Author Topic: AntBot's Bots Showcase  (Read 2422 times)

Offline AntBot

• The Creator of RoboDestruction
  • Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • True New Yorker
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: TheAnt755#5575
AntBot's Bots Showcase
« on: August 17, 2018, 01:31:28 PM »
Home of my RA2 bots

Offline AntBot

• Antweight
  • True New Yorker
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: AntBot's Bots Showcase
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 01:36:24 PM »

Sledge-Jammer

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 01:51:25 PM »
Insides?
EDIT: Also just figured out Sledge-Jammer is a replica of another bot on the old BB, it would be better if you posted on our replica thread.
Also looks-wise the top is actually pretty accurate
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline AntBot

• Antweight
  • True New Yorker
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Pulso & Hammerstein
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 03:55:43 PM »
Pulso:

& Hammerstein:

Offline F1Krazy

• Put me on a pedestal and I'll only disappoint you
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Tell me I'm exceptional, I promise to exploit you
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 04:28:50 PM »
Pulso would technically be a cruiserweight (for which the limit is 600kg), but Hammerstein is absurdly underweight. You should either bulk it up to cruiserweight, or shave some weight off and see if you can make it a middleweight instead.

Also, since you seem to be more interested in IRL-style bots than the actual Stock meta, you should check out the DSL total conversion in the Downloads section, which is more suited to those types of robots. (Hope I don't get shouted at for saying that...)
My DSL Showcase

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »
Pulso would technically be a cruiserweight (for which the limit is 600kg), but Hammerstein is absurdly underweight. You should either bulk it up to cruiserweight, or shave some weight off and see if you can make it a middleweight instead.

Also, since you seem to be more interested in IRL-style bots than the actual Stock meta, you should check out the DSL total conversion in the Downloads section, which is more suited to those types of robots. (Hope I don't get shouted at for saying that...)
Have to agree with F1Krazy here. These are the sort of the bots that you would expect for something like Banter Wars or something. Unfortunately most users on GTM often build within the unrealistic meta within stock, instead of IRL styled bots, in which most users use the DSL Total Conversion mod for IRL bot building. If you don't know what I'm talking about: there's a handy guide for building unrealistic stock bots which can be found here: http://beetlebros.gametechmods.com/ra2techs.htm

As for your bots themselves, it would be nice if we can have an internal preview of your bots as well as letting us know about your bot's armour. Just to know if you're using the right components, the right amount of battery power and if you're bot's armour is suitable for the meta.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 12:15:45 PM »
honestly if youre looking for realism i'd just go use dsl. stock's components are too limited to do anything fun with unless you're really good (like thyrus)

if you are interested in pursuing stock competitively, check out this link: http://beetlebros.gametechmods.com/ra2techs.htm

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 12:34:48 PM »
^what he said
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 03:35:08 AM »

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 04:16:12 AM »

honestly if youre looking for realism i'd just go use dsl. stock's components are too limited to do anything fun with unless you're really good (like thyrus)

if you are interested in pursuing stock competitively, check out this link: http://beetlebros.gametechmods.com/ra2techs.htm
Talking about IRL building in DSL, it's also mandatory for you to use DSC's IRL Pack and Serge's RA2CF, just saying

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 05:02:40 AM »

Talking about IRL building in DSL, it's also mandatory for you to use DSC's IRL Pack and Serge's RA2CF, just saying

Its not mandatory, but its highly recommended. They improve customisability and with Racf, make building IRL bots easier. However, Id recommend building without it for a bit as its better to learn without imo.
Things I did & done

Offline AntBot

• Antweight
  • True New Yorker
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 02:36:01 PM »
Under The Weather:

Venom Bite:

Salad Tosser:

Flip 'Em Happy:

Offline AntBot

• Antweight
  • True New Yorker
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 02:37:01 PM »
Honesty, RA2 Stock is easy to do, DSL is kinda difficult to do.

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 03:10:30 PM »
Honesty, RA2 Stock is easy to do, DSL is kinda difficult to do.
Stock is easy to you since you're used to building in Stock. But DSL is only going to be difficult unless you practice. Don't just build one DSL bot then give up and complain about it like a pessimistic person, go back to the mod and have another go!

