Author Topic: Paranoia's Stock Showcase  (Read 12413 times)

Offline Paranoia

Re: Paranoia's Stock Showcase
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2013, 12:40:39 PM »
Have you tried doing it with something attached to both of the attachment points ?

You have a point there.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2013, 08:00:59 AM »

In an attempt to take all your critique and to make an effective gut-ripper, I have created Mole. I was attempting to create an effective FS/Gut-Ripping bot which could lift bots onto the wedge and take them out easily and decided to use a Rabid Pitbull-style design. The bot is rather effective against popups and bots which it can outwedge, being able to pin them and slowly damage the enemy with the irons. However it does have some trouble against HS possibly because they are more likely to knock-off the weaponry of the robot and would repel the bot.

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2013, 08:11:14 AM »
Swap the motors around. The drive should be doing the lifting while the weapon motors gently force the opponent up.
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2013, 08:24:00 AM »
those wedges are almost guaranteed to suck with all those motors mounted on those blue snappers.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2013, 08:46:38 AM »
Swap the motors around. The drive should be doing the lifting while the weapon motors gently force the opponent up.

Done, anything else I'd need to do?

those wedges are almost guaranteed to suck with all those motors mounted on those blue snappers.

It still gets the job done, since most MWs don't have a wedge-setup similar to it.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2013, 05:04:33 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

In an attempt to take all your critique and to make an effective gut-ripper, I have created Mole. I was attempting to create an effective FS/Gut-Ripping bot which could lift bots onto the wedge and take them out easily and decided to use a Rabid Pitbull-style design. The bot is rather effective against popups and bots which it can outwedge, being able to pin them and slowly damage the enemy with the irons. However it does have some trouble against HS possibly because they are more likely to knock-off the weaponry of the robot and would repel the bot.
And if you just rebuild the chassis and put the CB on top (no need to stack it with the black) of the black, you'll definitely can get a HPZ.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 05:42:58 AM »

This is Panther King, the Heavyweight brother of Panther. 4WD, about 12 Razors and three DDTs (and some Snappers) to boot.

Also, a question: Should I design an AI pack which gradually gets harder in difficulty as you progress through the teams, to encourage newer-builders to improve their stock skills yet still adhere to more experienced players?

Offline AlexGRFan97

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -7
  • Cheeki Breeki.
    • AlexGRFan97
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2013, 06:13:22 AM »
Yeah, definitely. I was thinking of employing that idea in a scrapped DSL AI Pack, where each team is a "level".

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2013, 06:19:20 AM »
Yeah, definitely. I was thinking of employing that idea in a scrapped DSL AI Pack, where each team is a "level".

Alright, for my pack, I may be grading the teams either by 'Class' from 1 to 5, or by assigning each team to "Local", "Regional", "National", "Continental" or "International".
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:42:17 AM by Paranoia »

Offline Venko

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2013, 03:43:40 PM »
May we see an example from each class?

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2013, 10:26:53 PM »
May we see an example from each class?

I'm going to try and get each team judged in this showcase, though for reference Mole is about a Class III/Class IV, not sure which would suit it more, though from the team its in I believe it may be a low Class IV.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2013, 12:15:08 AM »
Alright, I have two teams done so far, if you can please try and assign them to a class depending on what you think they would suit:

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 07:05:56 PM »
Alright, I have two teams done so far, if you can please try and assign them to a class depending on what you think they would suit:
Judging from the overall quality of the team, i say that both of them are SCv4 low (V3 bots that got into V4 without any changes), which means that this is class 3.

And i think you're job will be easier if you stick to this difficulty standard :
Class 1 - Stock AI/RFS AI
Class 2 - Starcore 1 plus Starcore 2
Class 3 - Starcore 3 + PYS AI
Class 4 - BBEANS AI (except for the middle weights which fall into class 3)
Class 5 - INF AI + Restocked

I may be wrong so can a vet help me ?

Offline Venko

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 07:25:41 PM »
And i think you're job will be easier if you stick to this difficulty standard :

The latest SC4 is lacking in here ^, and the :
Class 6 - Venko's secret bots :trollface
created specifically to oppose all of the above packs, and they do their job pretty well actually.[/boasting :mrgreen: ]

Back on topic. Add the SC4 and the clasification will look OK. As for his bots, more opinions will be needed to classify them more objectively, but *some* people will not be happy with that crawler I supose.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2013, 10:48:15 PM »

The latest SC4 is lacking in here ^, and the :
Class 6 - Venko's secret bots :trollface
created specifically to oppose all of the above packs, and they do their job pretty well actually.[/boasting :mrgreen: ]

Back on topic. Add the SC4 and the clasification will look OK. As for his bots, more opinions will be needed to classify them more objectively, but *some* people will not be happy with that crawler I supose.

I think there may be about 4 Classes instead to make the differences more clear between each class. Class IV will be about ScV3 to ScV4 in terms of difficulty, the crawler has also been replaced by a four-faced FS called the "T112".

For reference, here are the difficulties defined:
Class I - Slightly harder than RFS AI, the bots are weak and should be easy to beat. (No Antweights or Beetleweights at the class)
Class II - Bots are harder, though inefficient and some of the heavyweights are underweight. Use of wedges on bots increases dramatically in this class. (Bots may have good weapons though lack battery, first instances of stacking and hybrids can be found, ie. Balloonicorn, a Hybrid Side/Vertical Hammer on Team Pyro.)
Class III - ScV1 to ScV3 level, bots are now harder and designs found here will be more complex. First instances of the eFFe glitch and popups will be found here.
Class IV - ScV4, Competitive and above, these bots will be the toughest designs in the pack, and some of the most complex. Snapper Loading, and other complex glitches will be found in this class. (An example of a Class IV Bot would be Occupational Hazard/Panther King III, and the soon-to-be constructed Snake-Eyes, which will either be a 36HS or a 24HS with Snowplows.)

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2013, 02:12:11 AM »

Snake Eyes in its current form, essentially it's like every other generic 36HS. DSA, HP-ZTek Drive, four HP-ZTeks for the weapon, ect.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2013, 02:51:24 AM »
Change the Irons to maces.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 05:08:10 AM »
Change the Irons to maces.

Done, anything else?

Offline Venko

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2013, 07:42:21 AM »
I must admit, you are a better builder than I expected. Keep up the good work.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2013, 09:24:11 AM »
Anyone got ideas for what I should do next? The Randomizer isn't doing much good for me.