Author Topic: Calmarius' stock showcase  (Read 8840 times)

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Calmarius' stock showcase
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 03:11:09 AM »
In general, winning VS AI while driving yourself doesn't mean much, as it's not too hard to outsmart the AI. If your bot was controlled by the AI too I think it would get handled pretty easily =P

I can see that you're changing things around to improve the bot, which is good and it's getting better, but to get competitive at stock you need to learn glitches like the effe glitch and snapper loading. A bpt built without those glitches is not gonna have a good time in stock, for the most part.

Also, most popups have 2 wedges, on on either side, using the blue small wedges rather then emergency wedges, that might be something you want to look into.

Sage made a great thread with video tutorials on all the glitches that you'll need, which is super handy. Click here to view it.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 03:47:22 AM »
If you're having trouble with stacking, use movepixel, it's a tool that moves the cursor 1 pixel at a time so you can literally shift the items around until you get the stack instead of having to rub the mouse for 15 minutes and hope that you get the stack.

Offline Calmarius

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 02:32:48 AM »
If your bot was controlled by the AI too I think it would get handled pretty easily =P

I see that AI stuff are done using Python language, but I'm still in doubt what are possibilities.
Is it possible to access the opponent's position and facing real time? If yes, then perhaps I can take the challenge of making a smart AI that attempts to dodge an flank the opponent.

Offline Silverfish

• The Hardest Part of Ending is Starting Again
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Welcome to the quiet before the storm hits...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2016, 10:51:16 AM »

You probably still won\t be able to win against robots like Mome Rath though, because that bot was specifically made to beat popups.

(of course probably I will never be able to make an AI that can do this again.)

I've done the same thing with Gravitic Reversal IV, and I still find that impressive. (shout out to really old bots)
Also, for an hw popup, you really only need two supervolts. Maybe 3. Even WITH the 4 ddts.
Finally, how many razors at this point?
Tourney stuffs:

"We need a new way to defeat them... Something they haven't seen. Something... no one... has ever seen..."
-Gelorum, Acceleracers: Ignition

Youtube(cuz I can't use the normal link): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ8zJZecbrpqiZK2eLnKLAA

Offline Calmarius

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2016, 07:20:35 PM »
In this iteration I used snappers to fold the wheels into the chassis, this way I could reduce the height.

Also added 2 large wedges instead of the one. The small wedges might be more wedgy but the opponent's wedges hitting me at an unwedged part is a bigger concern... I can avoid this by careful driving but if I AI the bot it probably won't be that careful.

Also it seems 3 supervolts can power 5 DDTs with 10 razors fine.

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2016, 09:14:34 PM »
getting better! i think we all gave our 2cents already, just keep experimenting and posting :)
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline R1885

• Forum shopping list generator.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2016, 10:01:57 PM »
I've powered six active DDTs on three blacks before, so you have just enough power there.

You should make sure the hp zteks have the flat side facing down, that way you can run rubbers on it.

Blue snappers make the worst wedges possible, I'd suggest making weight for snapper 2 wedges.

Also, the design heavily reminds me of Surgical Strike.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 12:57:51 AM »
I know you've sworn to never use glitches but there's a MUCH lighter way to attach the drive which would let you attach some armor on the bot.

Oh, and one more thing, when you're using SnapperII wedges NEVER EVER attach anything to the other attachment point, doing that makes the wedges more than useless and will cost you a tournament which is how Psycolone found about this the hard way.

Offline Calmarius

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 04:17:09 PM »
I made a middleweight (9 razors, 3 DDTs):

And a lightweight version (4 razors, 1 DDT):

of my popup.

The reduced mass limit makes it hard to fit everything into the chassis, also horizontal spinners are a bigger threat now, the only chance against them is a lucky hit that can detach their tribars or spinner motors, otherwise it's not possibe to approach or penetrate their shield of razors (octomini xtreme was the most frustrating experience I ever had this game, perhaps I needed 20-30 attempts just to beat it once. )

One cannot fight scissors with paper.

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 04:35:04 PM »
Good work on space management!  Unfortunately, SnapperIIs (the blue bursts) usually make terrible wedges.  You'll want to try to upgrade to Snapper2s (green and purple). 

How many batteries are in the MW?

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 04:42:18 PM »
nah blue snapper wedges are fine if there's no extra stuff on them, like motors. the lw popup is too slow though and has to be wider and more shallow if you want it to perform better against hses.

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • "Fast and Furious." - Stock Team SPARK
    • UCe_o8LyJBuavehO3pRU5ilg
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 04:49:05 PM »
Good work on space management!  Unfortunately, SnapperIIs (the blue bursts) usually make terrible wedges.  You'll want to try to upgrade to Snapper2s (green and purple). 

SnapperIIs (the blue bursts) usually make terrible wedges.

U ****ing wot
i'm only a finalist in BBEAMS 7 which was a meme tournament and I just stole a NAR AI bot and made it dense as ****.
and Not Bushido was a thing that happened, I beat the #1 seed despite being #bad seed.

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 04:53:44 PM »
as long as it can self-right, the blue snapper is fine.

never seen mw popup that uses 3 DDTs for weapons before, i like it. it does need a longer wedge though, and 1 black is a little on the low side for all the motors. also, making the chassis wedge wider and more shallow would make it better against hs.

U f'ing wot
gtfo
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 05:12:24 PM »
Getting snapper wedges onto a LW usually isn't that big of a concern as there are more HS/rammers to worry about than anything else.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Thrackerzod

• Sparkle up your day!
  • Rep: 10
  • The distant future... the year 2000...
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 05:12:56 PM »
nah blue snapper wedges are fine if there's no extra stuff on them

Really?  I always thought they were terrible.  Well, learn something new every day, I guess.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 05:24:31 PM »

U f'ing wot
gtfo

I want none of this in a new member's showcase ! I'll be watching this thread, so behave.

And DG, please do not argue over RA2 with stock builders that have about five times your experience, thank you.

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • "Fast and Furious." - Stock Team SPARK
    • UCe_o8LyJBuavehO3pRU5ilg
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2016, 05:35:27 PM »

U f'ing wot
gtfo

I want none of this in a new member's showcase ! I'll be watching this thread, so behave.

And DG, please do not argue over RA2 with stock builders that have about five times your experience, thank you.
All I was just saying that I was confused. I wasn't trying to argue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-jdP0ymYKY&t=9m53s
i'm only a finalist in BBEAMS 7 which was a meme tournament and I just stole a NAR AI bot and made it dense as ****.
and Not Bushido was a thing that happened, I beat the #1 seed despite being #bad seed.

Offline Calmarius

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2016, 05:23:37 AM »
it does need a longer wedge though

Perhaps a 20cm longer extender?

and 1 black is a little on the low side for all the motors.

I know. But 3 underpowered DDTs still hit bigger than 2 well powered one it seems.

making the chassis wedge wider and more shallow would make it better against hs.

I wonder how is chassis damage calculated. It seems smaller chassis can handle less punishment. I going to experiment with wider skirt like chassis to see how it works.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2016, 08:02:56 AM »
I wonder how is chassis damage calculated. It seems smaller chassis can handle less punishment. I going to experiment with wider skirt like chassis to see how it works.
Yeah it is, the bigger the surface-area the more HP the bot has, and thus the heavier the bot is

Offline Calmarius

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2016, 06:11:46 AM »
Rebuilt the middleweight one to have a long wide wedge:

It performs much better against spinners.