As for your bot's you've posted: I like your bot's skins, more so with Vemon bite, but you seriously need to build to the weight limit. With the amount of weight left over, you can try and fit on more weaponry, possibly better or more drive motors if you a little more speed. Also, at least provide use with internal shots of your bots and tell us what armour type each bot is armoured with. I can't give a lot of advice for someone who wishes to build Stock IRL, but don't just brush comments/ feedback off. Listen to us, reply if necessary and we can improve your building skills.

Offline superbomb122

• toomuchweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Really nothing special
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: superbomb122 #3549
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 04:12:17 PM »
From someone who does Stock IRL:

Under the Weather is okay, but I suggest either making it a middleweight or doubling up on the weapons to make it a little more effective. Also, protect the extenders/

Venom Bite needs either shorter pole spikes or a weapon without normals on the axe.

Salad Tosser needs protection on the wedge badly.

Flim Em' Happy could easily be a middleweight. Did you put ballasts in the wedge?

Also, are you using DSA Armor?
Phantom- OW4 quarterfinalist and PWS6 runner-up
All Guts, No Glory- CUndisputed Champ obv
Everything else I've made- sh**

Delete your account smh

(Phantom is cool)

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 05:01:33 PM »
If you're going to bot dump, put in a spoiler next time because sweet jesus it took 2 minutes to load for me.
Anyways, judging by outside shots Under the Weather's weapon could be beefed up and Venom Bite's axe looks cool but use something other than pole spikes, my suggestion would be irons. For Salad Tosser it's hard for me to read the text on the splash, also I know you're going for Stock IRL but still it's a bit boxy for me.
Flip 'Em Happy could easily be a middleweight.
I 100% agree with this, also it's EXTREMELY underweight for a HW.
Make sure to post internal shots for your bots next time if you want more precise advice. Also nice job rage-quitting DSL after just one bot.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:19:34 PM by FightingBotInformal »
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline NeonCalypso

• PMD Comics are my fetish
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
  • Objective: Survive
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2018, 08:06:35 PM »
I'm pretty curious though what's robodestruction?

Though please don't give up on DSL for being "too hard" try practicing and improving by gaining feedback by people here, for your bot's I recommend Paint.Net for skinning, and practically spend weight elsewhere on flair, as if all of your bots are really underweight ngl
>not letting me ai my own robot

unironically kill yourself
Stuff I won at

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2018, 05:47:02 AM »
Yeah, DSL is much more versatile on IRL than Stock. Plus, if you want to join tournaments (which you should) then there are pretty much no Stock IRL tournaments other than Banter Wars. As a general rule of thumb, Stock is generally the unrealistic Meta, DSL is generally the Standard or IRL Meta, and Ironforge is the Standard Meta

Also, i also once got overwhelmed by the amount of components on DSL. But by playing it, I learned more and eventually get used to it. Just try building for a tournament or for fun to practice

Edit: Also, you should try this thing called component reskinning. And OBJRA2, as well as extenderbots on DSL

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2018, 05:52:14 AM »
Let the guy build whatever he wants. If he doesn’t enjoy DSL then there’s no reason to keep badgering him to play it instead.

As for the bots, they’re pretty good for stock IRL. They very stock AI like.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline [cringey name goes here]

• Supah Kickah
  • Rep: -4
  • coolest monkey in the jungle 2021
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2018, 06:23:50 AM »
Let the guy build whatever he wants. If he doesn’t enjoy DSL then there’s no reason to keep badgering him to play it instead.

As for the bots, they’re pretty good for stock IRL. They very stock AI like.
This guy can make good things in stock. Imagine what he can do in DSL. There is so much potential here, and we don't want him to give up on the meta because he found it too hard. Good builders have to be willing to build in all metas, even if they have preferences.
please eat something that you're allergic to, in excessive ammounts
:sweat-smile: sadness anxiety insanity and chaos some people choose 1 or 2 me i choose all 4 :sweat-smile:
funniest user 2020