Author Topic: TommyProductionsInc Stock-Bot Showcase  (Read 16286 times)

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
TommyProductionsInc Stock-Bot Showcase
« on: March 03, 2014, 07:39:18 PM »
Alright, the topic is ready, my pants are on  :baffled:, it's ROBOT SHOWCASING TIME!!!
First up is my lightweight, Sit'n'Spin'n'...Stuff:

Oh, and insides:

The armor is DSA.

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
Re: TommyProductionsInc Stock-Bot Showcase
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:41:35 PM »
You posted the link as "gametchmods".

[img]http://gametechmods.com/uploads/images/11489Sit'n'Spin'n'...Stuff.JPG[/img]

^fixed link
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:25:12 AM by Trovaner »
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 08:07:37 PM »
Thanks dude! :gawe:
How do you like my lightweight? How can i improve it? I'm all ears.

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:20:27 PM »
As far as bots go, It's been done before.

Stock Really hasn't been made to showcase robots like that in a long long time. Almost everyone plays stock very very differently from your style.

I'd really recommend you get DSL2.1 or DSL 3-alpha. There are a lot more components to use, arenas and other fun stuff.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »
Read this.

And this.

Basically, replace the mud tires w/ shinies, the battle axe with razors/irons... and get rid of the pink battery packs.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 08:29:39 PM »
Yeah, what he said.

If you look at other stock showcases, they use many glitches and other various techniques which is much different from real life style robotics.

Your best bet would probably be to download and get familiar with DSL2, then check out some other showcases (Scrap Daddy, Virus Bomb, ty4er, Thyrus, etc) if you want to follow a real life style approach.
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:31:07 PM »
As far as bots go, It's been done before.

Stock Really hasn't been made to showcase robots like that in a long long time. Almost everyone plays stock very very differently from your style.

I'd really recommend you get DSL2.1 or DSL 3-alpha. There are a lot more components to use, arenas and other fun stuff.
Lol, i actually have BOTH of those, i just felt like starting with stock. :smile:
Yeah, what he said.

If you look at other stock showcases, they use many glitches and other various techniques which is much different from real life style robotics.

Your best bet would probably be to download and get familiar with DSL2, then check out some other showcases (Scrap Daddy, Virus Bomb, ty4er, Thyrus, etc) if you want to follow a real life style approach.
Ok, i was doing irl. :facepalm:
Next time i'll get a REAL bot. ;)

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 09:04:04 PM »
Read this.

And this.

Basically, replace the mud tires w/ shinies, the battle axe with razors/irons... and get rid of the pink battery packs.
Got it. Would this be ok?

Here's the internals:

I used snapper loading to get the new weapon head, and the ramming sheilds are meant to protect the weapon support... sort of.
I'll be back later after i get another replica done... in STOCK!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 11:31:28 PM »
The first one was built to the weight limit at least, and its not bad for IRL, just a little generic.

Dont feel like typing some huge advice text block for the mw this late at night so I'll let someone else do it.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 11:43:36 PM »
Whoops! I didn't even pay attention to the weight limit! Again: :facepalm: :facepalm: I'll fix that later.
In the meantime, here's a robot some what less "generic":

Here's the innards:

Again, I'll take any advice. ;)

