might be something I can do to help here.  You can make the sky color blue by adding this to the py:

plus.setBackColor(0.7,0.8,1)

Just a simple tweak that should make it look more realistic.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings