Author Topic: How Power Consumption Works  (Read 9450 times)

Offline Trovaner

• Rep: 32
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How Power Consumption Works
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 04:02:37 PM »
Wow, nice work Click. I'm glad someone but the time into figuring it out. Some of my notes about motors will definitely make more sense now...

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Rep: 4
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »
Quote from: Clickbeetle;73540
I found that total power and BEMIOR are indeed additive.  So 1 battery with 1000 total power and 100 BEMIOR is the same as 2 batteries with 500 total power and 50 BEMIOR.

Not sure if this'll be a 'duh' moment or not but...

I can challenge that statement - I made a bot that uses two custom battery packs - One that has 200,000 total power and no BEMIOR, the other with no power but 2750 BEMIOR. It was just an attempt to see if it was possible to have components that boost a certain aspect - say like, fitting your bot with a BEMIOR booster.

The bot was a LW with custom motors that drain as much, if not less then a RAD. Two Snappers as well. So assuming batteries are additive; 200000 total power and 2750 BEMIOR is WAY more then enough.

But in reality - the bot can't even move. It's like it didn't have any batteries at all. It seems the only thing that is additive about batteries is the HUD power meter.

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 04:44:07 PM »
I believe they have to come from the same source, but are additive. The battery with no power has nothing to output (making it's BEMIOR useless), and the battery with the huge amount of power cant output it because it has no BEMIOR. But if they both have some of each then they are additive.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »
Quote from: Sage;75660
I believe they have to come from the same source, but are additive. The battery with no power has nothing to output (making it's BEMIOR useless), and the battery with the huge amount of power cant output it because it has no BEMIOR. But if they both have some of each then they are additive.

Yeah, that's how I figured. Kinda. Either way you explained better then I would.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 03:33:06 AM »
Might be because the output decreases proportionally to the remaining electotal ?

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 09:22:21 AM »
Quote from: Naryar;75750
Might be because the output decreases proportionally to the remaining electotal ?

Statement doesn't mean so much by itself. Or I'm thinking too openly about it.

If all batteries were additive towards a total power value, my post and statement challenge wouldn't exist, for the two packs would of worked.

If you meant separate batteries, which seems to be the most logical option overall and in your own statement  - also makes the system interestingly deep, for as you know they could of just made the batteries add up to one grand total and be done with it.

Offline Clickbeetle

• In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 10:20:27 PM »
Quote from: RedlineM203;75653
Not sure if this'll be a 'duh' moment or not but...

I can challenge that statement

OK, I'll append it to say: total power and BEMIOR are additive as long as all batteries are working.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 07:57:53 AM »
Quote from: Clickbeetle;73560
...2WD needs 200, or 2 small battery packs...

So I stacked a Black and a CB into nearly 0 Space on Bunsen Burner 5 for NOTHING?????
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2009, 10:25:29 AM »
You just need a nifty for a 2WD SnS design SB.

Offline Skiitzzox220

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • ⊂(✰‿✰)つ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: How Power Consumption Works
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »
Very good information  :laughing

EDIT: I'm not a Spambot, ^_^
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 08:08:03 AM by Skiitzzox220 »
When life give you lemons- Wait I don't like lemons...

Offline G.K.

• Rep: 10
  • Striving for a good personal text since 1994.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 10:26:48 AM »
Welcome to GTM.

EDIT: It's a spambot lolz. :P
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:26:56 AM by G.K. »
My above post explains everything about everything.

Host of: Wheely Tag, Back To The Beginnings, BTTB 2, BTTB 3, BTTB 4, & BTTB V.

Heavy Metal: Champion (Mockery of the Whole Concept)
Robotic International Wars Series 1: Champion (Minifridge 6)
RA2 Team Championships 1 & 2: Champion (High Speed Train & Upthrust - as part of Naryar's Not Quite Evil Council of Doom)

Runner Up in: The Amazing Rage (Team Fedex), R0B0NOVA (Zaphod Stock), Steel Warzone (Inception of Instability), Box of Nightmares (Gicquel), Wheely Tag (Minifridge the Second)

Clash Cubes IV: 5th place (Fretless)
BBEANS 6: Rumble Winner & 6th Place (Minifridge 4)

Offline System32

• Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2011, 11:43:07 PM »
In theory you could use a set of batteries with different values to make a system of power that can be timed in stages?
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline Team Code Red Robotics

• Based
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Based
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Code#4035
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 05:15:05 AM »
Very nice work Click.

As for your problem with balancing batteries and motors, i think making a larger sized battery more powerful than its weight it smaller batteries would do the trick (like it is in stock. I mean, it works in stock. Even though small battery packs would last in a 36HS, they are not powerful enough to spin the motors fast enough.)

Why don’t we just have voltages to the batteries ( ants have 6v, battle packs have 12, etc, and piglets, Copals take 6v as well, and if you give a piglet 24v the piglet would not work (it would burn out))
Based

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2018, 05:23:03 AM »
Very nice work Click.

As for your problem with balancing batteries and motors, i think making a larger sized battery more powerful than its weight it smaller batteries would do the trick (like it is in stock. I mean, it works in stock. Even though small battery packs would last in a 36HS, they are not powerful enough to spin the motors fast enough.)

Why don’t we just have voltages to the batteries ( ants have 6v, battle packs have 12, etc, and piglets, Copals take 6v as well, and if you give a piglet 24v the piglet would not work (it would burn out))
We are limited by what RA2 is capable of doing. RA2 doesn't measure battery output in voltages, and all spin motors are hard coded to have the same power draw as each other, so we cannot change that. Clickbeetle has been working on overvolting, but I don't think it's possible to get RA2 to just "burn out" a motor based on anything except damage from an opponent.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2018, 08:21:43 AM »
Very nice work Click.

We are limited by what RA2 is capable of doing. RA2 doesn't measure battery output in voltages, and all spin motors are hard coded to have the same power draw as each other, so we cannot change that. Clickbeetle has been working on overvolting, but I don't think it's possible to get RA2 to just "burn out" a motor based on anything except damage from an opponent.
To add to the power draw code statement, yeah. It was a developer's error, and it's exe hardcoded. And only one person knows how to break into the exe so the game can be fundamentally changed (he is not as active now, and didn't make any change though). Basically, like bursts and maybe servos, spin motors were supposed to consume different amount of power, but the aforementioned error meant they all consume the same power

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2018, 09:47:28 AM »
Nice bump there fam