Author Topic: 8bean Doesn't Build Stock  (Read 2105 times)

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
8bean Doesn't Build Stock
« on: February 18, 2019, 09:56:07 PM »
Was gonna find some of the old sh** I made 9 years ago to celebrate RA2's 16th birthday but I forget where the CD went ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so here's some bots that I made for tourneys and never did anything with

staticwej.png

Yea, its got a static wedge so it isn't gonna get under anything. I tried fitting a burst in somewhere but every time it either went overweight or just didn't work right

sponsorshark.png

Now this thing really sucks. There's too much chassis space, razors and axes combined, and 3 stacked pinks don't power it the whole time (I don't think?). Was probably slapped together for asbestossars tourney that never happened
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline Dreamcast

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 8bean Doesn't Build Stock
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 10:38:54 PM »
The chassis is super tight on your "static wedge" I'll give you that much. You don't need HPZs for the weapons. Since it's a juggler, even reverse angle motors can do fine. With the extra weight, you can invest in enough chassis space for a green snapper.

Batteries in Stock don't "run out" as they do in DSL, and rammers don't need a lot of power because the early charges dictate the match. You can get invertibility with lighter weight shiny hubs via a shorter chassis, just play with the slider for a bit.

Offline J

• I don’t give a dimmadamn
  • Rep: 4
  • I sexually identify as a tall hat
    • I don’t care
    • I don’t care
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: I don’t care
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 10:57:32 PM »
Bruh, save these for BOTM. It’s what all the pros did

Offline 8bean

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 06:19:25 PM »
Was gonna find some of the old sh** I made 9 years ago to celebrate RA2's 16th birthday but I forget where the CD went ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well I found the CD. Decided it would be cool if I took these old sh**ty designs and gave them some modern splashes.

pick.png

First up is pick. I think this was my first robot ever but I can't remember exactly. Too many batts, too little weaponry, and nothing much else.

sgntstab.png

Next is Sgnt. Stab. If pick wasn't the first bot then this one was. I think I built this after watching this video but instead of razors put spikes and picks on for some reason.

daboss.png

Da BOSS is something I made after getting dunked on by coal miner one too many times. It has a face spinner on the back and even more axes because why not.

flipflop.png

Flip Flop was initially a poker but for some reason i thought adding a disc was a good idea. Also maces cuz they are the coolest (just like lava.bmp)  :dance:

deathstar.png

Finally, Death Star. I remember this being the ultimate robot except for when emergency was an asshole and flipped it.

So yeah these are the first few robots I ever made from sometime around 2008. Ive got a a sh**load more but these were the only ones I really remember. I also remember making a really sh**ty Tazbot around this time but it was so bad that even me back then deleted it.

Offline 8bean

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 06:51:31 PM »

deadmetalstock.png

bot for nicky's irl rep battle

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 02:53:50 PM »
that's really nice. good functionality too.

now make it without ro7b :)
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline 8bean

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 01:54:56 AM »
now make it without ro7b :)
the body might be doable but to get the head to move with the saw that would be near impossible