Author Topic: The Fallen's Epic Showcase!  (Read 3809 times)

Offline TheFallen

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Transform and rise up!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Fallen's Epic Showcase!
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:04:11 AM »

Here is my robot Chaos Bringer 2. Its designed so that the front part clamps and pushes the opponent, while at the back are double spinning discs of destruction!

And here's its little brother Chaos. Same design, except its middleweight, only one disc and slightly different clamping technique.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:23:50 PM by Pwnator »
*Insert random witty comment here*

Offline KOS

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • NoxoraGTR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: The Fallen's Epic Showcase!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:03:20 PM »
Looks cool  ;) . To improve, add wedges (ddt - extender -small wedge) this will help get underneath other bots. A good place to learn advanced techniques to help you improve, is the beatlebros website - http://beetlebros.gametechmods.com/ra2techs.htm

Offline Lemonism

• Rep: 16
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:11:36 PM »
First off, welcome!
Your weapon motor choice and drive motor choice is good, and so is your choice of using razors. To save weight use shiny hub wheels for both.
Try to make the space in the chassis as small as possible, as this gives you more weight for weapons/drive/external armour (e.g. ramplates/plows).
What armour are you using also?
Download Mortis.py
Download some of my DSL2.2 Bots

Offline Jet-speed

• The Transient
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Over 10 years and still can't build HWs.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Andle#5961
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 02:21:09 PM »
Following on from Lemonism and what you'll learn from the Beetlebros, generally weaponry is most effective when centred at the front of your robot; having to turn to use weapons can lead to your front/sides getting caught out and hit. Not to mention also that when you're driving a vertical spinner, as your designs progress and bear more weapons you may find them to dislike abrupt turning, with the forces trying to throw them sideways, so even more reason to try and keep them most effective at your front.

Of course, if you were to shrink your chassis more, you may very well find the disc/tribar/whatever you choose to use sticking out the rear of your robot, as well as the front. Whilst the primary focus should be having it usable head on, having it reach out the back doesn't exactly hurt.

Offline TheFallen

• Antweight
  • Transform and rise up!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 05:38:02 AM »
To answer Lemonism's  question, I use DSA armour. Btw, thanks for the feedback on my robots ! Helps a lot  ;)

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 07:41:40 PM »
Don't add useless extender work. Right now your axle + 40cm red + angled connector is pretty useless.

Offline TheFallen

• Antweight
  • Transform and rise up!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 04:33:58 AM »
I know, I built this a few days ago before reading the BeetleBros'site, now I use the side connection points instead!

Offline TheFallen

• Antweight
  • Transform and rise up!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 04:36:23 AM »
I just added it to make my robot heavier as the spikes I put on the clamping design in my HW were too heavy!

Offline AlexGRFan97

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -7
  • Cheeki Breeki.
    • AlexGRFan97
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 04:45:22 AM »
You can edit your posts, you know.

Offline J

• I don’t give a dimmadamn
  • Rep: 4
  • I sexually identify as a tall hat
    • I don’t care
    • I don’t care
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: I don’t care
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 12:11:49 PM »
You can edit your posts, you know.
But then he wouldn't attract attention =D

Offline AlexGRFan97

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -7
  • Cheeki Breeki.
    • AlexGRFan97
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 12:29:21 PM »
A general rule of thumb when building any robot is to maximize your offense as much as possible. Ah well, glad to see you've found the best weapon, drive, and wheel combination already so now it's a case of just improving and asking the more experienced builders for help.

Offline TheFallen

• Antweight
  • Transform and rise up!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 06:53:16 AM »
After a few weeks of on/off building, I reveal UnDestructor! Supervolt battery, Z-Tek drive, 2 static razor tips and 8 disc mounted ones.

It'll feed off bots with unprotected wheels. Its main weakness though, is that it's very vulnerable, like most spinners, to popups.

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 07:21:37 AM »
It's decent, well, compared to the stock AI. But it will without a doubt get destroyed by Starcore bots.

Feel free to go install it, it'll help you with building by leaps and bounds, but I think it'd be better to take a look at other Stock showcases and try and do what they do first. Snapper loading, stakcing etc.
beep beep

Offline KOS

• Heavyweight
    • NoxoraGTR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 07:38:17 AM »
Ok then, firstly, you need to redo your chassis, get rid of the wedge as it's unnecessary, that way you can have hpz drive, and some irons on the spinner/rammer.  ;)

Offline TheFallen

• Antweight
  • Transform and rise up!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 08:49:15 AM »
Thanks for the tips(I don't agree with SHIELD though, I mean I've downloaded some BBEANS bots lately and it still beats them, I tried installing Starcore but it didn't work) I can easily redo the chassis, leave weight for HPZs, but I've decided that the next few bots will be Stock IRL(challenge is on!).

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 08:53:11 AM »

Thanks for the tips(I don't agree with SHIELD though, I mean I've downloaded some BBEANS bots lately and it still beats them, I tried installing Starcore but it didn't work) I can easily redo the chassis, leave weight for HPZs, but I've decided that the next few bots will be Stock IRL(challenge is on!).

Ah, stock IRL. Interesting.
beep beep

Offline TheFallen

• Antweight
  • Transform and rise up!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 08:55:28 AM »
I've got a VS/Popup heavyweight hybrid, but if UnDestructor isn't good enough, there's no point showing that bot.

Offline Lemonism

• Rep: 16
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 09:02:13 AM »
You could show both?

Stock IRL isn't very common, but I'm all for it :)
Download Mortis.py
Download some of my DSL2.2 Bots

Offline TheFallen

• Antweight
  • Transform and rise up!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 08:17:44 AM »
I've decided to screw IRL and build robots that just look epic! I really need Starcore robots, but every time i install it the game crashes.
This is Blue Monster 5. It's a popup, but with a twist, if the 16 razor tips don't work, it can lower its pistons via servos and become a poker.

This is Cyclonus, your basic Pyscolone popup. I didn't have time to stack the Supervolts, so I just left it like that. It might be more effective than the other robots here, but it's not as epic-looking.

]

This is my first attempt at a (sort of) drum bot, Scorpion Venom 2. It's very destructive, but it's mainly built to look cool. 20 razor tips with HP Z-teks, 2 HP-Zteks and 2 Redbirds for drive, all powered by just one Supervolt.

This is Grindor, a middleweight juggler bot with plastic armour, 6 razor tips mounted on 2 discs(I'm going to update the robot so that the discs aren't in the way of the wedge so much) and Redbird drive.

And finally, a mad robot. CoNfLuEnCe has Snapper2 wedges, 2 HP-Ztek drive, samurai swords(only weapons long enough to fit the 7 part limit) on chained HPZs, and RAD-powered mace tribars as extender breakers.

Offline KOS

• Heavyweight
    • NoxoraGTR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 10:53:30 AM »
Scorpion venom looks cool, however... What's up with the uneven weapons on some of the robots? also, those are hammers not popups, This is a popup -

1) (May want to shrink the chassis) Rotate the DDT on the left side, and make it even to improve wedgeyness, also rotate the right piston 1 tick left so its even with the other side.

2) Generic, but very well built , once again fix the hammer to a popup, and it will be good to go!

3) Looks cool, but get rid of the redbirds and lower the DDT's for better wedges. This should allow you to place more weapons evenly.

4) I see what you are trying to do, its cool, but flip the snappers over for better wedges, and try lowering it. (maybe replace redbirds with z-teks.)

5) Whoa, looks original, but i think iron spikes will fare better than samurai swords.

Overall, good job keep up the stock! :D