Author Topic: A simple tutorial to Ai'ing  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Stagfish

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A simple tutorial to Ai'ing
« on: July 11, 2010, 11:57:01 AM »
I had many messages about "how do you get your robots as the computer" and "wheres emergency" so I decided to make a tutorial.

Offline JoeBlo

Re: A simple tutorial to Ai'ing
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 12:15:35 PM »
not bad Stag,

one point I will make though is you didn't really go into depth with much explaining of things,

its done of the screen so that's ok but in can be hard to follow in some parts. just a tip  ;)

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »
Stag, more verbal instruction and holding the cam still would make it great.
If you can do that, then we may pin it in the Tuts...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:24:59 PM by Madiaba »
Input is appreciated. :)
-Arrogance is a quantity devoid of quality...
-As a client once told me "This is my story, and it's sticking to me!"
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...

Offline Gazea2

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 9
  • the one and only
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 01:57:35 PM »
I was planning on making an A.I-ing tutorial as well.

@Mad - Is my wheel tutorial ok?

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 02:30:45 PM »
I've been busy moving to Michigan, so I haven't had time to check much out.
When I am finished I'll read it through.  In the mean time get feedback from others too....

BTW: Thanks for your efforts, G-2. :claping
Input is appreciated. :)
-Arrogance is a quantity devoid of quality...
-As a client once told me "This is my story, and it's sticking to me!"
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...

Offline Gazea2

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 9
  • the one and only
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 02:31:59 PM »
On my tutorial? Wow, thanks. :D

Offline Trovaner

• Rep: 32
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 04:21:19 PM »
Not bad. Its definitely a good tut for beginners.

Pros:
1. I was surprised to see that you got an error but you handled it really well. Whether it was on purpose or not, it helped people understand how easy it is to make a mistake.
2. You explained what you were doing very well. I liked how you explicitly told us what needed to be capitalized due to everything being case sensitive.
3. To tell you the truth I couldn't think of a #3 but I thought you deserved one anyways :P

Cons:
1. The camera was a little wobbly and sometimes you didn't give it enough time for it to regain focus after moving. Using a tripod or placing the camera on top of a sloped or raised surface would help for next time. Otherwise, you can look into screen recorders which allow you to record in and outside of RA2.
2. There could have been slightly more explanation as to why you did things. Something similar to how you explained why you added the SZ but for everything else (why did you edit the Bindings.py, Teams.txt, and rename the bot file).
3. It would help to give a better understanding of what else is possible. Things like how to AI bots using more than just Poker (relating them back to the AI.py files that are in the AI directory), what the other values in the bindings are, how to learn more, etc.

Good job on your tutorial Stag.