Author Topic: Question about Posting  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Kossokei

• Mr. Kurtsokei
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • You better believe it.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ...is more dangerous...
Question about Posting
« on: February 04, 2013, 05:39:25 PM »
So there's this thing I wanna do, it's basically like telling a story while using bots from RA2 + screenshots and all that good stuff, like I'll have two or more bots fight (with or without a Human-controlled bot) and I'll take screenshots of cool moments and write like epic things about it. For example, say I have Mud Runner and Emergency fight. Mud Runner gets flipped really high into the air by Emergency, I screenshot and I let the fight continue (I'll have do the same fight over 9000 times for good screenshots but it's worth it).
Now I have plenty of screenshots, and I'm ready to write. Yeah, Mud Runner walked into the arena like that, and then Emergency did this, and then that happened, and then Mud Runner beat Emergency, and yeah! So I fit the words around the screenshots and add a little cilantro and you've got a story with pictures.

It won't be anything entirely important and I don't mind if you don't read it or take a look at it but I wanna do it just for the heck of it.

Now here's my problem. I don't know what part of the forum I should put this thing, so I've narrowed down the sections to a few possibilites (and an "are you joking?" section)

-Robot Arena 2 -> General Discussion: Makes sense, it's just general discussion and stuff about RA2 and should fit perfectly, but something's off.
-Robot Arena 2 -> DSL TC Showcase -> (my) showcase: Again, makes sense and some of them would be my bots, but not all of them would be and it wouldn't fit the showcase spirit.
Off Topic -> Fantasy Robot Games: I just thought of this one because of the Fantasy/RP bot tournaments and this would sort of be similar to that. Probably the best one.

And the "no just no" one...
Junkyard -> Playground: yeah I'd rather not have my work splattered with spam and flame and crap. TRiaS tried to work on a creepypasta in playground and it got pooped all over, and I don't want to meet that same fate.

So, where could I put this?

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Trovaner

• Rep: 32
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Question about Posting
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »
General discussion is fine. It is actual material from RA2 and it is more about showcasing the story than the bots.

Offline Kossokei

• Mr. Kurtsokei
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • You better believe it.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ...is more dangerous...
Re: Question about Posting
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 06:24:43 PM »
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php/topic,51.1470.html
Was originally gonna put it there but I gave it more thought and it would *sort of* be off topic, and I really don't wanna confine it to one thread.
General discussion is fine. It is actual material from RA2 and it is more about showcasing the story than the bots.
Well, that makes sense. Part of the reason why I was debating about putting it in there was because I wasn't entirely sure what 'general discussion' included and excluded. Thanks  :mrgreen: