Author Topic: Silverfish's Stock Showcase  (Read 38356 times)

Offline Silverfish

• The Hardest Part of Ending is Starting Again
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Welcome to the quiet before the storm hits...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Silverfish's Stock Showcase
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2018, 10:27:16 AM »
The weapon thing isn't necessarily the Ro7, but it's mostly because it's a rebuild of a bot by cephalopod, which also used hammers. As for the U-Shape thing, I'll take a look at it sometime.
Tourney stuffs:

"We need a new way to defeat them... Something they haven't seen. Something... no one... has ever seen..."
-Gelorum, Acceleracers: Ignition

Youtube(cuz I can't use the normal link): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8zJZecbrpqiZK2eLnKLAA

Offline Silverfish

• The Hardest Part of Ending is Starting Again
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Welcome to the quiet before the storm hits...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2020, 06:57:30 PM »
Well, decided to come back and maybe build a bot or two before going on another hiatus (or dying again, depending on who you ask lol).
This was an idea to make a 6WD popup with a tolerable turn radius. It took a long time to figure out the drive setup, and it looks nice and weird, but it does work. Ended up needing to be really tall as a result of having a blue snapper as high as it needs to be for this (4 height ticks from the base of the chassis).
12 razors, 2 SVs.

Millipede.png
Tourney stuffs:

"We need a new way to defeat them... Something they haven't seen. Something... no one... has ever seen..."
-Gelorum, Acceleracers: Ignition

Youtube(cuz I can't use the normal link): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8zJZecbrpqiZK2eLnKLAA

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2020, 02:32:02 PM »
Weapons look slightly AGOD'd; is that true? Can really ruin the wedge if that's the case. Have you tested the wedge?

2 blackvolts are not enough for a popup. For some reason the more 'excess' battery you have the more powerful your DDTs are (up to a cap). 3 is usual, 4 is as high as anyone ever goes.

Turn razors so the flat face is what hits the other robot

Instead of trying to use a setup with a tolerable turn radius, you could just try only wiring 2 or 4 motors for turning
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.