Author Topic: SvL Season 2  (Read 9057 times)

Offline commandercluck

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SvL Season 2 (Signups open!!!)
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2020, 06:25:20 PM »
Wait a second, is this going to be using the latest/close to the latest build? A lot of stuff got changed including weights of motors and such. I think I submitted them on the October build and my bots are kind of broken now. Are we allowed to update them still?

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2020, 06:41:32 PM »
I think we'll have to do with what there is now. Though he's waiting for at least the next version of the game for certain reasons.
"Always be yourself, unless you're a loser"

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2020, 06:49:54 PM »
I think we'll have to do with what there is now. Though he's waiting for at least the next version of the game for certain reasons.
Primarily A40-300 motors being broken

Offline CodeSilver23

• RR2 Enthusiast and Design Innovator
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • Stars v Legends founder, Inventor of the Wheel-fix
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Discord: CodeSilverGaming
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2020, 07:28:59 PM »
Wait a second, is this going to be using the latest/close to the latest build? A lot of stuff got changed including weights of motors and such. I think I submitted them on the October build and my bots are kind of broken now. Are we allowed to update them still?
They all work fine for me. What build are you using?
Accomplishments:

Offline CodeSilver23

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
Re: SvL Season 2 Special Announcement
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2020, 10:19:46 PM »
Accomplishments:

Offline AWGaming

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • yes
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SvL Season 2
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2020, 04:25:18 AM »
I've saw that, the new arena looks awesome! Can't wait!
hey there

Offline CodeSilver23

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
Re: SvL Season 2 (Postponed until further notice)
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2020, 09:19:15 AM »
With the current state of the game, I’m going to have to postpone Season 2 until further notice. If we’re extremely lucky, the free cam for the SvL arena (when it’s finished, I have no idea when) will be compatible with the most stable build, Feb 16, and I can actually get to filming. If not, either we pray for a new stable build to come out, or I have to cancel SvL and figure out what to do. I’m not ****ing happy with this. I’m not pissed off at the developers, I’m just pissed off at the situation. It’s really hard to just cancel an 88-bot tournament. But it’s also really hard to do a tournament with a bunch of outdated entries. Hopefully this all works out in the end, because I don’t know what the **** to do if it doesn’t.
Accomplishments:

Offline Team Lightning

• Addicted to combat robotics, good at annoying people, and wanting to get to -10000 rep XD.
  • Beetleweight
  • Rep: -4
  • Education is important, robots are importanter.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2020, 07:59:25 PM »
With the current state of the game, I’m going to have to postpone Season 2 until further notice. If we’re extremely lucky, the free cam for the SvL arena (when it’s finished, I have no idea when) will be compatible with the most stable build, Feb 16, and I can actually get to filming. If not, either we pray for a new stable build to come out, or I have to cancel SvL and figure out what to do. I’m not ****ing happy with this. I’m not pissed off at the developers, I’m just pissed off at the situation. It’s really hard to just cancel an 88-bot tournament. But it’s also really hard to do a tournament with a bunch of outdated entries. Hopefully this all works out in the end, because I don’t know what the **** to do if it doesn’t.
I’ve got old builds if you need them

Offline CodeSilver23

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2020, 10:09:47 PM »
I don't see how this will help with anything...
Accomplishments:

Offline Team Lightning

• Addicted to combat robotics, good at annoying people, and wanting to get to -10000 rep XD.
  • Beetleweight
  • Rep: -4
  • Education is important, robots are importanter.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2020, 06:29:45 AM »
I can try to give you a build that is stable and compatible with all the robots in SvL.

I’ve watched some of the first season and it was amazing, I imagine that this one will be better!

Offline CodeSilver23

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2020, 07:45:09 AM »
I can try to give you a build that is stable and compatible with all the robots in SvL.

I’ve watched some of the first season and it was amazing, I imagine that this one will be better!
Thank you for trying to help, but I’m talking more about builds that aren’t even out yet. So unless you’ve secretly been a developer this whole time, this won’t be of much use. Glad you’re liking Season 1! What Heat are you at?
Accomplishments:

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
  • Rep: 9
  • "I HATE SEBASTIAN COE!"
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: TheRoboteer#8784
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2020, 08:46:53 AM »
It's almost like basing your tournament around patches that aren't even out yet, in a game that's still in alpha/beta testing isn't a good idea
Notable Tournament Performances:
The Beginner's Guide to IRL:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/irl-a-beginner's-guide

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2020, 09:00:06 AM »
It's almost like basing your tournament around patches that aren't even out yet, in a game that's still in alpha/beta testing isn't a good idea
Atleast he plans on finishing his tournament :heck:

Offline CodeSilver23

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2020, 09:09:33 AM »
It may not be a good idea, but it's my best option.
Accomplishments:

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2020, 09:19:33 AM »
You could like, wait until it's in full release before you start hosting tournaments?

You could use the version of the game that was out when you were accepting entries, rather than banking on future versions maintaining compatibility when the game is still in development and patches are clearly gonna break stuff from previous versions.

Literally anybody who's played an in-development version of a game before could tell you that the chances of stuff from one development version still being compatible down the line are basically nil. You should have seen this coming.

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2020, 09:32:39 AM »
You could like, wait until it's in full release before you start hosting tournaments?

You could use the version of the game that was out when you were accepting entries, rather than banking on future versions maintaining compatibility when the game is still in development and patches are clearly gonna break stuff from previous versions.

Literally anybody who's played an in-development version of a game before could tell you that the chances of stuff from one development version still being compatible down the line are basically nil. You should have seen this coming.
He has a point admittedly. I get that you're excited for RR2 but hosting a tournament so early on into development was a bit silly. Arena looked cool though.
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline CodeSilver23

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2020, 10:00:25 AM »
Why would I wait 2-3 years to start my tournament back up when all I'm waiting for is a goddamn Free-Cam?

I'm not as worried about the compatibility of the robots as I am about the Free-Cam and whether or not the game that its compatible with is stable.

Why did you feel the need to tell me this? It's kinda ****ing obvious that stuff in this game become incompatible eventually. I know how development works. Again, I'm more worried about if there's a stable build I can use the Free Cam on. The SvL arena that I currently have works on  builds Feb 16-now. I just am unsure if the version with the Free-Cam can work on Feb 16 when it's finished being made, as it's the most stable build.
Accomplishments:

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2020, 10:46:11 AM »
I mean there have been a fair ammounts of tournaments in this game already, so hosting yet another tournament would be a reasonable thing i reckon.

Bot compatibilty will also not be an issue no more as from what ive heared, the bots structure file is p much done.

Offline TheRoboteer

• Mr Big Blue Flipper
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2020, 10:59:58 AM »
I mean there have been a fair ammounts of tournaments in this game already, so hosting yet another tournament would be a reasonable thing i reckon.

Bot compatibilty will also not be an issue no more as from what ive heared, the bots structure file is p much done.
Most tournaments have been hosted in the same version of the game that the entries were built / accepted in. If free cam is that essential to this tournament that you're talking about cancelling it if you can't get a version that works with it, IDK why you didn't just wait to host it in the version of the game that it works with

Either that, or just don't use freecam.

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2020, 02:05:30 PM »
Why did you feel the need to tell me this? It's kinda ****ing obvious that stuff in this game become incompatible eventually. I know how development works. Again, I'm more worried about if there's a stable build I can use the Free Cam on. The SvL arena that I currently have works on  builds Feb 16-now. I just am unsure if the version with the Free-Cam can work on Feb 16 when it's finished being made, as it's the most stable build.

Ngl, if you knew "how development works" you wouldn't be making such a big deal over the action cam :^)
Things I did & done