Author Topic: Spambot are annoying  (Read 1219 times)

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
Spambot are annoying
« on: February 04, 2018, 12:15:22 AM »
So Spambot, is the most annoying thing I ever get, I keep on reporting to moderater and they come back with another name.

They are often posting a spam site, gambling site and other.

They are annoying, maybe put a ReCapha on this website? It will stop spambot.

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Spambot are annoying
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 03:43:43 AM »
It's rather the question of who or what keeps putting spambots onto the site? Anyone can just decided to put a spam bot on the site even if they are an user or not. Most of the time mainly with registered users, they just use proxies to avoid having to put themselves at risk of being perm-banned and even with non-members, they just decided just to spam up the site for unknown reason. Even with banning the spambots, they just keep coming back because the puppet master behind them thinks that it's a good idea to spam the site up.

Online apanx

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 03:43:14 PM »
So Spambot, is the most annoying thing I ever get, I keep on reporting to moderater and they come back with another name.

We have reCaptcha for member registration, it doesn't stop all spambots.

It's rather the question of who or what keeps putting spambots onto the site? Anyone can just decided to put a spam bot on the site even if they are an user or not. Most of the time mainly with registered users, they just use proxies to avoid having to put themselves at risk of being perm-banned and even with non-members, they just decided just to spam up the site for unknown reason. Even with banning the spambots, they just keep coming back because the puppet master behind them thinks that it's a good idea to spam the site up.

Money dear boy.
Spamming is more or less free, cuz AI and bots and stuff, and if one sucker buys whatever they're selling, it is worth it.

Offline Asbestosstar

• Most Bizzare of 2017. Also2nd Best new host of 2017
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -4
    • Asbestosstar Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Asbestosstar.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »
bavck when i hhad a forum lots came from google services. and i know this site has analytics.

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 02:16:56 AM »

We have reCaptcha for member registration, it doesn't stop all spambots.

oof

So I find out the reCaptcha use cookie, when you pass the reCaptcha, and then delete the cookie, you had to pass the reCaptcha again.

Quote from: Taken form Shield Square
After solving the reCAPTCHA image for the first time, it does not require you to solve an image when you visit again. But, once you delete your cookies, and try again … there! Back to square one, you are required to solve the image to succeed the form submission. Google has simply used cookies to retain information about your authenticity.

What does this mean for bots? Now bots can use an OCR tool to solve the information or require somebody to solve the image initially, post which, the bot can retain the cookies and continue scraping!

so reCaptcha is now useless againest spambot, the best way to stop spambot is banning spambot and when they come back ban hammer on it again.