Poll

In favour of these changes?

Yes.
13 (81.3%)
No.
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: The Tournament Section - Possible Improvements.  (Read 918 times)

Offline Hoppin

• I save GTM
  • Rep: 10
  • -rep TheRoboteer. "queermint"
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Hoppin#0013
The Tournament Section - Possible Improvements.
« on: July 14, 2018, 11:26:04 AM »
Hello again, Like the challenge board we came up with some ideas for the tournament section and possible ways to streamline the system. Again, these where discussed in the Orc's Wars discord and the GTM one a tad later. Now it's here to allow those who haven't seen it to provide some imput.

Tourney section idea:

Rule discussion etc - Like it's current status, this is for refining rules and making changes before heading into signups
Ongoing Tournies - This is for ongoing tournies, this includes signups with the SBV's. This seems to be a rather effective way of doing things as shown by Orc's Wars and Destruction Evolution.
Close Entry Tournies - For tournies that contain pre-determined entries. However, these could be relegated to off-topic maybe, as they're pretty rare and usually gain little traction.

Similar to the old system, but possibly more efficient, and more clearer on naming

After sharing the idea with the GTM discord, Philippa inquired about whether it would be a single thread that moved across each section or one post per thread pertaining to each subject, these are both possible, in my own opinion, the former would seem a lot more streamlined, but can result in majorly lengthy threads that could be avoided with the later.

Another point made, was awards and incentives, awards are currently something we are looking into, but we don't think it's enough, even with the Mega Host title. We're open to suggestions, maybe enabling common hosts into the Advanced user rank might be a way to doing it, but we'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

I want to be able to remove stress of hosting 'official' tournies, whilst giving players a reason to make 'official' tournies over the current personal tournies. Thank you all for reading, it really does mean a lot.
Things I did & done

Offline TheOrcCorp

• I push buttons and hope GTM doesn't explode.
  • Rep: 20
  • A mean, green, small brained machine!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Tournament Section - Possible Improvements.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 01:40:59 PM »
This sounds relatively fine to me, it would help if those who voted "no" actually explained why they weren't a fan to help the mod/admin team out!
GTM 2017 Awards - Most Unique Bots (shared with DSC) and Most Enthusiastic Member!
GTM 2018 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest/Most Unique Bots/Best Tournament 2018/Best Tournament by Editing/Best Tournament by Matches!
GTM 2019 Awards - Friendliest and Kindest(how)/Favourite Staff Member/Hall of Fame Inductee