Author Topic: PixelCrunchRA2's Slightly Cool Stock Showcase!  (Read 5277 times)

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: PixelCrunchRA2's Slightly Cool Stock Showcase!
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2016, 12:26:07 AM »
If you're really concerned about the vulnerability of your wheels, just make your chassis wider and tuck your wheels in that way. It would turn faster while keeping your wheels protected. Alternatively, you can use snowplows to protect your wheels.

But yes, do download some AI packs and see how they're built. It's a quick way to learn the rock-paper-scissors effect between bot types and their optimal setups.
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline PixelCrunchRA2

• HamsterWeight
  • Antweight
  • Rep: -4
  • Battlebots enthusiast since 2003
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2016, 07:00:36 AM »
ONTO THY NEXT BOT.....................Blow Tie! A MW SnS. 2x HP Z-Tek drive, 120 cm Black extenders, 2x Sledgehammers, 9 Pink Batteries, Shiny Hub Wheels (FOLLOWED THE ADVICE FOR INVERTIBILITY WITH SHINY HUB WHEELS.), and Aluminum Armor.

Say what needs to be said, and give me the suggestions I need for my bot! Thanks!  :smile:
*opera* HURDE-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2016, 07:13:30 AM »
needs more drive. at least 3WD HPZ drive for a MW SNS, but you're gonna need a radial design, something built in a circular fashion, instead of a standard box design.

your chassis shape is at the moment random: keep it simple.

Sledgehammers are literally the worst weapon in stock. use maces, irons, razors, or bear claws. ice picks and the lighter axe blades are also usable.

Also don't spam the tiny batteries in stock. They are pretty bad too. The only time you need those is in antweights/beetleweights, and occasionally when you have a bit of space and weight, you can cram one in a heavier weightclass.

Use the Supervolts if you can. You can use a Nifty if you stay 2WD but since you're gonna go 3WD on a MW SnS, stick to a single supervolt.

Also I'd recommend going for a flail SnS (Sit aNd Spinner) approach. Use a vertical pointing free axle to make flails, and then put some racks of weapons on that flail.

Offline Hi5er

• GTM Member Since 2010
  • Middleweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Where creativity meets low expectations.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2016, 07:48:27 AM »
Also I'd recommend going for a flail SnS (Sit aNd Spinner) approach. Use a vertical pointing free axle to make flails, and then put some racks of weapons on that flail.

Does that actually work in stock?

I've had very mixed results...
Tournament History:

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2016, 08:14:51 AM »
The trick is to have the flails spin around really fast - that means either through crazy drive, or a mix of a strong drive and a strong weapon motor. That way, your flails still retain enough energy to whip back out after a strong hit.
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline PixelCrunchRA2

• HamsterWeight
  • Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2016, 02:55:06 PM »
needs more drive. at least 3WD HPZ drive for a MW SNS, but you're gonna need a radial design, something built in a circular fashion, instead of a standard box design.

your chassis shape is at the moment random: keep it simple.

Sledgehammers are literally the worst weapon in stock. use maces, irons, razors, or bear claws. ice picks and the lighter axe blades are also usable.

Also don't spam the tiny batteries in stock. They are pretty bad too. The only time you need those is in antweights/beetleweights, and occasionally when you have a bit of space and weight, you can cram one in a heavier weightclass.

Use the Supervolts if you can. You can use a Nifty if you stay 2WD but since you're gonna go 3WD on a MW SnS, stick to a single supervolt.

My chassis is supposed to look like a bow-tie, and I do not have room for supervolts or nifties. Also, why are sledgehammers bad? And if I use titanium, it will be a HW, and then UnderWeight!

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2016, 03:47:43 PM »
And if I use titanium, it will be a HW, and then UnderWeight!
Why didn't you use DSA?

Offline Joelu Of Eagleland

• Supreme Dorifuto Warrior; Speed Speed Lover, Game's Not Over
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 2
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • Joelu Of Eagleland
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2016, 03:50:16 PM »

In case you are not already aware, DSA stands for Double Strength Aluminium.

(Image taken from the GTPlanet forums (Gran Turismo forums) which I am actually NOT on. I'll join sometime soon, though.)
(You can find me on the Wangan Midnight Expressway forums as well as GTM: http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showuser=10331)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tournament Stats

Entered:

Fight W/L Record: 4-5
Set W/L Record: 1-2

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2016, 03:59:52 PM »

In case you are not already aware, DSA stands for Double Strength Aluminium.
I know about DSA

Offline Hi5er

• GTM Member Since 2010
  • Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2016, 04:29:03 AM »
Pixel, in case you are in fact NOT aware of DSA, it stands for double strength aluminium.

Statistically it is the same weight as regular aluminium but strength wise, it is stronger than steel.

It's a sort of hidden part, to apply it, once you have drawn your chassis and adjusted it's height, click accept or whatever.

Then you should be on the armour/draw chassis tab, DO NOT CLICK ARMOUR. DSA is applied to your bot as standard, just build your bot as normal and never click the armour button and your bot will have DSA.
Tournament History:

Offline PixelCrunchRA2

• HamsterWeight
  • Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2016, 07:04:12 AM »
Pixel, in case you are in fact NOT aware of DSA, it stands for double strength aluminium.

Statistically it is the same weight as regular aluminium but strength wise, it is stronger than steel.

It's a sort of hidden part, to apply it, once you have drawn your chassis and adjusted it's height, click accept or whatever.

Then you should be on the armour/draw chassis tab, DO NOT CLICK ARMOUR. DSA is applied to your bot as standard, just build your bot as normal and never click the armour button and your bot will have DSA.
I know that! But sometimes I forget about DSA, and I remember when it's too late. Also, I got the BBEANS A.I pack.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 03:10:00 PM by PixelCrunchRA2 »

Offline Hi5er

• GTM Member Since 2010
  • Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2016, 03:34:30 AM »
I know that! But sometimes I forget about DSA, and I remember when it's too late. Also, I got the BBEANS A.I pack.

Try and get into the habit of always using DSA when playing in stock. It is the best armour and should always be used as it is also the lightest (feasible option). The only exception is (rarely) using plastic on the low weight classes (Lightweight and below) as it is even lighter than DSA and the low weight limit is more restrictive, but even then, DSA should still be used where you can.

How are you faring against the BBeans pack? Starcore v4 is also a good mix.
Tournament History:

Offline PixelCrunchRA2

• HamsterWeight
  • Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2016, 06:54:11 AM »

Try and get into the habit of always using DSA when playing in stock. It is the best armour and should always be used as it is also the lightest (feasible option). The only exception is (rarely) using plastic on the low weight classes (Lightweight and below) as it is even lighter than DSA and the low weight limit is more restrictive, but even then, DSA should still be used where you can.

How are you faring against the BBeans pack? Starcore v4 is also a good mix.
I'm doing well, but the HWs are hard with other HWs! It's the DSL version FYI.