Author Topic: RedAce's Stock Showcase  (Read 160859 times)

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
Re: RedAce's Stock Showcase
« Reply #960 on: February 23, 2019, 05:13:55 PM »
the challenge comes from doing it with two extenders for weapons but it's still a nice build

knew i was missing something. red ace you cheater
that wasn't listed in the quota  :c

Also I was really scrunched for weight, as I was just off by 1 claw.  Not only that, but I had to find a way to make the chassis weigh like 17kg, and there was just no way I could squeeze that in with the setup I did.  Oh well.

Offline Starcore

• Rep: 6
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • View Profile
    • http://www.starcore.gametechmods.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #961 on: March 11, 2019, 02:00:53 PM »
Uhhhh.....

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

This feels more like a proof of concept style of HS than anything really.  I guess this was a Mr. Hell bot from Starcore AI V3.  An undercutter 24HS.  Kinda wanted to keep that style and get the weapons to actually all hit and do some actual undercutting, and give stronger armor.  So it has some top and bottom armor, and the plows seem wide enough to not  easily expose the wheels.  Why this style of weapon formation?  Well, Geese actually did this kinda same style for a Bitter Box rebuild a year ago, and wanted to kinda keep the same style for the other bots in the team.  Also kinda gives the "Devil's Horns" kinda vibe as well, so I guess that's neat.  Also even if I did have the 24 kg, im not entirely sure what exactly I could use beyond at least maybe two casters.

Also side note, the extender work is something I'm kinda iffy on.  It took a while to come up with it and get it actually done, but I don't even know if this was my best work as well.

I regularly like what I see for Starcore rebuilds that people (yourself included) do. I know I had a PC failure that helped to cause failed attempt at a Starcore AI V4/5 a few years ago, and I am currently back from sick for weeks and then a 2 1/2 week stay at hospital (had 2 strokes) but when I can get going again I would like to try again to assemble all the good work and updates into an updated Starcore pack. You all are doing wonderful work and would be great to assemble into a full pack again.

Starcore
Founding Father, Original CEO and Lead AI of DSL
Creator of the Starcore Stock AI Packs
Spin Doctors "We'll make you a smash hit!"
MSN Messenger: jeffmilburn@hotmail.com
Email: Starcore.RA2@gmail.com

Starcore AI Packs for Stock RA2 available at:
http://www.starcore.gametechmods.com/

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #962 on: March 11, 2019, 05:00:09 PM »
Uhhhh.....

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

This feels more like a proof of concept style of HS than anything really.  I guess this was a Mr. Hell bot from Starcore AI V3.  An undercutter 24HS.  Kinda wanted to keep that style and get the weapons to actually all hit and do some actual undercutting, and give stronger armor.  So it has some top and bottom armor, and the plows seem wide enough to not  easily expose the wheels.  Why this style of weapon formation?  Well, Geese actually did this kinda same style for a Bitter Box rebuild a year ago, and wanted to kinda keep the same style for the other bots in the team.  Also kinda gives the "Devil's Horns" kinda vibe as well, so I guess that's neat.  Also even if I did have the 24 kg, im not entirely sure what exactly I could use beyond at least maybe two casters.

Also side note, the extender work is something I'm kinda iffy on.  It took a while to come up with it and get it actually done, but I don't even know if this was my best work as well.

I regularly like what I see for Starcore rebuilds that people (yourself included) do. I know I had a PC failure that helped to cause failed attempt at a Starcore AI V4/5 a few years ago, and I am currently back from sick for weeks and then a 2 1/2 week stay at hospital (had 2 strokes) but when I can get going again I would like to try again to assemble all the good work and updates into an updated Starcore pack. You all are doing wonderful work and would be great to assemble into a full pack again.

Starcore
Hey, good to see ya back again man.  Sorry to hear about the illness, but here's hoping you feel better soon.  But yeah, as far as SCAI rebuilds, I do actually have a good amount of bots rebuilt, and even most of the submissions from the revival Google folders thing from 2-1/2 years ago, mostly to keep the V4 Alpha build pack I have currently up to date.  Some are alright from my testing, but others are rather good, but I would like to keep trying to give that spirit of the original bot back somehow.  I guess speaking of bots that I have rebuilt, here's the one that took this months Unrealistic section of BOTM:

VortexKE_Splash.png

I recall Pwn building this one like a year ago, and recall him struggling, and I think the solution to making a good Vortex CE was to have a 4-SnapperII build, which is what I took for this approach.  Was a bitch and a half to get both snappers stacked in the exact rotation, and I think I lucked out I even got the two snappers stacked anyway, but I feel I could still rebuild this but with two static HPZ's stacked with ASAS, just to keep it stable.  Cause this is a 24HS, and damn is this thing crazy as hell.  Once this thing picks up speed, this is pure kinetic energy, and it's dangerous.  Kinda took the name into a pun for the bot, and I know CE is meant to be a modernized version of Vortex from SCAIv2, but ironically, Vortex CE has aged poorly, and either name could've worked, but I kinda liked the sound of "Vortex KE".  Still, this is a pretty good rebuild, one of the better ones I made if I recall correctly.

Offline RedAce

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #963 on: June 01, 2019, 03:58:32 PM »
Well, might as well put these two in my showcase since I know I'll forget again.

Basically my bots from the last two unrealistic BOTMs.  Both are fun gut-rippers, efficient, and that's more than I can think is enough to say.  Frankly, I feel I'm starting to lose my touch and inspiration with stock as a while now, so it was fun to go back for a slight bit, but it's time I call it now.  It was fun while it lasted, but I feel I ended on a rather high enough note.  I don't want to say I'll never touch stock again, but I feel with how inactive it is now and frankly no one even touching it and how everything has been just done over and over again, there's a good chance I think this will be the time for me to retire in stock.  I might just upload a ton of robots or make some sort of montage of builds, but chance of me even making that are looking slim.

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #964 on: June 01, 2019, 04:20:25 PM »
don't understand why you would announce that you're retiring from build in stock. just build whenever you feel like building something. like nothing is certain, and this is coming from someone who literally builds a stock bot once a year lol.