Author Topic: Re: Suede's Stock Showcase  (Read 39325 times)

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Suede's Stock Showcase
« Reply #240 on: June 02, 2017, 01:55:37 PM »
Why didn't you angle the first extender on each side? The wheels would start on the ground if the extenders were rotated ~45°. It's a cool looking robot though.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: June 02, 2017, 08:00:45 PM »
Why didn't you angle the first extender on each side? The wheels would start on the ground if the extenders were rotated ~45°. It's a cool looking robot though.
I need the wheels to align with the chassis so that they're protected by the caster armor.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: June 03, 2017, 08:54:04 AM »
Post some clear shots of your extender work. I reckon there's 10-12 kg that can be shaved off from there but I'm not quite sure if it's worth downgrading to plastic for an extra set of plows.

Maybe replace the red extenders you have the drive mounted on with 140cm Square extenders?
I tried Square extenders, but the balance goes out of whack and the bot takes even longer get to it's feet

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #243 on: June 03, 2017, 01:48:27 PM »
Try making the chassis longer and just attach the drive through 2 anchors at the bottom of the bot. I'm not quite sure if your bot will be lighter as a result.

What will help though is angling the horizontal extenders holding the plows a tick or two forward. If you're too lazy to rebuild the chassis, try swapping the positions of the tanks and the anchors, and attaching your stuff from there like 09's Rimpblade:

Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: June 07, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »
I tried your setup, but the bot now becomes way too low to be able to snipe HS chassises. However, the bigger problem i've found after testing this thing some more is that after just 1 swing its a 90% for it to flip over itself and a 50/50 whether it gets to self right at all, which means that it actually loses to popups since it'll just get everything it has removed while the popup is only at like 50% health. I have no idea how to cure this, but the big culprit is the piston itself, so unless theres a way to balance the bot while still using the piston im afraid ill have to retire this bot.

Offline Pwnator

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: June 07, 2017, 06:17:16 PM »
Wire your srimech to be just either the piston or the burst. That might help. And maybe have the hammer start a bit further back?
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2018, 02:44:21 PM »

Offline Pwnator

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2018, 08:03:00 PM »
Don't know what's going on with the mini wheels. You could just swap them for shinies and you'll be able to upgrade the Z-teks to HPZs.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2018, 09:11:00 PM »
Don't know what's going on with the mini wheels. You could just swap them for shinies and you'll be able to upgrade the Z-teks to HPZs.
Minis are the only ones small enough to tilt the bot enough for it to actually somewhat turn, this bot is more of an experiment anyways

Offline Dreamcast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2018, 08:04:16 PM »
That's really interesting. What is stopping you from using HPZ motors? Do you need all of those casters?

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suede's Stock Showcase
« Reply #250 on: February 01, 2020, 07:15:44 AM »
This is my last stock robot.

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: February 01, 2020, 11:35:03 AM »
"Last" as in "most recent" or last as in "final"?
My DSL Showcase

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2020, 03:29:58 PM »
"Last" as in "most recent" or last as in "final"?
Graze is a part of a family of (downward spinning) vertical flail spinners that'll be my final stock robots, here's the LW of the family

And next week the HW will come....

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2020, 09:12:02 AM »
Hey, that's really nice. Good job.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2020, 08:23:25 PM »
Thanks! I admit I have no clue on how to make splashes or custom paintjobs, so I'm sorry if it looks really basic by your standards

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2020, 09:07:23 PM »
Btw, while making Tap I've figured out how to cure AGOD after it happens. All you gotta do is:

Start a match, press F12 (to turn on wireframe mode), wait a couple seconds, then quit.

It appears that AGOD is caused by memory corruption, where after you save a bot the game would glitch the axles a split second off-screen and cause the game to save the glitched hitboxes instead, by quitting a match in wireframe mode for some reason it forces the game to load the bot correctly the next time you enter a match.

Mind you, even after this fix AGOD might still happen again even if you never touch the bot lab afterwards, but for tournaments this is great
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 10:21:33 PM by Gauche Suede »

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2020, 02:57:43 PM »
While digging through my old stuff in a nostalgia trip, I found a couple of bots that were only half-finished. Thus now, I've finished them properly:

Hyper Karnage: An attempted remake of Super Karnage that I attempted back when Starcore came back proper and was trying to properly finish Starcore v4, it's got 2 blacks.
Claw Barrier: An experiment on the 24-edge HS (there's 8 motors with 3 bear claws each) inspired by Geice's Gridlock, it also got 2 blacks.
Quelle: A VS twist on the concept of Clickbeetle's Sacrifice (https://gametechmods.com/uploads/images/14809heroic.jpg) series, unfortunately for some reason it's terrible at lifting other bots
Aria of The Planets: That one time I tried to jam caster armor on a middleweight HS. It's great vs popups, but just doesn't have the firepower to beat other HSes. Also my first attempt at a custom decal

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2020, 05:56:30 PM »
Btw, while making Tap I've figured out how to cure AGOD after it happens. All you gotta do is:

Start a match, press F12 (to turn on wireframe mode), wait a couple seconds, then quit.

It appears that AGOD is caused by memory corruption, where after you save a bot the game would glitch the axles a split second off-screen and cause the game to save the glitched hitboxes instead, by quitting a match in wireframe mode for some reason it forces the game to load the bot correctly the next time you enter a match.

Mind you, even after this fix AGOD might still happen again even if you never touch the bot lab afterwards, but for tournaments this is great
this doesn't fix agod on any of the bots I've tried. if anything it's more so that quitting the game gets rid of the loaded in bot from the botlab 

also i highly doubt agod is caused by "memory corruption". if that was true, they why do bots react differently to what slot they are loaded in, and why do bots with agod load fine with when pause loaded? shouldn't they still load in with agod if the game is saving their glitched positions in the bot lab?
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2020, 08:07:40 AM »
Thanks! I admit I have no clue on how to make splashes or custom paintjobs, so I'm sorry if it looks really basic by your standards
just throw some ass and titties on there. That's all I ever did.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.