Offline rnifnuf

• Forum Linguist
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Proponent of competitive sonnet improvisation
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 01:18:50 AM »
I like where you are going with Rusty, but it could use some major adjustments. These include:
  • The wedge is not that great. Use a small wedge on an extender on a blue snapper. This will save lots of weight for stronger weapon burst motors and more hammer weapons.
  • Use a snowplow for frontal armor. This is crucial for hammers, as their weapons fly in from the sides as opposed to the front. No frontal weapon means that there is nothing to protect the chassis.
  • Use a stronger burst motor for the hammer weapon. This will allow for more weapons on the hammer and allow it to function as a proper srimech. As it is, the separate srimech is just a waste of weight.
  • Eliminate the RAD motors and wheels and only have two-wheel drive with HP Z-Teks. This saves weight as well as battery power for the burst motor. Keep the shiny hubs, though
  • What armor are you using? Stock only has two viable armor options: Plastic and Double-strength aluminum (DSA). DSA is attained by not selecting any armor, thus providing you with a light armor that is stronger than steel. Only use plastic if there is absolutely no weight leftover for DSA. If you selected an armor besides DSA, this will ruin the glitch. The only way to re-apply DSA is to re-build the chassis.
  • You only need a single supervolt for this bot. The extra pink is barely helping if at all, so you might as well remove it.
Also, don't post multiple smileys in a row. It makes you look like a n00b, which, based on your replicas, you certainly are not.
Follow me on Twitter? I'd like to see you try!

Stock Showcase     DSL Showcase     Ironforge Showcase

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 08:11:57 AM »
You seem to have chassis space management down, which is certainly a good thing. For your second thwackbot, you could shrink the chassis a little more, mount your weapons on a baseplate anchor and get more of them. You only need one black battery for it as well. If you need to, you could probably stick a second arm out of the back of the robot so you deal damage from more than one point.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »
I like where you are going with Rusty, but it could use some major adjustments. These include:
  • The wedge is not that great. Use a small wedge on an extender on a blue snapper. This will save lots of weight for stronger weapon burst motors and more hammer weapons.
  • Use a snowplow for frontal armor. This is crucial for hammers, as their weapons fly in from the sides as opposed to the front. No frontal weapon means that there is nothing to protect the chassis.
  • Use a stronger burst motor for the hammer weapon. This will allow for more weapons on the hammer and allow it to function as a proper srimech. As it is, the separate srimech is just a waste of weight.
  • Eliminate the RAD motors and wheels and only have two-wheel drive with HP Z-Teks. This saves weight as well as battery power for the burst motor. Keep the shiny hubs, though
  • What armor are you using? Stock only has two viable armor options: Plastic and Double-strength aluminum (DSA). DSA is attained by not selecting any armor, thus providing you with a light armor that is stronger than steel. Only use plastic if there is absolutely no weight leftover for DSA. If you selected an armor besides DSA, this will ruin the glitch. The only way to re-apply DSA is to re-build the chassis.
  • You only need a single supervolt for this bot. The extra pink is barely helping if at all, so you might as well remove it.
Also, don't post multiple smileys in a row. It makes you look like a n00b, which, based on your replicas, you certainly are not.
The armor is DSA, and i'll try to use the smileys less repetitively. As for you advice, it's EXACTLY the kind of advice i wanted, so thank you.
Is this any better?

Here's the insides:

And while i'm at it, Badnik, i couldn't get Sit'n'Spin'n'Stuff two arms in the way i wanted, but I've improved it nonetheless.

And innards:

Also DSA.
And finally, my very unusual but awesome HeavyWeight, O-Bladerator:

Heres the innards:

Yes, the weapon is a vertical spinner mounted on a servo, and the reason why is where things get unusual.
Here he is in action:

The whole weapon system can rotate 360 degrees, meaning he can be inverted yet still use his weapon.
Fragile and unorthidox maybe, but it works!
Armor is steel :frown:, and yet it STILL is underweight. Any ideas?

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 08:06:24 PM »
You don't need steel armor, you can use DSA (double strength aluminum) by not touching the armor tab at all. Lighter and stronger than steel.

The new SnSnS (lol, it's a taken acronym) is much better, but you could still save weight by making your wheels external (in turn shrinking your chassis more) and mounting the weapon on a baseplate anchor.

I like the creativity behind O-Bladerator, but it'd look and work better in DSL I think.

