Author Topic: FBI's Long-Belated Stock Showcase  (Read 2249 times)

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
FBI's Long-Belated Stock Showcase
« on: December 30, 2017, 05:23:09 AM »
"FBI, have you finally built a bot yet?"
Oh, yes.
I've finally decided to take up the time to build.
Here's PATHETICUS.
I came up with the name since I'm not too confident in it, despite it having a pretty good wedge (able to outwedge most Stock MW popups from recent tourneys).
However, it's hard for the razors to reach the other robot.
Yeah, I'm bad at skinning too, so I did what any regular noob would do.
In case you're wondering, the weight is 384.2 (underweight for a MW, IK) and the armor's aluminum.

Screenshot (73).png
Screenshot (74).png
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: FBI's Long-Belated Stock Showcase
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 05:36:03 AM »
Well, it looks shallow enough. Y connectors are seldom seen today. Try for HPZs, you have got 14kgs available.

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 05:50:18 AM »
Needs some more weapons and for the bursts to be closer together.

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 05:58:43 AM »
Also learn to do this
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/how-to-use-insert-attachment/

while I don't like the image appearing form bottom

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 06:01:04 AM »

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Objective: Survive
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 06:35:37 AM »
Also learn to do this
https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/how-to-use-insert-attachment/

Im pretty sure hes been lurking, those pink ants are a wasted weight, Have you used DSA? by not using the armor tab at all. Not bad for a newbie though
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 06:37:28 AM »
Also learn to do this

Im pretty sure hes been lurking, those pink ants are a wasted weight, Have you used DSA? by not using the armor tab at all. Not bad for a newbie though
Just half an hour ago with help from GTM'ers on Discord I successfully BFE'd Patheticus so that way it can use DSA.
I've gotten rid of the pinks.
The new version is on it's way.

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 10:34:31 AM »
It's a good start. First of all your drive too weak to start with. For a pop-up is not only about having a good wedge, but also having your bot to quickly get under your opponents to gain an advantage before they do, so I recommend that you switch to using High-powered Z-teks for a little more speed for the same amount of power and also to use upon the remaining weight you have left. I also avoid using Y connectors for the weapons since you won't get plenty of weapons on them. What I do is that I use a single 20cm extender for the base and I use the eFFe glitch to add on some side extenders to add some more razors. I also recommend moving your DDTs much close because with your bot's wedge, most bots will just go onto the wedge while most of the weaponry won't do most of its job. I know your tendency of not reading long posts, but this will help if you just read it.

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 02:05:34 PM »
It's a good start. First of all your drive too weak to start with. For a pop-up is not only about having a good wedge, but also having your bot to quickly get under your opponents to gain an advantage before they do, so I recommend that you switch to using High-powered Z-teks for a little more speed for the same amount of power and also to use upon the remaining weight you have left. I also avoid using Y connectors for the weapons since you won't get plenty of weapons on them. What I do is that I use a single 20cm extender for the base and I use the eFFe glitch to add on some side extenders to add some more razors. I also recommend moving your DDTs much close because with your bot's wedge, most bots will just go onto the wedge while most of the weaponry won't do most of its job. I know your tendency of not reading long posts, but this will help if you just read it.
Yeah, I replaced the drive with HPz's because I originally mistook the normal Z-Teks for HPz's.
However, I'm going to use a 140 cm square extender as it weighs the least.
I'm trying to currently make the DDT's as close as possible, and I'll learn the eFFe glitch sometime today.

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »
Yeah, I replaced the drive with HPz's because I originally mistook the normal Z-Teks for HPz's.
I'm trying to currently make the DDT's as close as possible, and I'll learn the eFFe glitch sometime today.
I wouldn't use the 140cm extender if I were you. Sure the 140cm extender weighs alot less than the 20cm, but you're going to find yourself with an overly long pole for a weapon that can be broken off easily from outside the chassis from other weapons and unable to hit other bots effectively since the razor tip will be placed too far away from how I'm thinking about it.

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 02:39:28 PM »
I wouldn't use the 140cm extender if I were you. Sure the 140cm extender weighs alot less than the 20cm, but you're going to find yourself with an overly long pole for a weapon that can be broken off easily from outside the chassis from other weapons and unable to hit other bots effectively since the razor tip will be placed too far away from how I'm thinking about it.
But then again, if I use the 140 cm square extender I have 6kg left in weight to put to good use.

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 08:18:48 PM »
Spent another few hours, here's the new version of Patheticus.
Much better than the previous version IMO.
Weight is 394.9 KG.
IDK why the attachment system is so screwy for me, too.
EDIT: I tested it against some of the Starcore MW popups, it actually managed to outwedge all of them. Still can't outwedge NWB, though.
Screenshot (89).png

Screenshot (87).png

Screenshot (88).png
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:43:29 PM by 090901 »

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 04:57:59 PM »
I updated Patheticus again.
Tested the wedge, managed to outwedge all of the MWs from Starcore (heavily tested the wedge, actually managed to outwedge NWB head-on once, but tried many times afterwards and it never happened again)
Weight is exactly 391 KG.
Screenshot (94).png
Screenshot (95).png

Offline I Like Tacos

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »
The chassis could be smaller. With the weight that will save you can get more razor tips on each burst motor. Right now it looks like you have two per motor, and ideally you want somewhere around 4 each.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 07:37:06 AM »
Please do not use thumbnails, but instead picture links surrounded by IMG tags. here's something to help you : https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/guide-to-making-good-screenshots/

about the bot itself, it could be a bit tighter and could use another black battery, too. though, don't make it too tight : a popup needs to be somewhat wide, big and of the smallest height possible to be stable, resist HS's blows and get under opponents well.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 12:43:13 PM »
Please do not use thumbnails, but instead picture links surrounded by IMG tags. here's something to help you : https://gametechmods.com/forums/tutorials-and-tips/guide-to-making-good-screenshots/

about the bot itself, it could be a bit tighter and could use another black battery, too. though, don't make it too tight : a popup needs to be somewhat wide, big and of the smallest height possible to be stable, resist HS's blows and get under opponents well.
img tags dont work with the attachment system, whats he's gotta do it is follow based wen's guide and insert the attachments:

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 02:50:02 PM »

img tags dont work with the attachment system, whats he's gotta do it is follow based wen's guide and insert the attachments:
(Image removed from quote.)
The bad thing is that I tried following it and for some reason the images don't show up properly.