Author Topic: Warning System going forward  (Read 2098 times)

Offline kill343gs

Warning System going forward
« on: October 18, 2017, 07:55:48 PM »
The warning system is being simplified. The rules themselves will stand as they are currently written. Naryar's system was fine on paper but in actual use was more complicated than needed for a forum of this size.

The majority of you know how you're supposed to behave. For those moments where you have lapses in judgement, forum staff will be given the benefit of the doubt to handle the situation as they see fit. We have logs of all actions taken by both moderator and administrative staff, and will be able to review any course of action that seems unfair. I have the utmost trust in the folks that volunteer their time to help staff this forum, and as such I am willing to give them that leeway until I am given a reason to take it away.

If you feel as though you are/were unjustly treated, please contact a member of the staff other than the person who handled your situation so that it can be brought to our attention collectively.

In the meantime, I would like to note the fact that the attitude of our community has turned sour recently, to the point where other segments of the greater robot combat community have taken notice. The game that brought all of you here in the first place is almost 15 years old now, older than some of our members. There is absolutely no reason to be treating your peers like garbage, because there aren't that many of them left. More than anything now, we are policing attitudes. Keep that in mind.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Asbestosstar

• Most Bizzare of 2017. Also2nd Best new host of 2017
  • Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -4
    • Asbestosstar Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Asbestosstar.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Warning System going forward
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:01:50 PM »
 :bigsmile: :laughing :smile: :claping

Yeah!!!!

This is awsome.

Offline qwertythe300th

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • /r/Battlebots Moderator, and well thats about it.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 08:27:45 PM »
Sour community has always been a problem here. It was a problem when I was new and got attacked by all ends, and I still see it today, to the point that like you said other communities have noticed. Ive seen a few other people on various Robot Combat communities such as the subreddit I help mod about people avoiding here because of how hateful GTM can be. Im glad to see you guys in charge here are keeping up the good work, hopefully we can all improve GTM to be a better place, It was the 1st Robot community I ever joined, so I want to see it last as long as possible  :smile:
Lone Star Domination.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 08:59:13 PM »
thanks kill you're the best

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 01:25:31 AM »
thanks killer343gs

Offline doot

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 02:51:13 AM »
I can definitely say that this will really be a welcome change. Thanks, Kill. :D

Offline Dark-Al

• That guy who makes long posts.
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • That's not how you build a Hydraulic crusher mate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 02:54:00 AM »
With the new warning system in place, this will particularly help some more newer members to adjust into the forum and hopefully be treated less like dirt by some older, less-patience members. So, thank you Kill.