Author Topic: TheOrcCorp's Stock Showcase  (Read 1594 times)

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
TheOrcCorp's Stock Showcase
« on: March 19, 2017, 08:07:45 AM »
Hello everyone, new to the forums here but have been playing Robot Arena 2 for about a year or so now...here are some of my robots! Any advice/thoughts etc are very appreciated!

GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: TheOrcCorp's Stock Showcase
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:12:35 AM »
Hi, welcome to the forums!

One of the first things you'll want to make sure that you do on every bot is build to the weight limit. For example, Flippernation has over 300kgs of weight that you haven't used, and that weight could be used for extra weapons, armour or anything useful really. If you're looking for some more advanced advice, this page has some great advice for newcomers.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 09:09:21 AM »
Hi, welcome to the forums!

One of the first things you'll want to make sure that you do on every bot is build to the weight limit. For example, Flippernation has over 300kgs of weight that you haven't used, and that weight could be used for extra weapons, armour or anything useful really. If you're looking for some more advanced advice, this page has some great advice for newcomers.

Thank you very much!

Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look now! :D
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »
Hi OrcCorp and Welcome to the forums.
First of all, Don't use regular Z-Teks for the drive. They may be lighter than the High Powered version but the High Power Z-teks will allow your Robot to move much faster while using the same amount of power as a normal Z-Tek. Despite their weight, this makes them the ideal motor for all Stock builders; on some of your heavy weights like Flippermation, you don't need three Super-volts to power a Heavy Weight. I often told by senior members that you should have at least two Supervolts for a heavy weight at least, the Battery power from two will be enough to keep a heavy weight going for about 3 min, otherwise you should check and read this power consumption chart when you have the time to know how much power you really need. https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0.
Finally, I recommend checking out the Starcore and BBEANS AI packs in the download section, these packs are chocked full of well built Stock bots that will test your machines to the limit. You might learn a few things from these bots and you can try to replicate these bots yourself. I hope this helps.

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 01:00:41 PM »
I don't know about y'all, but this kid instantly gains kudo's from me for the "Bot Lesnar" name. You need to make a LW, Paul Heyman-bot also.

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 01:09:09 PM »
I don't know about y'all, but this kid instantly gains kudo's from me for the "Bot Lesnar" name

Cheap pop from me as well

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 01:51:42 PM »
I don't know about y'all, but this kid instantly gains kudo's from me for the "Bot Lesnar" name. You need to make a LW, Paul Heyman-bot also.

Thank you! I will edit all my robots accordingly!

Thank you, seems like quite a few people like the name! That Paul Heyman idea is fantastic, I can't believe it's never crossed my mind! Thanks!

I don't know about y'all, but this kid instantly gains kudo's from me for the "Bot Lesnar" name

Cheap pop from me as well

Woo, cheap pop! \o/

Offline Jammy Dodger

• The welsh idiot you probably dislike
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 04:23:49 PM »
hello friend ; )! these are quite nice and funny for your first bots they can be made smaller though

Offline TheOrcCorp

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »
hello friend ; )! these are quite nice and funny for your first bots they can be made smaller though

Hey pal! ;D Thank you, size will definitely be something I decrease in the future.

In regards to an earlier suggestion, I made a Paul Heyman lightweight bot! Yet to be named so if you have any suggestions for a robot pun based name for Heyman, please go ahead and tell me! :D Also feedback on the bot is appreciated too!

Offline Jammy Dodger

• The welsh idiot you probably dislike
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 04:28:36 PM »
as said on discord Paul Distractem

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 05:07:01 AM »
Bot Lesnar and Paul E. Dangerously (Paul Electronically Dangerously). Yes. All of my yes.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.