Author Topic: Jon144's Skunkworks [Stock]  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Jon144

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jon144's Skunkworks [Stock]
« on: June 20, 2018, 01:08:21 PM »
Hello all, I've been a long time lurker and bot builder. I've decided its finally time to share my creations with the public.

Here's a showcase of some of my projects.

Stock 1.4
---------------
Flashpoint:

Stock RA2CF
---------------
Critical Mass:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 12:17:15 PM by Jon144 »

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jon144's Skunkworks
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 01:12:34 PM »
Looks cool and all, but CF is pretty much universally banned in Stock tourneys. That being said, it's still pretty neat, and welcome to the forums.

Offline pokebro14

• Your mother
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Interior crocodile alligator 🤔
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 01:12:46 PM »
Hey welcome to the forum :) Im not much of a stock expert but this looks pretty damm nice
Achievements and tournament placings

Offline Silverfish

• The Hardest Part of Ending is Starting Again
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Welcome to the quiet before the storm hits...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 01:14:03 PM »
It's a really cool looking design, but in terms of stock, I'd recommend not using RA2CF as it's banned in almost every tournament. It would be good if we could see internals for things like batt power. Extenders are also pretty fragile, maybe go with more of a chassis based build instead of an extenderbot? If you really like extenderbots/CF, I'd recommend taking a look at DSL 2.2 (https://gametechmods.com/forums/downloads/?sa=view;down=262) and dragonsteincole's IRL packs (https://gametechmods.com/forums/modifications/irl-components-pack-four-discussion/). Welcome to GTM, hope to see you around!
Tourney stuffs:

"We need a new way to defeat them... Something they haven't seen. Something... no one... has ever seen..."
-Gelorum, Acceleracers: Ignition

Youtube(cuz I can't use the normal link): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8zJZecbrpqiZK2eLnKLAA

Offline Jon144

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 01:24:03 PM »
It's a really cool looking design, but in terms of stock, I'd recommend not using RA2CF as it's banned in almost every tournament. It would be good if we could see internals for things like batt power. Extenders are also pretty fragile, maybe go with more of a chassis based build instead of an extenderbot? If you really like extenderbots/CF, I'd recommend taking a look at DSL 2.2 (https://gametechmods.com/forums/downloads/?sa=view;down=262) and dragonsteincole's IRL packs (https://gametechmods.com/forums/modifications/irl-components-pack-four-discussion/). Welcome to GTM, hope to see you around!
Yep, Its pretty gimmicky as an extenderbot but if any other robot gets around it... game over anyways. Obviously, it was built more for absolute derp factor rather than real competition. RA2CF is an amazing mod, but I wish he made a version that only eliminated the rule of 7; a very unrealistic feature. But being able to stack stuff inside of each-other with so much impunity is silly.

As a matter of fact, it was based off of a 100% stock extenderbot named free shipping.

The obvious difference being 4 unchained Ztechs which still dish out some good damage since they get up to speed faster. Otherwise, it's pretty unstable and gimmicky. At least it's totally stock.
Might need to revisit it too, with some more time I could probably get this weapon setup competitive with a stock design.

free1.png

free2.png

free3.png

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 01:27:04 PM »
I'm not much of a stock guy at all but this looks damn cool, I'd love to see a version of it in DSL IRL

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 03:04:53 PM »
Very nice looking. Reminds me of old AI packs.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 03:23:16 PM »
some great looking stuff for a newbie! looking forward to seeing what you cook up next!

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 04:56:20 PM »
very cool. good chassis management.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Objective: Survive
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 05:45:01 PM »
Hey thats pretty good, welcome to the forums lad  :dance: I cant wait to see what will you make next
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 06:06:42 PM »
Oh hell yeah dude, that's rad

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
  • Rep: -3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 06:07:42 PM »
wow that's a lot of spikes
Guess who's back

Offline Jon144

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jon144's Skunkworks [Stock]
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 12:50:36 AM »
Working more on refining my stock design.
Strontium-90 is the codename given to my new bot. Basically a cleaner continuation of free shipping.
Keeps its 4x Ztech 12 iron spike weapon loadout, the difference being a more efficient use of chassis space/weight and the addition of wedges that happen to be more effective than expected for this sort of design.

I still wouldn't call this a fantastic competitive bot, buts its still vicious against most starcore bots and looks menacing. I'll need to give these extenderbot vertical spinners a rest soon, but ive just started playing with the 1.4 parts again and might have to do another redesign before I call it done. I can make it more efficient yet. I just wanted something that looked nice and had the chance to kill stuff. methinks I succeeded!

(No CF in sight)

vUbZVM9.png

UMSMj8T.png

PJACB3W.png

82On3tk.png

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 01:02:41 AM »
you might want to grab the starcore 4 alpha that's floating around, i'm sure it's in the downloads section somewhere

vs is looking good dude! angle extenders could be swapped with horizontal black extenders

Offline Silverfish

• Super Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 01:13:00 AM »
Basically what badnik says, and man it's good to have another stock builder around here. I really should start building again now that I actually have some competition! Anyway, how are the wedges? And if you're looking for starcore bots to test them on, I believe your best bets are Neglected Waterbug and Insectoid, but if someone wants to correct me on that, be my guest.
Tourney stuffs:

"We need a new way to defeat them... Something they haven't seen. Something... no one... has ever seen..."

Youtube(cuz I can't use the normal link): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8zJZecbrpqiZK2eLnKLAA

Offline Jon144

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 01:45:33 AM »
You're both right, was working with the extenders earlier today and decided it just wasnt worth it for the time being given I might replace a bunch with 140cm rectangular extenders anyways. As a matter of fact this thing can even get under rabid pit bull... If it wasnt for the fact it likes to havok itself against it for some reason, flying out of control as soon as the match starts 2/3 times. Will try to get more vids out once I polish it.

Offline Silverfish

• Super Heavyweight
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 01:50:43 AM »
If it's havoking, have you checked for AGoD? Check and see if the wireframes and the actual models match up in F12 mode. If they don't, the bot has AGoD, which causes havoks. If it has it, replace the offending motor and try it again.
Tourney stuffs:

Offline Jon144

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2018, 10:48:05 AM »
That's the funny thing, it only happens with certain robots. Against most opponents its fine and behaves perfectly stable, but if it faces another opponent with many motors it loses stability as soon as it spins up. Its not a universal thing at all. But I will take a look. It actually seems less of a case in havoking and more-so the motors behave like they have extra torque, flipping the robot as soon as they start spinning. But again, for some reason this only happens against certain opponents. I will take a look at AGoD, thanks.

Edit: I just checked and all of the hitboxes look perfectly fine. It just seems like another silly part of the physics engine. This problem also only happens on certain maps, for instance the robot instantly flips itself on starcore arena, but in the default box arena it sits on the ground perfectly stable.  :really_makes_you_think:

ZdDjfpl.png

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 11:51:09 PM »
Very nice, my man. 4 chained vs must be fun to toss bots around with.

Impressed with your extender and chassis management already. I'm looking forward to your next bots.

Offline Ra2Winner999

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • guys terraria 1.4 is out
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 12:01:46 AM »
You should be proud. Sage likes your stock bots!

P.S Your CAUTION NINE VOLTS thingy says nein volts. In German nein means no. So you have a no volt battery.
the heavy is dead