For Rusty, the wedge would work better if it was symmetrical, and if the hammer had more spikes on it. Sacrificing those spike strips should help. Again, make your wheels external, the less chassis exposed the better. I have a pretty good MW hammer around here, maybe I'll showcase it to give you some ideas ;)

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 08:14:49 PM »
You don't need steel armor, you can use DSA (double strength aluminum) by not touching the armor tab at all. Lighter and stronger than steel.

The new SnSnS (lol, it's a taken acronym) is much better, but you could still save weight by making your wheels external (in turn shrinking your chassis more) and mounting the weapon on a baseplate anchor.

I like the creativity behind O-Bladerator, but it'd look and work better in DSL I think.

For Rusty, the wedge would work better if it was symmetrical, and if the hammer had more spikes on it. Sacrificing those spike strips should help. Again, make your wheels external, the less chassis exposed the better. I have a pretty good MW hammer around here, maybe I'll showcase it to give you some ideas ;)
Thanks! S.N.S.N.S uses the snapper in order to get all those weapons on, and i thought that protected wheels were better within the chassis rather than have external components. The side spike strips on rusty are there to avoid getting stuck on his side, though i could just change the chassis or something. I will definately get the symmetry on that flipper fixed, it kinda bugged me anyway. I'll do a DSL showcase later.
On a final note, would you be interested in me making a 180 degree hammer bot in stock? it uses a method i thought up myself, and may never have been done before...
Again, thanks for the advice! :mrgreen:

Offline rnifnuf

• Forum Linguist
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 08:21:04 PM »
Also, for O-Bladerator, use four smaller ice picks as opposed to two larger ones. Both sizes of ice picks have 1000HP and 157DP (Damage potential, a relative measure on how much damage this weapon could do. In Stock, this ranges from 100 to 183.9, but the range is much wider in DSL 2 and 3, 150 to 425 and 125 to 1019 respectively), but singe picks have half of the weight of a double pick. Alternatively, you could use irons, razors, maces, axe heads*, or bear claws*.

As for rusty, you could prevent it getting stuck on its side by placing the Z-teks farther apart from each other. The wheels might do the spike strips' job as well as their own. This could also give you a place to put the supervolt.

*Axe heads and bear claws have normals, which are areas the weapon can do damage with. For example, sawblades can only do damage with the edge and will do nothing with the flat face. For axe heads and bear claws, these normals are the axe blade and the tips of the claws respectively.

Offline Wacky Bob

• Super Heavyweight
  • I knew my face would freeze if I held it too long.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »
One thing I really want to say: Rusty 1.1's wedge should stick out more.

There are other things you can do, but most of them have been said.

I like your creativity, though.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 08:27:23 PM »
Is there a mounting system you can use with a snapper and not an anchor? I fail to see much difference...

Offline rnifnuf

• Forum Linguist
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 10:25:17 PM »
Is there a mounting system you can use with a snapper and not an anchor? I fail to see much difference...

Badnik:
With a snapper, you can snapper load and/or eFFe the components on the extender. Although this is probably unnecessary, since the components can be attached in the manner that they are without either of these techniques.

Tommy:
With the weight saved from replacing the snapper with an anchor, you could replace the sideways razors with irons. This isn't something I normally would advise, but since irons are much larger than razors, the irons would reach past the ice picks. Additionally/alternitavely, you could replace the supervolt with a nifty, since a nifty is more than enough to power that bot for three minutes. This method gives you the opportunity to learn how to stack control boards inside of Nifties, which is a very popular trick in the Stock community.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 11:56:24 PM »
Whoops, thought i had posted these earlier.
I've made some upgrades to S.N.S.N.S and Rusty 1.1:

S.N.S.N.S is MUCH more compact now, apparrently, i didn't need snapper loading for the weapon to be put together.
I'll try iron spikes next update, so don't worry.
Here's the internals:

Here's Rusty 1.2:

And his internals:

Thanks again to everyone for the advice, keep it up! :bigsmile:
I'd also like some more forum members to assist, so that i have some more variety in opinions.