Author Topic: How to not lose all your files in a crash.  (Read 1685 times)

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How to not lose all your files in a crash.
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:10:52 AM »
Here's a tip for all of you that seem to be prone to having your computer crash and lose all your files. This seems to happen a lot, especially to tournament hosts in the middle of tournament.

To me, the solution is very simple. Just drag and drop your game folder or folders, depending on how many mods or AI packs you have, onto a flash drive. Then just install a standalone on any PC you you will use it on. Create shortcuts to each different mod on the flash drive itself to access each individual mod.

I've been using this method for probably 3 years now. It works well. I have 5 different copies of RA2 on a 16 GB flash drive and there's still plenty of room to spare.

Another plus side is that it doesn't matter what PC you are using, you will always have all your RA2 files anywhere you need them as long as you have your flash drive.

Hopefully this will help you guys and now we won't have so many failed tournaments due to computer crashes.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
Re: How to not lose all your files in a crash.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
I cant really do much on my flash drive, i can do battles, but thats it. Building is a pain,and so is wiring and stuff like that.  :smile:

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: How to not lose all your files in a crash.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 11:20:32 PM »
He's not saying to play off your flash drive. Just use it as a back up.