Author Topic: Clickbeetle's bots  (Read 66528 times)

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« on: October 05, 2005, 07:07:41 PM »
1st post in stock section!! :mrgreen:

Nothing new here, just a collection of my best stock RA2 bots.

Click Beetle, MW Rupt flipper

Deathwatch Larva 3:00, LW vertical spinner

Deathwatch 6:30, MW vertical spinner

Deathwatch Queen 3:00, HW vertical spinner

Drumblebee Larva, MW drum bot

Drumblebee 4, HW drum bot

Emperor 2, LW thwacker

Event Horizon, MW wedge/rammer

Points of No Return, HW wedge/rammer

Mourning Cloak 2, LW popup

Viceroy 2, MW popup

Monarch 2, HW popup

The Ultimate Sacrifice, MW caster-armored popup (pic down at the moment, hopefully will be back up soon)

Thunder Cloud 3, HW full body spinner

Soul Weevil, AW glitch drill bot

Pure WeEvil, BW glitch drill bot

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=546612&T=8556
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 01:57:23 PM »
Even those are BUILT out of stock parts they still aren't PURE stock robots.

Here's the real powning stock robot. If I remember right it can hit around 800 points.

Heavy Duty is really a monster to be a stock robot made out of stock parts. And yes those are real scores and no I haven't manipulated any of the parts in any way. That is for real a purely a stock robot.

Heavy Duty II has only different weapons on it.
I was Da beta tester Da da dada DA, Da. And that felt good.  :mrgreen:

Offline Metal Virus

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 01:51:58 PM »
Quote from: Mr. Weedy
Even those are BUILT out of stock parts they still aren't PURE stock robots.

Explain what makes them not pure stock.  Nothing is used besides what came with the game...
Team Evil Dust Bunnies

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »
Well. For example. http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tus6fo.gif

Can you do that in original RA2 with out tweaking it little bit? No. That is built up at stock parts but that isn't stock RA2 design. That is loophole what there is used, overlapped parts and support wheels what are upside down.

You can't overlap parts without some tweaking. Or at least you can't use those support wheels like that, upside down.

Or can you do like this? http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=db40jz.gif

No.

Well you can. After all but not without knowing a loophole there. You can't overlap parts in RA2 without using loopholes. If overlaping parts like that could be achieved simply placing them so that they would overlap then that would be totally stock but because they can't be place like that originally then that isn't totally stock. That's using loophole, some sort of cheating. Kind of but still isn't.

But that isn't the original idea how the game was meant to work. It was never meant to work like that when there are several motors overlaping each other in very small area.

And anyway what sense there would be if you could fit all you need in 1 cubic millimeter big box and use it as fully working robot?

Offline SpyGuy

• View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 01:00:44 AM »
Point.

Weedy's taking "pure stock" to the extreme of "Can this be built in real life?" Answer: no.  Ain't no way in real life to overlap motors or put one inside another.

On the other hand, because it IS a game, there is ALWAYS going to be some "cheating" involved with the parts.  Consider a simple flipper.  You can build a box and put a motor in it, and use an extender that goes through the sidewall of the chassis to the flipper - in real life, you'd have to cut a slot or some kind of hole for the extender to go through.  A spinner would need to have a slot cut all the way around the edge, or at the very least have a hole on top for the motor shaft to poke through.  Technically, there's already a fair bit of "legal cheating" going on since all of these things are generally accepted as part of the game.

Bottom line is: Pure stock? No.  Game stock? Yes.

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 09:41:35 AM »
Thanks for clearing me.  :D

Offline mean2u

• View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 07:14:01 PM »
Well the holes and stuff can be "painted" on with the decals.

Offline SpyGuy

• View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 09:14:45 PM »
Weedy: no prob, amigo.

Mean2u: yeah, remembered that after I'd posted, but you guys got the point, anyway.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 11:52:10 PM »
I try to avoid excessively stacking parts in my stock RA2 bots.  I like my designs to be as realistic as possible, but still competitive.  Drumblebee for example, could be built in real life.  Not exactly how it's built in the game, but you could get it looking and performing the same.  Perhaps that's why I haven't built many horizontal spinners since joining the forums... too hard to make them realistic and competitive.

