Author Topic: Stock without ra2CF  (Read 1413 times)

Offline [cringey name goes here]

• Supah Kickah
  • Rep: -4
  • coolest monkey in the jungle 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Stock without ra2CF
« on: July 11, 2018, 12:50:26 PM »
I noticed that people build 36HS and such in stock, and they claim it is "without ra2CF". Not saying that they are wrong, by the way. I just want to learn how to. Can anyone teach me?
please eat something that you're allergic to, in excessive ammounts
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:
funniest user 2020

• Supah Kickah
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Stock without ra2CF
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 12:54:36 PM »

screenshot_17.bmp
Here is my bot High Voltage, using ra2CF. Tell me what I am doing right/wrong to help?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:23:24 PM by [cringey name goes here] »
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:
funniest user 2020

Offline FlamesOfIce

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 01:07:23 PM »
I noticed that people build 36HS and such in stock, and they claim it is "without ra2CF". Not saying that they are wrong, by the way. I just want to learn how to. Can anyone teach me?

I believe, that what they do is spin the weapon slightly until it is not in the same place as the other one, and then mount weapons onto the other spinner, meaning that the weapons intersect without CF.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 01:21:21 PM »
CF wasn't created until a few years ago. Up until then people had to get crazy effects using glitches. using CF in stock completely kills the challenge, but it's also pretty tedious to build in stock the traditional way. Now, anyway. It was a lot easier to grow up with the game when the glitches were being found out and basically learn them peacemeal rather than start the game now and have to learn EVERYTHING at once.

http://beetlebros.gametechmods.com/ra2techs.htm <- if you're interested on how to do the glitches.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

• Supah Kickah
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 01:24:54 PM »
http://beetlebros.gametechmods.com/ra2techs.htm

CF wasn't created until a few years ago. Up until then people had to get crazy effects using glitches. using CF in stock completely kills the challenge.
And I didn't know this game existed until last year.
funniest user 2020

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 01:47:09 PM »

I believe, that what they do is spin the weapon slightly until it is not in the same place as the other one, and then mount weapons onto the other spinner, meaning that the weapons intersect without CF.

that's the eFFe glitch. it's helpful by itself, but you need to know how to do a multitude of other ones in order to fully exploit the RA2 engine. snapper and axle loading being the biggest one. they're difficult to learn but very useful. But I definitely understand the intimidation factor. like I said above, it was a lot easier to learn how to build stock in like 2004-05 when the glitches were being actively discovered sequentially rather than now when a newbie has to basically learn all of them at once.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 08:17:51 PM »
stacking, effe glitching and snapper loading are probably the most essential glitches in stock and like 99% of the bots you see in stock showcases use those glitches in some form. if you want to learn how to build in stock you should practice doing those glitches and try cloning other people's designs before messing around with ra2cf so you know what's possible and what isn't possible in the bot lab.

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Really nothing special
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 09:00:35 PM »
Someone get this guy a link already.
Phantom- OW4 quarterfinalist and PWS6 runner-up
All Guts, No Glory- CUndisputed Champ obv
Everything else I've made- sh**

Delete your account smh

(Phantom is cool)

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 01:05:07 AM »

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.