Author Topic: Inf. - The Rebirth  (Read 32084 times)

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Inf. - The Rebirth
« Reply #220 on: January 17, 2019, 06:36:22 PM »
If you can get extra battery life like Geice's Childs Play clone has, it would be a 10. Cool to see a stock "splash" in 2019.

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2019, 09:06:42 PM »
not sure if my bots being tested and beaten for a splash is a good thing or not

Good to see you back to building dude, looks like ya still got it.  Solid build overall, if a tad generic.  If havok seems to be a big issue, the only thing I can suggest is a vertical snapper setup rather than a horizontal one, cause most of my horizontal setups tend to either AGOD, havok like crazy or both.  Though it might feel like you might have to sacrifice armor to do so, or maybe not depending on if the extender setup I guess.

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2019, 10:19:11 PM »
brooo

still waiting for Revenge of Sage's Beard
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline infiniteinertia

• Rep: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2019, 02:06:47 AM »
dreamcast-
it is pretty much impossible to upgrade the battery in any case here unfortunately without making serious sacrifices, which this bot itself already makes.

red ace-
its definitely no landmark design, but it was just something to prove i could still pack a lot into a tight package, serve as a rebuild for an older bot, and also serve a stepping stone into something larger overall...

... AND what would that be?

I am taking a stance against stacked Horizontal spinners in the stock mode of this game.

That may sound absolutely crazy coming from the father of the 36HS ( ME ,  NOT Sage  ;) :mrgreen: :p ) but it has been something that this game has needed in the stock mode for a long time coming. Bots that use horizontal spinners must follow certain parameters, which I would be glad to expand upon. if people want to hear it...

Because frankly, the unbalanced nature of horizontal spinners i am sure killed a lot of interest for many builders in this game, not to mention the generic identity that stacked & burst/servo enhanced horizontal spinners developed as designs became more and more optimized.

For every healthy game, there needs to be some sort of game balancing, and this may be the first step in a long line of steps that needs to be taken in order to make the stock version of this game both more interesting for people to play and more competitively balanced overall.
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2019, 02:14:55 AM »
i'm very interested in hearing about your parameters for hs balance. i think stock definitely needs something to inject a breath of fresh air into it.

Offline Redalert

• The inventor of Wandering Spinners and invincirammers
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -48
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
  • Discord: RedStorm
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2019, 07:01:33 AM »
For once, I don't feel like the only member building in stock at this time...

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2019, 09:06:33 AM »
hey, welcome back inf.

hope you built more this time.

Offline Redalert

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2019, 12:45:20 PM »
I'd like to see INf. build another famous mace HS. Absolute Chaos is a little outdated.

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: January 18, 2019, 01:24:26 PM »

That may sound absolutely crazy coming from the father of the 36HS ( ME ,  NOT Sage  ;) :mrgreen: :p )
:dead:

Offline infiniteinertia

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2019, 01:53:39 PM »
I'd like to see INf. build another famous mace HS. Absolute Chaos is a little outdated.

someone fetch me the ban-hammer for this FOOL!

anyways here are my ideas on the horizontal spinner limitation parameters:

LWs: No tribar horizontal spinners allowed to have more than 1 weapon per tribar tip, if the weapon motor is snapper/servo loaded. if the weapon system is baseplate/anchor mounted, the bot is exempt from the rule.

MWs: Only one tribar horizontal spinner is allowed to have more than 1 weapon per tribar tip, if the weapon motor is snapper/servo loaded. if running this setup, only one horizontal weapon is permitted. if the weapon system is baseplate/anchor mounted, the bot is exempt from the rule.

HWs: Only two tribar horizontal spinners are allowed to have more than 1 weapon per tribar tip, if the weapon motor is snapper/servo loaded. if running this setup, a maximum of two horizontal weapons are permitted. if the weapon system is baseplate/anchor mounted, the bot is exempt from the rule.

Also--in any weight-class--- "Sit & Spinners" that use a weapon setup that feature horizontal spinners are BANNED. Project Trinity style setups are also BANNED.

this is a very basic starting point, but please let me know your feedback on the matter. i firmly believe such implementations would provide the necessary re-balancing the stock format needs.

