Author Topic: Paranoia's Stock Showcase  (Read 12433 times)

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Paranoia's Stock Showcase
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 03:32:15 PM »
can you axle load? because you could probably stack the pistons if you axle load the first one. then you could stack the air tanks, and have the chassis be super-narrow. you will get a crap-ton of weight to use.

ramplates are also mostly useless
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »
can you axle load? because you could probably stack the pistons if you axle load the first one. then you could stack the air tanks, and have the chassis be super-narrow. you will get a crap-ton of weight to use.

ramplates are also mostly useless

Was mainly a joke-bot, so I didn't really care about how I distributed my weight to be honest. Thanks for the tip, anyway.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 11:12:42 AM »

Meet Jackrabbit, a rather generic Horizontal Spinner powered by three pinks and is a robot which uses plastic armor. This robot will however be my representative for my possible upcoming tournament known as The Kings - which I am planning to make a King of the Hill tournament.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:21:44 PM by Paranoia »

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 11:33:39 AM »
Not bad, but a couple things could be improved. Foremost, a pink battery isn't nearly enough for this, use a nifty instead. You might want to look into snapper loading as well (Sage made a video of it in the thread "RA2: Tips and Tricks" in the tutorials section) to get you some extra weight.

Ah, alright. I may create an enhanced non-tournament version, however the version of Jackrabbit for The Kings will be staying the same.

Offline Venko

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 01:37:25 PM »
[a general advices]
Dude, you forgot to include/post the info about the bot, along with the pics. Now we have to guess (making it hard to give a proper advices) the bot armour (plastic or DSA ?), the bot weight (what free weight you have left to spend ?), how much stacked batts (2 pinks I supose ?). Make a habbit to yourself to include that info for every bot, cos this is making our job (to give advices) harder.

Do you test enough your bots? Install some hardcore AI pack and test your bots vs this pack, this way you will see your bots flaws and you will get an objectively estimation about the quality of your bots.
[/a general advices]

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 08:24:30 PM »
[a general advices]
Dude, you forgot to include/post the info about the bot, along with the pics. Now we have to guess (making it hard to give a proper advices) the bot armour (plastic or DSA ?), the bot weight (what free weight you have left to spend ?), how much stacked batts (2 pinks I supose ?). Make a habbit to yourself to include that info for every bot, cos this is making our job (to give advices) harder.

Do you test enough your bots? Install some hardcore AI pack and test your bots vs this pack, this way you will see your bots flaws and you will get an objectively estimation about the quality of your bots.
[/a general advices]

I do quality-test my bots against Starcore AI. Also, I've added the information about Jackrabbit's statistics to the post.

Offline Venko

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2013, 12:16:46 PM »
-You forgot to show us the weight.
-Which Starcore, 1 2 3 4a 4b ?
-And what are the results from your testings?
-Always remember to provide the info I mentioned for your future bots.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 06:47:38 AM »

This is Panther, my first showcased popup on this website. The bot went through several designs beforehand, including a single-wedge robot, double-wedged ramp-like robot, and now a robot of which uses a chassis similar to Epic and Neglected Waterbug. The Bot is rather effective at out-wedging robots in its weightclass and those of a higher weightclass (ie. Maelstrom, Inside the Clock, The Troll, ect.) and single-wedge popups. Its speed in combination with its weaponry and wedge-placement also increase its effectiveness in battle, however it is still vulnerable to being outwedged by several bots and it has a lack of protection.

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 08:41:13 AM »
Well done! Splash is cool, albeit a little dark.

You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline NFX

• SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 09:58:21 AM »
I like the looks of that, personally. Outwedging bots that don't have any wedge isn't much of an achievement, but it does seem to be built reasonably well. Perhaps try to get some slightly larger internal shots, so we can see things a bit more clearly. It's pretty well built, though, good work. =)
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 10:41:12 AM »
I like the looks of that, personally. Outwedging bots that don't have any wedge isn't much of an achievement, but it does seem to be built reasonably well. Perhaps try to get some slightly larger internal shots, so we can see things a bit more clearly. It's pretty well built, though, good work. =)

As requested, here are the images.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 11:37:25 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

wait a minute, if the DDT's are the one's powering the weapons, then what motor is holding the wedge ? the snapper II ?

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 11:39:32 AM »

wait a minute, if the DDT's are the one's powering the weapons, then what motor is holding the wedge ? the snapper II ?

The Snapper IIs are holding the wedges, and they basically do nothing.

Offline NFX

• SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »
Yep. Motors holding wedges aren't supposed to do anything, they're just there so you can get underneath your opponent. You should only have them firing if you need them to self-right. As for the weapons, you've got quite an inefficient extender setup holding the razors on. What you might want to do is attach two of them in an L shape to the DDT, so you've got three attachment points facing away from the DDT. You might want to try eFFe glitching the razors on so you can have them facing the same way. Basically fire the weapon before you attach it, so that the component will appear to be floating in space when it is attached. This is very useful in this situation, as well as making things like 36HS. =)
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 11:48:36 AM »
also, for future reference, keep the wedge completely strait and never use extenders to get it off one side or another.  Doing so will significantly worsen the wedge.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »
Yep. Motors holding wedges aren't supposed to do anything, they're just there so you can get underneath your opponent. You should only have them firing if you need them to self-right. As for the weapons, you've got quite an inefficient extender setup holding the razors on. What you might want to do is attach two of them in an L shape to the DDT, so you've got three attachment points facing away from the DDT. You might want to try eFFe glitching the razors on so you can have them facing the same way. Basically fire the weapon before you attach it, so that the component will appear to be floating in space when it is attached. This is very useful in this situation, as well as making things like 36HS. =)

Thanks for the tip. Though there are several problems. First of all, I don't know what to do with the remaining weight on the bot, as I cannot fit two more Razors or do anything that useful. The weapons-system is also set up in that way for it to be able to hit the middle of enemy bots, however with the new design it has trouble hitting smaller bots, particularly small-chassis HS bots.

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
also, for future reference, keep the wedge completely strait and never use extenders to get it off one side or another.  Doing so will significantly worsen the wedge.

Again, thanks. Though I may not be able to keep the wedge straight in this situation as I had to compromise for the limited space available. It nonetheless still does somewhat well against wedged-robots with a two-wedge setup.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 12:25:51 PM »

Thanks for the tip. Though there are several problems. First of all, I don't know what to do with the remaining weight on the bot, as I cannot fit two more Razors or do anything that useful. The weapons-system is also set up in that way for it to be able to hit the middle of enemy bots, however with the new design it has trouble hitting smaller bots, particularly small-chassis HS bots.
make the wedge's 20cm longer ?

And if you can, fully master snapper loading, and you can make things you can't do without it :

(yes i know the bot's sub par, but that's not my point).

Offline Paranoia

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 12:33:17 PM »

And if you can, fully master snapper loading, and you can make things you can't do without it :

I don't exactly see the point in extending my wedge, honestly. Thanks for the tip about Snapper-Loading though, in spite of how the bot itself already has snapper-loading in place.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 12:37:18 PM »

I don't exactly see the point in extending my wedge, honestly. Thanks for the tip about Snapper-Loading though, in spite of how the bot itself already has snapper-loading in place.
Have you tried doing it with something attached to both of the attachment points ?