Author Topic: Jaydee's AI guide for beginner's.  (Read 8749 times)

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Jaydee's AI guide for beginner's.
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 08:34:08 AM »
It's nice to see someone take a different approach to presenting tutorial on this site.

Also what do I need to open this file?
Winrar, WinZip or Jzip. Thanks by the way.
no offense but... why do we need 5 different AI tutorials ?
This was my version. I don't know a tutorial with the AI features I included. I'm not saying there isn't one, I just haven't seen one.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 10:08:17 AM »
Okay, really quick feedback:
1) Why are the pictures so dark?
2) A lot of your text goes off the side of each slide.
3) You could probably do with pointing out the other functions in the bindings, as if someone tries to write a line based on what you've given, they'll miss quite a lot.

This image sums up the first 2 issues, for references
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 10:54:35 AM »
My input:
There are two exact same slides ('AIing the robot')
Overlapping issues (text going on top of pictures or pictures on top of text)
Make the screenshots lighter (covered by Craaig, looks like you took a picture with your phone and not screenshot)
Text coming of the slide (covered by Craaig)
Unnecessary capital letters (one example is on Craaig's screenshot, another example is putting a capital of 'Place' after a comma.)
There's a title template on slide 3
You've bullet-pointed numbers that you already gave your own bullet-points for
'For a Rammer robot, this is all a robot needs. Skip to' Was this meant to be added to? Does it mean 'Skip two', as in two slides? Or was it meant to say 'Skip to *page number/name*'
Keep a format for font size. Looks better on the eyes and more professional. If you can't fit all the text on to one slide with your chosen format, just make a part 2 on the next slide.
'Thanks to Trovaneer' Ha ha. Just check your spelling and grammar in places. Another example is that you spelled 'none' without the 'e'.

These are small things (in the most part) but when you list them like this, it doesn't look good. A presentation that doesn't present itself very well just looks untidy and puts the person reading it off and they'll close it down thinking some kid made it with no knowledge of AIing. I don't think that about you but random people from outside of GTM might.

This is just feedback, so don't think I am bashing you, as I am just telling you what you need to improve.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 12:21:27 PM »
My input:
There are two exact same slides ('AIing the robot')- oh, I must've missed that.
Overlapping issues (text going on top of pictures or pictures on top of text)- this may be a glitch as I made this on OpenOffice. What are you viewing this on?
Make the screenshots lighter (covered by Craaig, looks like you took a picture with your phone and not screenshot)- I took all of them with Snipping tool and Print screen. Don't know why they're so dark.
Text coming of the slide (covered by Craaig)- as I said on the overlapping issue. I tried hard to avoid these two things
Unnecessary capital letters (one example is on Craaig's screenshot, another example is putting a capital of 'Place' after a comma.)- my bad
There's a title template on slide 3- I'll delete it. It shouldn't show on the slide while playing it though.
You've bullet-pointed numbers that you already gave your own bullet-points for
'For a Rammer robot, this is all a robot needs. Skip to' Was this meant to be added to? Does it mean 'Skip two', as in two slides? Or was it meant to say 'Skip to *page number/name*'- oh crap,  I forgot to edit this once I'd done the slide
Keep a format for font size. Looks better on the eyes and more professional. If you can't fit all the text on to one slide with your chosen format, just make a part 2 on the next slide.- ok
'Thanks to Trovaneer' Ha ha. Just check your spelling and grammar in places. Another example is that you spelled 'none' without the 'e'. -I'll change this too

These are small things (in the most part) but when you list them like this, it doesn't look good. A presentation that doesn't present itself very well just looks untidy and puts the person reading it off and they'll close it down thinking some kid made it with no knowledge of AIing. I don't think that about you but random people from outside of GTM might.- Ok. Thanks

This is just feedback, so don't think I am bashing you, as I am just telling you what you need to improve.- I wouldn't think that of you anyway. Thanks for the feedback.
Okay, really quick feedback:
1) Why are the pictures so dark?- I've covered this with yug1tom. When I made them, they were really light. It may be something with converting the presentation
2) A lot of your text goes off the side of each slide.- again, may be a glitch. I downsized a lot of text so the whole piece of text fitted on the slide
3) You could probably do with pointing out the other functions in the bindings, as if someone tries to write a line based on what you've given, they'll miss quite a lot.- I don't quite understand this. Could you please pm me about this?

