Author Topic: Re: Suede's Stock Showcase  (Read 39317 times)

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suede's Stock Showcase
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2012, 07:45:36 AM »
you could angle the maces at about 45 degrees so it works better inverted, unless it isnt a problem. it would help with popups anyway though
What do you mean? do i rotate the extender holding the mace 45 degrees or rotate the mace 45 degrees?

Offline ty4er

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2012, 07:49:19 AM »
yeah rotate the extenders
DSL Showcase
is this bot don't lost all razors in a fight before do a damage thought

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »
here ya go:

But now there's a problem. The bot usually turns ridiculously slow, but sometimes it turns so fast it havoks. Because of this, during AI testing, when the bot starts moving, it'll usually spin out, exposing it's back, and because it's turning is ridiculously slow, it can't face the opponent.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2012, 11:25:44 AM »
have you tried turning with one wheel ? uveheard that helps turning havoks a bit
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2012, 12:36:26 PM »
But now there's a problem. The bot usually turns ridiculously slow, but sometimes it turns so fast it havoks. Because of this, during AI testing, when the bot starts moving, it'll usually spin out, exposing it's back, and because it's turning is ridiculously slow, it can't face the opponent.

your drive motors are probably too high for the wheels to get any good amount of traction.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2012, 01:08:01 PM »
Yeah, I have a bot EXACTLY like that and it turns super slow.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2012, 09:00:13 PM »

your drive motors are probably too high for the wheels to get any good amount of traction.
But it moves to the front and back just fine....

@090901
I'm sorry, but did you stack the CB in the black in your bot?

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »
I made something like this a couple of years ago that had the same problem. i pretty much guarantee you that if the drive motors are a bit lower or the weapon motors are a bit higher it won't have any problems turning.

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2012, 09:27:54 PM »
This is a very strange anomaly in the game mechanics. This happened a few times with my Snap!Happy series of bots, where they would move forwards and backwards okay, but refuse to turn. The one-wheel-turning thing Mr. AS suggested did work, but what I found more confusing was that Z-Teks and Redbirds wouldn't two-wheel-turn the bot at all, but RAD motors - with less torque - did. Maybe Trovaner or someone could shed some light on this, because so far it has confused the heck out of me.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2012, 09:40:18 PM »
This is a very strange anomaly in the game mechanics. This happened a few times with my Snap!Happy series of bots, where they would move forwards and backwards okay, but refuse to turn. The one-wheel-turning thing Mr. AS suggested did work, but what I found more confusing was that Z-Teks and Redbirds wouldn't two-wheel-turn the bot at all, but RAD motors - with less torque - did. Maybe Trovaner or someone could shed some light on this, because so far it has confused the heck out of me.
yup ive had bots that simply couldnt turn without havoking

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »

@090901
I'm sorry, but did you stack the CB in the black in your bot?
Yeah, but I think I used a different extender setup than you. I wasn't saying anything about it being a klone or anything but just mine had the exact same problem as yours.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »
I've just tried the one-wheel-turning trick, and instead of making the bot turn on it self, it actually turns in circles(like what you will get if you used FBS.py).

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
dp

What i've just noticed though, the ReStocked Revenge never had this problem, even when it has HPz drive.

anyways expect a LW Tick in about 2 hours ;) .

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2012, 01:57:03 AM »
TTTTTTRRRRRIIIIPPPLLLLEEE PPPPOOSSSSSTTT!!!!!

Here's the LW Tick:

247.something , a Nifty, DSA.

Guess the reference, if you got it right, i'll give you a pot of hunny !.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2012, 04:39:29 AM »
Quarto post

Hola?

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2012, 08:42:54 PM »
Quintet post

Here's the new version of Re_Birthday 3:

8 Razors, 3 blacks, obviously DSA.
It has an awesome wedge (on par with Insectoid), but,

HSes CAN MAGICALLY HIT THROUGH THE RAMPLATES AND HIT THE CHASSIS.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2012, 08:53:29 PM »
my geuss is that the heavy HS weapons hit the ramplates, causing them to flex back and reveal the chassis for a fraction of a second

other than that i have no idea why hs's would go right through the defense.....
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
AS is correct. The ramplates are probably mounted too close to the chassis. The impact of a heavy HS, or probably a rammer of some kind will force the ramplates to flex back momentarily, exposing the chassis and allowing the opponent to inflict damage. Simply moving the SnapperII's forwards a little will solve this problem. Very good build aside from that, though. Internals?
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2012, 09:49:32 PM »
is it possible to get the ramplates to stick out a little bit more?

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2012, 09:53:18 PM »
AS is correct. The ramplates are probably mounted too close to the chassis. The impact of a heavy HS, or probably a rammer of some kind will force the ramplates to flex back momentarily, exposing the chassis and allowing the opponent to inflict damage. Simply moving the SnapperII's forwards a little will solve this problem. Very good build aside from that, though. Internals?
I can't move the snapper II more forwards anymore, it's already at max.

Internals: