Author Topic: Paranoia's Stock Showcase  (Read 12453 times)

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Paranoia's Stock Showcase
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2013, 09:34:05 AM »
Sidehammer rammer combo?

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2013, 12:21:37 AM »
Sidehammer rammer combo?

This is the result. Not too happy about some of the empty space, however it still does surprisingly well against most bot-types in SCv4 as it can pin them down and slowly destroy them with the hammers. This is excluding HSes, Crawlers and the Cheap-Norris bot on Team Jabberwocky.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2013, 04:15:21 AM »

An experimental bot, mainly to see the power of the 10WD, which is ridiculously fast. Also, through some math and calculations I've found it is possibly to make a weaponless 14WD if you can have a chassis which is lighter than 36kg, if you can snapper-load both snappers in order to fit extenders on which would hold the other three motors.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2013, 08:43:13 AM »
side hammer looks alright. you should think about putting the drive on a snapper to save weight and so it doesnt look like vise as much.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2013, 08:56:46 AM »
side hammer looks alright. you should think about putting the drive on a snapper to save weight and so it doesnt look like vise as much.

I normally do that for my drive setup, I wanted to avoid it on this bot for whatever reason though.

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2013, 10:55:36 AM »
that sidehammer probably could benefit from longer and wider wedges. also that weapon rack setup on that sidehammer isn't that good with the extenders holding up the upper irons being attached to exposed extenders on the side. you could also get one more iron on it too.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2013, 11:16:40 AM »

Decided to make a Trinity Thwacker. And then I realized that Tusslers 3 never omitted these.

:rage

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2013, 11:19:57 AM »
You don't need a black for this, a nifty would be just fine.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2013, 11:24:22 AM »
You don't need a black for this, a nifty would be just fine.

I don't really know how to stack Control Boards into Nifties, though. This is alongside the fact I don't want to lose the skin it has of a fat-pigeon.

Offline Fracture

• Super Mega Hyper Giga
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 11
  • how about i shove my big dog up your hanky panky
  • Awards GTMCS2 Divison Winner BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 09:56:11 PM »
Also, through some math and calculations I've found it is possibly to make a weaponless 14WD if you can have a chassis which is lighter than 36kg, if you can snapper-load both snappers in order to fit extenders on which would hold the other three motors.
Presenting...

(Image removed from quote.)

797.0, DSA, 2 Blacks, and 16WD HPZ. You can get the most hilarious screenshots of it.

And the wiring?

Spiderbot, spiderbot...

It's on the Bot Exchange because it's such a silly bot. Just keep in mind it almost can't turn...don't feel like finding a way to fix that for obvious reasons. Edit: Nevermind, for some reason it turns much better using 2 wheels instead of 8.
Anyway, I think rammers are all about finding a balance between drive and weapons, and 10WD is really pushing it. Not that you shouldn't rebuild that bot because 10WD is pretty cool for the sake of being 10WD, but most HW rammers have 4WD or 6WD.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2013, 11:06:01 PM »
Also, through some math and calculations I've found it is possibly to make a weaponless 14WD if you can have a chassis which is lighter than 36kg, if you can snapper-load both snappers in order to fit extenders on which would hold the other three motors.
Presenting...

797.0, DSA, 2 Blacks, and 16WD HPZ. You can get the most hilarious screenshots of it.

And the wiring?

Spiderbot, spiderbot...

It's on the Bot Exchange because it's such a silly bot. Just keep in mind it almost can't turn...don't feel like finding a way to fix that for obvious reasons. Edit: Nevermind, for some reason it turns much better using 2 wheels instead of 8.
Anyway, I think rammers are all about finding a balance between drive and weapons, and 10WD is really pushing it. Not that you shouldn't rebuild that bot because 10WD is pretty cool for the sake of being 10WD, but most HW rammers have 4WD or 6WD.

I made my calculations based on three blacks since I don't think two is enough for that many motors.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2013, 07:38:45 AM »
Meanwhile in Vietnam:

Note to self, iPads are a pain to use. I say this because this post was done on an iPad, so was my recent mass wiki-editing spree.

Edit:

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2013, 09:38:53 AM »
Couldn't get the design for the blueprinted bot, so instead I give this:

You could say it's worse than Snake-Eyes, mostly because it likes to wobble a lot.

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2013, 09:47:48 AM »
Why the 40cms for the drive?

But yeah you need to toy around with the setups a little more so you can maximize the weight.
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2013, 09:54:27 AM »
Why the 40cms for the drive?

But yeah you need to toy around with the setups a little more so you can maximize the weight.

It was mounted on the back attachment point, couldn't get the weapon motor and drive to go together on the 20cm, so I had to extend it to a 40cm.

Offline Pwnator

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2013, 08:51:08 PM »
Uhhh snapper load? Building an uber HS is always about minimizing extender work and maximizing damage potential while adding some armor to improve longevity, if available.

So yeah, it can dish out some nice damage now, but its drive is exposed. And I might say the chassis looks a bit too tall, but that's probably my eyes' fault.
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2013, 09:39:09 PM »
Uhhh snapper load? Building an uber HS is always about minimizing extender work and maximizing damage potential while adding some armor to improve longevity, if available.

So yeah, it can dish out some nice damage now, but its drive is exposed. And I might say the chassis looks a bit too tall, but that's probably my eyes' fault.

I tried snapper-loading in order to make it work, but the collision mesh of the weapon motor would always intersect the drive.

Offline Pwnator

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2013, 09:47:45 PM »
Snapper loading IS supposed to get rid of the mesh issues. In this case you have to snapper load it twice - load it out, hover a motor, run any motor to return the extender back and attach the hovered motor, load it out again and attach the second motor. Yeah, it takes some patience as it occasionally loads the extender to the exact location as your hovered motor, but it pays off in the end.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
Snapper loading IS supposed to get rid of the mesh issues. In this case you have to snapper load it twice - load it out, hover a motor, run any motor to return the extender back and attach the hovered motor, load it out again and attach the second motor. Yeah, it takes some patience as it occasionally loads the extender to the exact location as your hovered motor, but it pays off in the end.

Ah, alright. I might try to use that in another setup.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2013, 01:38:42 AM »

Lightweight Popup, not sure what to do with it to be honest. The wedge is great, outwedges nearly every bot in SCv4. where is restocked i must know Though it does suffer from a lack of armor, only has DSA and nothing else.