Robot Arena Matches > Tournament Archives

IMPORTANT CHANGES: Tournament Rule Change Discussion

(1/39) > >>

cephalopod:

Rule Changes to Entry Level Tournaments and Display Tournaments have now been made, but may change at any time. I will also be asking hosts for feedback on the new process as it comes into use.
Please visit the Tournament Management thread and/or Display Tournament Rule thread to view these changes.

I know some of you guys have been waiting for this for quite some time...

The Mod team and I are looking at changing at least some of the tourney rules, just to improve and update, and I'd like to know if you guys have any suggestions.
It's also been brought to my attention that Display Tournament rules need a huge fix as you can't really gather a whole lot from what we have.

Discuss away and hopefully we can use your feedback in a constructive manner :)

Jonzu95:
Is the minor tournament host vote really needed? There isn't going much around in GTM right now and so on.

cephalopod:
The thing I find useful about the vote is it gauges interest in the tournament - if any tournament goes through to signups and then isn't supported by the community, it'll end up lapsing and a possibly unnecessary black mark is left on their name.

Jonzu95:

--- Quote from: Craaig on September 12, 2013, 04:26:11 AM ---The thing I find useful about the vote is it gauges interest in the tournament - if any tournament goes through to signups and then isn't supported by the community, it'll end up lapsing and a possibly unnecessary black mark is left on their name.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I thought about that afterwards as well. I got nothing else to say about the rules though

JoeBlo:
Perhaps polls need to brought in with all tournaments able to be voted (multiple option voting as opposed to single option) 

if you achieve an amount of votes that is greater or equal to your specified amount of signups you may go ahead, this could also serve as an on going thing rather then a poll once a month (via poll option editing)

Food for thought..

--- Quote from: Jonzu95 on September 12, 2013, 03:25:58 AM ---
Is the minor tournament host vote really needed? There isn't going much around in GTM right now and so on.

--- End quote ---

I agree, I introduced the system back when we had more tournaments starting then showcases, but now I think its cutting the circulation of this website a little

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version