Robot Arena > Stock Showcases

NickyDustyOwls Stock Showcase featuring SPIKES

(1/3) > >>

NickyDustyOwl:
Been getting bored of DSL, made this (Btw stock is still a bitch to build in, someone add new components) 

Dreamcast:
I'm a bit rusty with stock but here's my take. I'm assuming you used ra2cf, that's not how it was done traditionally so my advice isn't taking the mod into account.

Face spinners are essentially rammers with the ability to chew the underbelly of an opponent. The weapons would be better at gut ripping if they were angled up slightly, and if there was an even numbers of discs spinning inwards. Your casters and slowplows aren't useful in conventinal AI vs. AI fights.

If you remake the robot, you could slim down your chassis and use maybe two black batteries instead of the random grouping you have now.

NickyDustyOwl:

--- Quote from: Dreamcast on September 04, 2019, 02:10:17 PM ---I'm a bit rusty with stock but here's my take. I'm assuming you used ra2cf, that's not how it was done traditionally so my advice isn't taking the mod into account.

Face spinners are essentially rammers with the ability to chew the underbelly of an opponent. The weapons would be better at gut ripping if they were angled up slightly, and if there was an even numbers of discs spinning inwards. Your casters and slowplows aren't useful in conventinal AI vs. AI fights.

If you remake the robot, you could slim down your chassis and use maybe two black batteries instead of the random grouping you have now.

--- End quote ---
Ah Alright, thank you. Still relatively new to Unrealistic Stock

NickyDustyOwl:
Lets try this again. Introducing Atomic

This time I did it the real way and didnt use component freedom. However, I do struggle trying to get to the weight limit. The Ram Plates are attached to Angle connectors because they wouldnt place with normal baseplate anchors. Unfortunately, I guess im not meant for stock. Feedback is much appreciated  ;)

Btw, the supervolt isnt clipping the snapper, its just floating in the air.

Meganerdbomb:
For a heavyweight,  you'll generally want two stacked black batteries. You can use ra2cf to do that if you can't do it normally.  I dont think anyone cares anymore. Try to learn how do do some of the other glitches legit though, like snapper loading. It will help you a lot with understanding what kind of stacking is and isn't allowed, and it will really improve your building. Make the chassis wedge longer so it isn't as steep and you'll be able to get under bots better. Once you stack the black batteries, delete the pinks and swap the snapper motors for the bigger burst motors. You'll need them if you want to hit hard enough to do real damage. Once you learn snapper loading and the Effe glitch, you'll probably be able to get more razors on there too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version