Hate to point this out, but if "pure stock" means "can it be built in real life" then Heavy Duty isn't pure stock.  The spinners go through the wheels, an impossibility in real life.

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 05:50:18 AM »
Yeah. Well I think I more meant to say game stock than pure stock but that word didn't come in my mind at that moment.

Offline Dino Venger

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 08:10:15 PM »
Quote from: SpyGuy
Point.

Weedy's taking "pure stock" to the extreme of "Can this be built in real life?" Answer: no.  Ain't no way in real life to overlap motors or put one inside another.

On the other hand, because it IS a game, there is ALWAYS going to be some "cheating" involved with the parts.  Consider a simple flipper.  You can build a box and put a motor in it, and use an extender that goes through the sidewall of the chassis to the flipper - in real life, you'd have to cut a slot or some kind of hole for the extender to go through.  A spinner would need to have a slot cut all the way around the edge, or at the very least have a hole on top for the motor shaft to poke through.  Technically, there's already a fair bit of "legal cheating" going on since all of these things are generally accepted as part of the game.

Bottom line is: Pure stock? No.  Game stock? Yes.

Well, said my friend. but stock is usualy defined as without the use of custom components, and nothing else. I have no idea why Mr. Weedy thought that stock meant relistic, because it doesn't...Those bots can't be made in real life, and as Spyguy over here said, practically everything can't be made in real life with RA2...It's not supposed to be...It's nice to try to make things more realistic, but if you don't, there's no penalty for it.
Those bots are stock, end of story.
HI! I AM a beta tester! :P

ahhh, the magic of Kramer...

Offline Gigafrost

• You'll never know what I'll think of next.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 03:22:11 PM »
Quote from: Clickbeetle
I try to avoid excessively stacking parts in my stock RA2 bots.  I like my designs to be as realistic as possible, but still competitive.  Drumblebee for example, could be built in real life.  Not exactly how it's built in the game, but you could get it looking and performing the same.  Perhaps that's why I haven't built many horizontal spinners since joining the forums... too hard to make them realistic and competitive.

Hate to point this out, but if "pure stock" means "can it be built in real life" then Heavy Duty isn't pure stock.  The spinners go through the wheels, an impossibility in real life.

not really that difficult creating pure stock. its just something that you arent used to. i believe that most "real" bots that can be built fresh from the game are the middle weights and light weights. they dont require many parts like real bots do and therefore can be built. HWs are at least 400 lbs of pure hardware so your chances of creating a good HW that hardly uses stacked parts is pretty slim. but then again, thats when imagination comes into play. i do agree with you and SpyGuy though and once you pass a component or chassis, you've destroyed realism.

Offline pyscolone

• View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 10:17:03 PM »
He bumps makes no point GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ACAMS

Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 10:24:33 PM »
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Next time don't mess the page up with continous LLLLLLL's and !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline cool_e405

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 09:48:37 PM »
um, srry if im getting off topic, but how do u do that stacking thingy?

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 04:46:04 PM »
Quite complex, about stacking motors on bursts, turning...

Go to Beetle bros site, there is a nifty tutorial there. (Link to homepage)

...*Will save VS copyright* oops.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's stock bots
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 05:11:43 PM »
Holey Swiss Cheese, I can't believe I don't have a stock showcase.  Or rather, didn't have one.

I've tried several times since coming back to the forums and starting BBEANS to make a good stock bot, without success.  Those Starcore 4 bots are mean.  Only now have I made one that's any good.

Most of the info is in the pic.  Frag Beetle 2 is good against popups and rammers, reasonable against HS's, and weak against hammers and VS's, except for ones like Alien Queen and Mome Rath.  It's wide enough that it can just rip off those plows without fear of retaliation.

I'm considering Frag Beetle 2 for my entry once BBEANS5 comes around (which will be once more of the ongoing tournaments resolve).  Better hope your bot has strong side armor!

Oh, and those maces are sage's reskinned variety, they have the same stats as stock.

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 05:14:37 PM »
Wow, that is really good.
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 05:33:24 PM »
This should beat my Embodiment of Ruin. Because the side hammers are stronger...

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Clickbeetle's bots
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 05:48:32 PM »
YAY. people use my maces. ((nice bot, too.) you have a little empty space by the snapper2, but i dont see how that can be fixed, considering RA2's chassis limitations.)
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.