Author Topic: Jon144's Skunkworks [Stock]  (Read 2625 times)

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
  • Rep: -3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jon144's Skunkworks [Stock]
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 04:38:03 AM »
It has no empty space Very nice
Guess who's back

Offline Jon144

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 06:47:02 PM »
Another project of mine recently... Flashpoint

Wanted to make something replica-esque of tombstone from battlebots. Ended up with this monstrosity...

It's really just a simple horizontal spinner with 27 iron spikes distributed between 3 clockwise spinning z-techs. There's certainly more efficient ways of approaching this design but i'm happy with the finished result.

Even though it was a for fun project it still hits pretty hard since all of its motors spin the same way. (Which makes it a real paint to control!)

Weight: 799.8 lbs
Armor: DSA

Flash2.png

Flash3.png

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 09:58:07 PM »
looks really nice. could probably be optimized with some glitches but unfortunately i'm not a stock expert.
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 01:44:04 AM »
Tips:
Use Shiny Hubs, it's low weight (12kg), and decent size and grip.
What with four Iron Spike on front?
Is Black Stacked?
The Motors for weapon could be inside of the chassis.
Chassis could be improved as well.

sorry, don't know what is my life

Overall, a good bot. you could improve it and make it 36HS.

Learn all the glitch on RA2 as well.
http://beetlebros.gametechmods.com/ra2techs.htm
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:47:46 AM by WenXiangLee »

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2018, 02:01:09 AM »
He never intended his bot to be competitive.
Wanted to make something replica-esque of tombstone from battlebots.

That said, it looks great for what it's supposed to be. You could use 2 20cms instead of a T connector on each side of the weapon housing so the 120 cms are more flush against the chassis.
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline Ra2Winner999

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • guys terraria 1.4 is out
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 07:50:46 AM »
Another project of mine recently... Flashpoint

Wanted to make something replica-esque of tombstone from battlebots. Ended up with this monstrosity...

It's really just a simple horizontal spinner with 27 iron spikes distributed between 3 clockwise spinning z-techs. There's certainly more efficient ways of approaching this design but i'm happy with the finished result.

Even though it was a for fun project it still hits pretty hard since all of its motors spin the same way. (Which makes it a real paint to control!)

Weight: 799.8 lbs
Armor: DSA

[ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]  
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

Finally a (sort of) Tombklone  that works as good as the real thing!
the heavy is dead

Offline Jon144

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 11:39:46 AM »
He never intended his bot to be competitive.
Wanted to make something replica-esque of tombstone from battlebots.

That said, it looks great for what it's supposed to be. You could use 2 20cms instead of a T connector on each side of the weapon housing so the 120 cms are more flush against the chassis.

Exactly! A 36 spinner properly optimized looks hideous to me. Was looking to make something that both looked cool and had a shot at killing a good percentage of other stock bots.
Could have used 2 snappers instead with 2ztechs each with the drive motors attached as well but the end product is really off the mark. A 36 spinner would need counter-rotation to work which doesn't fit the tombstone thing.

At least I double-stacked two nien-volts and tripple stacked iron spikes. Although I did it the inefficient way with 3 extenders because that better fit the aesthetic I was shooting for.

I also tried using extenders instead of the T connectors but couldn't find a way to keep them from colliding with other parts no matter how I rotated them. Also this could have caused the bot to pitch up in the air and high center itself, the T connector's smaller profile allowed the front extenders to sit more plush with the chassis. The angle it sits is pretty important for its ability to knock off wedges in one hit like it did to RPB, hence the giant wheels xD.

Thanks for the love and feedback for a bot that's some sort of hybrid between style and lethality. One day i'll try to make something purely for competition.

Problem is that most people have already discovered the deadliest and efficient ways to build a bot with this game; I like to try making stuff that's still unique which often means not being the most efficient.

P.S Your CAUTION NINE VOLTS thingy says nein volts. In German nein means no. So you have a no volt battery.

First one to discover my meme! (Originally tried "high volt") shrunk down so much, it looks like nein volt at certain angles, which I laughed hysterically at.

German scientists power my robots using experimental zero volt batteries. Its a new design that most people on the forums are going to scramble to replicate.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:12:22 PM by Jon144 »