Author Topic: How to make a more powerful flipper in DSL?  (Read 1537 times)

Offline HarleysCupboard

• Antweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How to make a more powerful flipper in DSL?
« on: June 25, 2019, 05:22:09 AM »
So really specific question here but I’m gonna tackle a Hydra replica soon and I’m looking to get it to flip similar to the IRL Hydra without using multiple motors so I can avoid that janky uneven reset dual motor flippers get. I know I can edit the motor parameters to be more powerful but at a certain point that I’m not sure when it causes the entire motor to spaz out. What’re some tips to get a really powerful flipper in DSL on a single motor? I could also import in other motors but I’m not 100% sure how since I tried before and it crashed my game

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
Re: How to make a more powerful flipper in DSL?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 06:08:52 AM »
So really specific question here but I’m gonna tackle a Hydra replica soon and I’m looking to get it to flip similar to the IRL Hydra without using multiple motors so I can avoid that janky uneven reset dual motor flippers get. I know I can edit the motor parameters to be more powerful but at a certain point that I’m not sure when it causes the entire motor to spaz out. What’re some tips to get a really powerful flipper in DSL on a single motor? I could also import in other motors but I’m not 100% sure how since I tried before and it crashed my game
Each burst has a "burst" line in the .txt file for it, so what you could do is copy one of the existing DSL bursts and then have a version with the power cranked way up. Then you wouldn't have other bots being affected by the changes you make.

Burst.png
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline HarleysCupboard

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 06:11:22 AM »
Each burst has a "burst" line in the .txt file for it, so what you could do is copy one of the existing DSL bursts and then have a version with the power cranked way up. Then you wouldn't have other bots being affected by the changes you make

Yeah probably for the best if I kept the motors as custom components for my sanity’s sake. Would you know how far I can go with each value until it causes it to freak out? I tried experimenting around but couldn’t quite hit that sweet spot

Offline SagarisRA2

• Orc's Favourite Son
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 4
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 07:52:52 AM »
Alternatively if you type in cheatbot2 you can get three "IRL Bursts". You have options of like full power, half power and low power. Everyone has them in DSL so you wouldn't have to worry about making a new component.

Offline HarleysCupboard

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 10:51:55 AM »
Alternatively if you type in cheatbot2 you can get three "IRL Bursts". You have options of like full power, half power and low power. Everyone has them in DSL so you wouldn't have to worry about making a new component.

NANI?! Where would I find these? Under a specific bot part section in extras or in the motors section?

Offline [cringey name goes here]

• Supah Kickah
  • Rep: -4
  • coolest monkey in the jungle 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 01:44:54 PM »

NANI?! Where would I find these? Under a specific bot part section in extras or in the motors section?
where the bot's name appears, type in "cheatbot2" and enter. The components should be under "motors" or "mechanics" or whatever its called.
please eat something that you're allergic to, in excessive ammounts
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:
funniest user 2020