Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: rep
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2016, 01:40:12 PM »
The whole point of this thread has seemed to point out outstanding problems with how the rep system is being executed, something which can be easily monitored and something which is being dealt with right now, as seen with Trov's clean up of the karma history. Every problem with the rep system that has been put forward I have either tried to refute or I believe it's a minor detail not worth worrying about. I know people have put forward problems with the system but they haven't convinced me enough to want the system to be abolished, too.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2016, 01:56:27 PM »
tbh nothing has been said so far to warrant keeping it.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2016, 02:05:51 PM »
tbh nothing has been said so far to warrant keeping it.
You can say the same about removing it.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2016, 02:11:23 PM »
Both sides have no strong argument because it's so insignificant. As goose said, it was implemented to reward helpful and nice members and help new members know who they can trust. All I can say is that it is doing it's job fairly well because, as I've said before, it's pretty much just a pat on the back for nice members. It doesn't matter what people have been doing with the rep system that matters, because those people that have previously abused the system can be dealt with. It also doesn't matter that there is room for more people to abuse the system because it's restricted to AU's and up. As long as newly appointed AU's and up are reviewed by moderators as to whether or not they may abuse the system, it'll be fine.

Offline Squirrel_Monkey

• Squirrel_Monkeyweight
  • Rep: 7
  • [Insert clever and witty comment here]
    • 0SquirrelMonkey0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2016, 02:13:39 PM »
My favourite system that I have encountered combines by-post ratings with overall stats.
Each post can be voted as "Informative", "I agree", "Funny", "Disagree" and "Off-Topic/Pointless".
Then on your profile your totals are displayed.

The main problem I see with our system is we don't have a consensus as to what a +/- rep should be for. SOme people give rep for useful advice or cool stuff they've done. Others give it for funny posts etc...
Having multiple options allows different forms of "good points" to be distinguished.
Better than GK since 2009.
I think SM is a pretty cool guy, eh builds unicycle-bots and doesn't afraid of anything

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
What do we do then?
Everything was better back in the day when there was no reputation.

My other suggestion is that everyone is able to rep.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2016, 03:17:33 PM »
I don't see a good reason to restrict it to coloured usernames only.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »
Those deemed reputable (via coloured names) are the ones who decided who else is reputable. That sounds good to me. I think that allowing more people to use the rep system allows more opportunity for some people to abuse the system. For example, when deciding whether someone should be an AU or Vet, the mods can decide then and there whether or not that member is suited to have rep powers. If it's a matter of, you can rep anyone as long as you have a certain amount of rep, that means mods have to actively keep an eye out for those that can rep and, if they abuse the system, the mods must act on it after the fact, when they could have debated it or prevented it from happening if it were simply AU's and above only being able to rep.

Offline Merrick

• Half-decent IRL designs and terrible antweights.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2016, 04:36:52 PM »
So does this mean that you guys are counting 'complaining about rep' as an actual reason to downrep someone?

Lookin' at you, Frenchie.

Offline The Red Blur

• The real Jeff
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Jesus, climbed up to -11 rep
    • not yet, m80 ;)
    • View Profile
    • completely uninteresting website.com
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2016, 05:25:19 PM »
Don't worry. I received one of those on a post where I didn't even MENTION rep once. No idea if that's deleted, though.

EDIT: That one's deleted. Although, two are labelled 'spam' on completely random posts that aren't spam. Oh, well. I lost rep just for using a meme in a meme thread (looking at you Illuminaryar), so...

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2016, 05:26:41 PM »
So does this mean that you guys are counting 'complaining about rep' as an actual reason to downrep someone?

It always has been a reason.

Offline The Red Blur

• The real Jeff
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Jesus, climbed up to -11 rep
    • not yet, m80 ;)
    • View Profile
    • completely uninteresting website.com
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2016, 05:30:41 PM »

Yes, but you're downrepping for someone complaining about rep in a thread about rep. Don't you think that's, oh I don't know, total BS?

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2016, 07:08:12 PM »

What do we do then?
make me au :^^^^^^)

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2016, 03:42:02 AM »

Yes, but you're downrepping for someone complaining about rep in a thread about rep. Don't you think that's, oh I don't know, total BS?

You misunderstand. "complaining about rep" as a repdown is complaining about your own rep going down, not arguing against the rep system.

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2016, 09:10:05 AM »
Now that I've gotten some sleep, allow me to explain myself.

The poll was a wash so I decided to clean it up rather than delete the whole thing. If you got positive or negative rep for reasons that didn't make sense or no reason at all, those records were removed. If the person who applied the rep wanted it to be kept, they should have used a reason that followed the rules. The members who made the biggest mess have had their rep powers removed. I could have saved some time by wiping the whole system clean but I thought it was important for me to get a list of the culprits (not just the people that had their rep powers removed).

After removing all of the blatant trash, the list looks better and I plan to keep it this way. When I get the chance, I'll look into solutions as opposed to band-aids but, in the meantime, stop making a joke of things.
>stays up all night deleting reps
>rep is still meaningless
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2016, 10:57:17 AM »

The poll was a wash so I decided to clean it up rather than delete the whole thing. If you got positive or negative rep for reasons that didn't make sense or no reason at all, those records were removed. If the person who applied the rep wanted it to be kept, they should have used a reason that followed the rules. The members who made the biggest mess have had their rep powers removed. I could have saved some time by wiping the whole system clean but I thought it was important for me to get a list of the culprits (not just the people that had their rep powers removed).

After removing all of the blatant trash, the list looks better and I plan to keep it this way. When I get the chance, I'll look into solutions as opposed to band-aids but, in the meantime, stop making a joke of things.
>literally everything you do on this forum is meaningless
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2016, 11:39:08 AM »

>everything you do in life has no meaning
>life is meaningless
>there is no purpose
>in the infinite timeline of the universe, your lifespan is insignificantly small
>an extra 40 years doesn't make a difference to the eons that you will miss, and there is literally nothing you can do about it
>may as well kys

Offline Joelu Of Eagleland

• Supreme Dorifuto Warrior; Speed Speed Lover, Game's Not Over
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 2
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • Joelu Of Eagleland
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2016, 12:22:29 PM »
>life is meaningless
>there is no purpose
>in the infinite timeline of the universe, your lifespan is insignificantly small
>an extra 40 years doesn't make a difference to the eons that you will miss, and there is literally nothing you can do about it
>may as well kys
Who? Trov, MNB or Avalanche?

(Image taken from the GTPlanet forums (Gran Turismo forums) which I am actually NOT on. I'll join sometime soon, though.)
(You can find me on the Wangan Midnight Expressway forums as well as GTM: http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showuser=10331)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tournament Stats

Entered:

Fight W/L Record: 4-5
Set W/L Record: 1-2

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2016, 12:38:55 PM »
>life is meaningless
>there is no purpose
>may as well kys
Who? Trov, MNB or Avalanche?
really there's no reason anyone shouldn't tbh

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2016, 01:09:35 PM »

rekt