#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: January 18, 2019, 01:58:34 PM »

someone fetch me the ban-hammer for this FOOL!

anyways here was my ideas on the HS parameters:

LWs: No tribar horizontal spinners allowed to have more than 1 weapon per tribar tip, if the weapon motor is snapper/servo loaded. if the weapon system is baseplate/anchor mounted, the bot is exempt from the rule.

MWs: Only one tribar horizontal spinner is allowed to have more than 1 weapon per tribar tip, if the weapon motor is snapper/servo loaded. if running this setup, only one horizontal weapon is permitted. if the weapon system is baseplate/anchor mounted, the bot is exempt from the rule.

HWs: Only two tribar horizontal spinners are allowed to have more than 1 weapon per tribar tip, if the weapon motor is snapper/servo loaded. if running this setup, a maximum of two horizontal weapons are permitted. if the weapon system is baseplate/anchor mounted, the bot is exempt from the rule.

this is a very basic starting point, but please let me know your feedback on the matter. i firmly believe such implementations would provide the necessary re-balancing the stock format needs.

SnS bots will rule the world and are even more anti-fun than HS.
When we ban SNS, then popups will return to their former glory, and stock becomes "who has the best wedge" (which is kinda already is if not for HS).
And then stilt bots take over  :evilsmile:
I like this plan

Offline infiniteinertia

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: January 18, 2019, 02:02:50 PM »
I forgot to add SnS parameters in the original post, which have been updated/edited.

and i dont think that it will be a battle of wedges following this, most bots use wedges anyway. I think it will really open up the variety of effective bots you will see in all weight classes.
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Squirrel_Monkey

• Squirrel_Monkeyweight
  • Rep: 7
  • [Insert clever and witty comment here]
    • 0SquirrelMonkey0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: January 18, 2019, 02:38:40 PM »
I don't see how that fixes much. As Sage said, without good HSs the meta just shifts to wedge wars. Popups are so good because they both have a chance against HS and tend to be easier to give a good wedge.

Also the LW rules will just get you a 9HS anyway.
Better than GK since 2009.
I think SM is a pretty cool guy, eh builds unicycle-bots and doesn't afraid of anything

Offline infiniteinertia

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: January 18, 2019, 03:24:02 PM »
i strongly refute the idea that this implementation will lead to wedge wars. ive done plenty of testing over the past few days to say that popups will not have any unfair advantage under these rules. wedges on a bot have always been an advantage as opposed to non wedged bots, so nothing is going to change there.

also, servo/snapper enhanced weapon motors have a great effect on the speed at which the tribars spin. i'm totally fine with a horizontal spinner at the lightweight level with a 9 weapon tribar if the weapon is un-enhanced. its harder for them to take hits and get back up to speed this way.
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: January 18, 2019, 04:55:31 PM »
i think you should host a tourney with the new rules and see how it goes

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: January 19, 2019, 09:33:33 PM »
i will agree with S_M, nerfing HS in the current meta will just make stock a wedge war (SEE : DSL)

or you'll see stupid sh** like heavily armored HS (maybe with casters) as a popup counter

Offline ty4er

« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2019, 05:57:59 AM »
i mean idk i think we've been seeing the most diversity with stock bots in the last while, hs arent the reason why people are losing interest in stock
if you put these rules in itll turn into either popups or specific anti popup gimmicky bots, with another bot type later becoming slightly more prominent than any others at dealing with popups and whatever else is left in the meta, either this or someone cheeses these 'rules' causing them to be changed constantly while others just dont even try anymore
DSL Showcase
is this bot don't lost all razors in a fight before do a damage thought

Offline Redalert

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2019, 06:12:02 AM »
I don't see how that fixes much. As Sage said, without good HSs the meta just shifts to wedge wars. Popups are so good because they both have a chance against HS and tend to be easier to give a good wedge.

Also the LW rules will just get you a 9HS anyway.

Popups are overrated. Again, going on what Sage said- no good HS, it would be wedge wars, and wedge wars are really, really boring.
Bringing in good HS makes fights worth the watch.

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2020, 10:27:08 AM »
jk