This image sums up the first 2 issues, for references

That photo was definitely lighter when I took/made it. I have no idea how that happened. Is there any way to make it lighter?

Offline TakionKasukedo

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • The Cascade corrodes all that stand in it's way.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2015, 09:29:29 AM »
Powerpoint came up with an error about the guide not being repaired, I had to repair it to see the problem, and now most of the pictures don't work.

For reference, the "Different Weapons for the AI" and "Names of the Smartzones" section doesn't work
"All that stand in Takion's way shall be corroded and torn apart by gravity itself. Gravity is not to be trifled with, and neither is tachyon energy. FEAR THE CASCADE."

Words of TakionKasukedo, Embodiment of Defilement.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 12:41:27 PM »
Why would you use Jaydee's AI guide in the first place, lmao

This one by Ian is definitely better and will save you the headache of Jaydee's fail formatting
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13814.0

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 12:52:19 PM »
I'm still working on this. The one by Ian is amazing but only covers the basics.
Why would you use Jaydee's AI guide in the first place, lmao
Do you mind, seriously?

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 06:47:08 PM »
The one by Ian is amazing but only covers the basics.
So that makes it better for beginners.

Badnik is right anyway, yours is pretty pointless what with there being helpful guides around.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 09:03:47 PM »
Considering it doesn't even do the job it meant to to (help beginners) it serves no purpose. That's why I laughed

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 10:34:24 AM »

Updated for the last time (hopefully) if there's nothing wrong this time. If the picture's aren't bright I'm sorry but it's out of my control :(

https://gametechmods.com/uploads/files/1672FIXEDJaydee's AI guide.zip

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »
Before I give my corrections, may I ask what you have changed? To me, it just looks like you've gotten rid of the duplicate slide.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 12:02:15 PM »
It's pretty much that and I've added the f12 function. Now what can I change?
I'm i the middle of correcting this by the way.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 12:28:32 PM »
Alright, so I've looked at Yug1tom's post from last time, and here is my final AI guide if nothing is wrong now:
https://gametechmods.com/uploads/files/7203FIXEDJaydee's AI guide.zip

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 01:02:34 PM »
Alright, so I've looked at Yug1tom's post from last time, and here is my final AI guide if nothing is wrong now:
[I'll modify this when I upload it]

Why would you reserve a post for posting/upload in the future ? Just post when you finish uploading it, or when you upload it.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 01:28:07 PM »
What are you using to make this guide?

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 01:34:11 PM »
Why would you reserve a post for posting/upload in the future ? Just post when you finish uploading it, or when you upload it.
I thought someone was going to post how to improve this. I was improving it today and just when I was just about to upload it I lost the finished file and I had started to post this.

Yug, I'm using OpenOffice.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 01:38:09 PM »
May I ask why? I don't know much about OpenOffice but surely PowerPoint is a better option and it is probably the reason me and Craaig had overlapping screenshots and text floating off-screen. Also, anyone who wants to learn how to AI from this guide will most likely have PowerPoint and not OpenOffice and will encounter the same problems I did.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 02:11:40 PM »
May I ask why? I don't know much about OpenOffice but surely PowerPoint is a better option and it is probably the reason me and Craaig had overlapping screenshots and text floating off-screen. Also, anyone who wants to learn how to AI from this guide will most likely have PowerPoint and not OpenOffice and will encounter the same problems I did.
Because I don't have PowerPoint.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 02:16:32 PM »
I swear you can get a student license free version... I'm not too sure, as I haven't bought PowerPoint in ages. Alright then, make sure you state in the ReadMe that the person reading must have OpenOffice (you can provide them with a link to a download as well, if you want) so they don't just disregard the presentation thinking it is broken.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 02:45:22 PM »
ah ok thank you