Author Topic: Mattiator's Stock Showcase  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Mattiator

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mattiator's Stock Showcase
« on: March 05, 2017, 03:52:35 AM »
Hi! I've only been RA2-ing for a little while now, but seeing as I've entered a tournament or two, figure it's time to get a showcase set up for all my Stock stuff. We'll start out with a pair of recreated robots from BattleBots!

As seen on YouTube's "BattleBots Reborn", this is a recreation of BattleBots competitor Chrome Fly. Personally, it's a bit too small and the paint work isn't very good, but it moves and fights just like the real thing.

This is a recreation of BattleBots competitor Shrike, as seen in Season 1. Definitely some artistic liberties had to be taken, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the appearance and playstyle of the robot.

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mattiator's Stock Showcase
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 02:16:04 PM »
The first one actually looks pretty cool! Seems like you might enjoy IRL building
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 06:33:03 PM »
Shrike should be longer and have darker drive motors.

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 06:57:56 PM »
Chrome Fly looks neat for a Stock built robot.

Offline Mattiator

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 06:04:54 AM »

Figure I'd populate this a little more with some more replicas. First up is Battlebots competitor Golddigger, who went unbeaten in his run on Battlebots Reborn, much to everyone's (including my own) surprise. The current version used by the show ditches several of the ramplates, which were honestly only there to mimic the real robot's overall toughness. Honestly the hardest part of the build was getting the wheelguards looking right.

Another one of my replicas to go unbeaten on BattleBots Reborn, Omega-13! This is an extremely simple design, but cramming in four wheels, ten spikes, and enough battery power to make it fast was a pain! Absolutely was worth it, seeing how well it performs within the ring. I also sent in Omega-13 with a secondary configuration, as seen during some of its fights, where it swapped three of the spikes for additional armor to better fight spinners. This configuration has yet to be shown or used on BattleBots Reborn: