Author Topic: Sage's Showcase  (Read 191183 times)

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« on: May 11, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »
meh. mind as well make a new one. starting out with letter "I" of my alphabet.

I for Insidious, here meaning "operating or proceeding in an inconspicuous or seemingly harmless way but actually with grave effect."

DSA, 791.9, 4 razors on each ddt, 4 batts (courtesy of infiniteinertia, master of stacking) 4 hpz drive.

good luck figuring out how i put the drive on.

P.S. about the battleshot, i had the red blinking light, and the other bot had full health. to say the least, i was not doing too good. but then, i got a one hit kill, and won the battle.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:45:15 PM by Sage »
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 02:37:21 PM »
I cant believe that! Its awesome!

...Wait! The four DDTs are only weapon ones. So you effe glitched 4 razors on each... two stacked (so actually each visible extender and razor put on the DDT is in fact two). But a thing I don't understand is that this violates the rule of 7 (that makes 8 parts, so 4 20cm extenders and 4 razors, on each DDT...)

I suppose you made the same thing with the HPZteks, so actually there are 2 HPZteks in one. Andso the wheels are exactly at the same place too... Because between the 2 Zteks there are 2 extenders visible, so actually 3 in reality (one within another). This stacking must be repeated for the other pair of Zteks, staked like the first, so 6 extenders on 2. (not stacked, but you turned the snappers holding them so that they overlap)

But then you need at least 2 snappers to effe glitch all these motors... I guess its Snapper II's...

Seeing the wedge and ramplate position, the only thing I can think of is that you stacked 2 Snapper II's in each battery, perhaps even stacked them together, and then used 2 for the drive and the other 2 for the ramplates and wedge. Two are pointing to the front (parallel), and the other ones are pointing to the left for one, and to the right for the other.

I dont think there are only 2 snappers, so one in each battery, because this will violate the rule of seven.

*gets an aspirin*

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »
:D

lemme explain the part about razors. the way you think about it, i attach one extender to each extender before it, making 8, breaking the rule of 7. but you fail to notice that i can actually attach 2 extenders to the one coming off the ddt, and attach an extender off one of those 2. i did not break the rule of seven. and about the drive, ill give u a clue. i only used 2 snappers total.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 03:44:50 PM »
That still mades 8 components on each DDT... but I dont understand really this rule of 7.

Well if you say so, for the 2 snappers, you can have put the wedge part one AP and the drive part on another. that still makes for the problemwhen you want to move the position of the angled thing for the snapper, rotating the extenders for effeing all the mess, the current design make that this rotating can get out the wedge part off the bot but not the drive one, and no effeing for the drive then.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that you put the two snappers in the rear corners, facing each other (so aligned in the left right axis) and put a straight extender directly to the 2 ones that support the drive, then put another straight, on the other snapper AP, but shorter, and make a right angle with another extender, and this right angle leads to wedge/ramplate. Then the two parts are fixed on the same snapper. And same thing with the other. And if you rotate the snapper and put all the thing out of the chassis, you can barely put the wedge/ramplate thingy (short extender, short distance to the chassis).

And so it makes 7 parts (long extender, 20cmextender, another one, two Zteks and two rubber wheels) for the drive thing and at least 6 for the wedge and ramplate.

But the problem is that the two extenders (in fact 6) between the Zteks are in the middle of the battery's width, so if you see the snapper II's size it will be a problem to stack him with this design, even if you put the drive on the servo reacting AP (rear) and the ramplate/wedge on the burst reacting AP (angled thingy).

I guess I'm not "sage" (wise) enough to figure that... you guys could give a try too.

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 03:59:55 PM »
u are getting way too complicated. and u are right about the rule of 7. it means there can only be 7 connection points connecting in a row. lemme explain again.

i take the ddt. i put one extender on it. i effe another extdner on it, moving the second one out of the way. then i go back to the original extender that comes off the ddt, and effe a third extender on it. so now i have three. on the second extender, i place another (number four) extender on it. watch.

DDT + extender one + extender two + extender four + razor = 5 connection points in a row. not even close to the 7 limit.

i will have to show a picture with its guts ripped out i guess. that is unless someone can figure it out. thanks naryar for showing interst. i love the sage joke.

Offline infiniteinertia

• Rep: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »
just listen to him naryyyy.
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline infiniteinertia

• View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 08:13:04 PM »
just listen to him naryyyy.
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Scrap Daddy

Sage's Showcase
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 08:38:36 PM »
Thats reaaaaly nice sage.

Offline Scrap Daddy

Sage's Showcase
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 10:24:32 PM »
Weird.....I cant edit my post.....Oh well I get exactly how its put together. Btw, is it me or are the razors too far back?

Offline Cooker

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 05:06:00 AM »
I like it. It's very compact. However, I did not get it, how you did it. I don't even know, if it is possible to stack batteries and then to stack another component inside. I would say no, but I will make some tests. If it works it is certainly tricky to use.

Offline somestrangeguy

• Rep: 2
  • If you can read this, your monitor is turned on.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 12:04:24 PM »
Easy, the Snapper IIs are inside the drive motors and I can also see that the motors are a bit off from eachother. The wedges are on 2, 20cm extenders and one of them has attacmentpoints upwards and then there is an angle connector to wich the ramplate is connected to.

I like the way its setup, nice and compact. If im not too wrong, it would take me about 2 days to make that, due to my impatience.

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 10:01:30 PM »
(EDIT: upurs.us and GTM image uploader not working. for now i have a small picture (thumbnail))

not insane, original, or even that good. just wanted to build a LW for once.

J for Jitterbug (it likes to dance sometimes) DSA, weapons wedged so it picks up bots and hits the bottom. it had beaten the V4 tempus fugit.

Offline Cooker

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 06:59:24 AM »
I don't know, but did you try what's the performance, when you put only razors? IMO it is possible, since the iron spikes are much longer, they get in contact first and the razors don' have much chance to do damage with this set up.

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 06:33:51 PM »
almost everytime i battle, the razors get knocked off first.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 03:12:45 AM »
Well i do not like razors just because they half the half of the other component's HP. But sometimes i must use them (weight problem in LWs essentially)

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 05:26:14 PM »
i was too lazy to nake a splash earlier. heres a new bot.

this is a challenge bot me and inf did. when hes ready we'll post in our topic.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 05:44:07 PM »
Pretty nice. I thought to this weapon ztek stacking on Tribute to Mayhem VI, cuase it saves perhaps a little more than 10 kg.

Im not fond of fast heavyweight VS, cause i think the wedges are a little less efficient with 4WD. but the snowplows must balance laterally the bot pretty well.

If I see well all the front plows and wedges are connected to snappers.... but how the HELL did you connected four of them to the rotating attachement point ? Cause these attachements are in the other snappers... stacked, you see.

Offline infiniteinertia

• View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 07:33:02 PM »
Quote from: Naryar;8748

...cause i think the wedges are a little less efficient with 4WD.see.

That was a really dumb statement.
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Are you not entertained?
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 08:07:33 PM »
I don't think catastrophe starts with K, but you probably knew that. The bot looks good, but not original. But it is hard to make an original VS, unless you're Lugicia..
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sage's Showcase
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 08:20:56 PM »
Quote from: Naryar;8748
Im not fond of fast heavyweight VS, cause i think the wedges are a little less efficient with 4WD.

You ever battled Neglected Waterbug or Rabid Pit Bull? Getting under those bots is a b!tch D:<