Author Topic: 70 Hemi Cuda's showcase  (Read 4021 times)

Offline 70 CUDA

• Rep: 2
  • Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« on: April 19, 2008, 05:59:41 PM »
ok the forums are done so im posting here. this is RAM 2.1. plistic 2 batts 4 HP ztecks with dubole spikes. what can be made better. and how do i stop the glitch that messes up the drive motors and puts 1 of them 90deg off from the other?
Holy crap they do exist!!!! :Rob2

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 06:07:16 PM »
Looks mean, nice tight chassis, but you miss a wedge on a snapper. Or perhaps you have already one but we can"t see it?

You mean the glitch that the drive motors are pretty unstable when mounted on burst motors, and they bounce too much? Well its normal. If you want to stack your driving train like that, I'll recommend servos. Way stabler. But it looks like Scrap Daddy put 10 HP ztek wheel drive on two snapper II's...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 06:12:11 PM by Naryar »

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »
ok thank and no i dont have a wdge in this ver but ill be putting one on the ram 2.2. lol i was just looking at your showcase.

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 05:57:25 AM »

im starting to make some drum ans VS bots since iv biult maby 2 of them. its based on drumblebee HW from psyclone AI pack.

Offline Scrap Daddy

70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 03:02:22 PM »
One thing you could do is get rid of the Buzzard wheel and use shiny hubs and upgrade the drive to HP Zteks.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 03:14:46 PM »
I agree with SD.

By the way, this is not really a drum. It's just a multiple HS.

Not bad at all for a middleweight.

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 03:21:24 PM »
i know it started out as a drum but the wight was 496 at the end. ill see if i can make the changes you guys said. at least 2 new bots will be posted today.

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 04:18:51 PM »
ok heres a new HW VS. im new at these so keep that in mind. it seems to do ok but itsat its best from the front corners of it. i made wide cause the first ver was a tight frame and it flipped every time i turned so i widened it and sprad out the wight. IDK if that dose anything in this game but im a mechcanical type of guy and it made sense to me.lol
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 04:21:45 PM by 70 CUDA »

Offline Scrap Daddy

70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 05:26:09 PM »
The reason for the tipping over is gyroscopic force. Turning too quickly with the spinners spinning will make it flip over. Thats why you should try and balance it out some.

Take out maybe 2 of the iron spikes from each side of the disks then attach some snoplows or something to stabalize it. You might want to stack the black too to save some weight to use for other things.

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 05:30:17 PM »
ok thanks for the input man. i will take all the side spikes off and stack the batts to make room for a snapper2 and a plow on the front.

Offline Scrap Daddy

70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 05:33:02 PM »
You dont necessicary need to put another snapper in the bot. Just attach the snowplows or whatever using the side attachment points of the extenders that hold the wedges on.

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 05:37:30 PM »
oh ok thaks and im gonna make a complex spinner bot any suggestions on how to go about this?

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 05:40:46 PM »
Not bad, a little plating in front of the spinner is always welcome. And there's some right here.

The VS are unstable, this is their main problem. The other one is that the strike zone is fairly narrow.

Otherwise they're great, my favourite design, they can rip your enemy's guts, striking at a vulnerable bottom (generally, but caster armor is another thing), taking of their traction, so as long as you are under you enemy and spinning at his bottom he cannot do a lot of things to you. Also they are vulnerable to horizontal spinners, at least in real life (Nightmare VS Warhead, or Nightmare VS SoW). But this can be solved pretty easily: just some well placed front ramplates and you got a much better chance of winning versus a HS.

The discs look too heavy to be put on a snapper II to me. I will suggest getting off the eight perpendicular spikes directly attacjed to the disc, and make a V shaped front defense by using two horizontal ground scraping ramplates, see before.

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 05:44:18 PM »
good idea ill work on it but i made that complex spinner but WOW it loves to gryo oppisite the HS tribar how do i fix that short of putting anthore HS?

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 05:57:47 PM »
Well, I'm not a fan of complex spinners. WAY TOO much havok. And it lags badly.

Perhaps make the principal spinner rotating in one way, and the secondaries in the opposite way for reducing the gyro forces. This could help but im not really sure.

Or you can make two main HS (attached to your baseplate (rotating in two different ways). They have the same problems on helicopter, you know !

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »
ya i thought about. lol thanks for the help man.

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 06:55:02 PM »
ok its not a complex persay but its not bad. i cant get the VS to stop bouncing though witch is why its not done yet.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 06:51:19 AM »
A hybrid, heh ? Good idea. Reminds me of ACAMS's spinners.

Oh, I understood, the two front spinners feed the enemy bot to the VS. Yes the vs bounces, it's natural if you put it on burst motors. normally it's more stable on servos. if you want to keep the DDT add front wedges and perhaps stabilizers on the sides. Or just heighten a little the vs.  Looks like a cool offensive combo. I wonder if it works well ?

Nice design, although try not to use angled connectors, it's weight lost and with a little practice you can generally just use round extenders. You could use a snapper II for the drive stacking. Or it's perhaps too unstable.

And the two front ends of the T chassis are too long. perhaps the rear end too, although way less.

I'm pretty sure you could save at least 30 kg on this one.

Offline 70 CUDA

• Epic skulls= Epic win
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 07:49:17 AM »
ok thanks. you were right on the unstable drive train and thory of the bot. it work ok but it just bounces WAY to much to work great. ill put them on a servo and see if that helps.

Offline Scrap Daddy

70 Hemi Cuda's showcase
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 04:30:41 PM »
Pretty good. I dont really know how its put together but doesnt look bad.

I would have had an amazing vs if it werent for the boucing thing. Its terribly unstable although its should be stable if the god damned spinners wouldnt hop