Author Topic: New Category For Bot Exchange?  (Read 1855 times)

Offline CycloneSpartan

• King of the Robots
  • Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Category For Bot Exchange?
« on: July 19, 2018, 02:56:38 PM »
Hi all,

Been playing few all the various renditions of Robot Arena 2, and currently really enjoying the Robot Wars mod. After scouring the site and adding every compatible bot I could find, it made me think it would be a lot easier if we had a category other then 'custom' to find these bots, given how popular the mod is. It may also urge creators to make some new bots for this version of the game, as many famous competitors are still missing!

I call upon ye fellow Robot Wars fans and creators, make those bots, and let's get this category flowing. For me Robot Wars was my childhood, but I'll never let it go, let's bring back some memories!

Thanks!

Regards,
Steve

Sorcerer Supreme
Steve ;)

Offline FlamesOfIce

Re: New Category For Bot Exchange?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 03:12:48 PM »
I personally agree! I would love a RW mod segment of the Bot Exchange

Offline superbot13

• Middleweight
  • Rep: -3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 06:31:36 PM »
K
Don't say K. It's a valid suggestion

@cylcone Robot wars probably won't get a section until more people post bots from the mod
Guess who's back

Offline freeziez

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • He's Mr. White Christmas, he's Mr. Snow...
    • youtube.com/freeziezGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 10:24:44 PM »
how about just "replicas"
obligatory battlebots 5 comment

GTM Awards 2011

Best Tournament: B4ttlebots (freeziez)
Best New Tournament Host: freeziez
Most Suprising Tournament: B4ttlebots (freeziez)

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 09:39:59 AM »
K isn't a useful contribution dude come on...

Unfortunately the RW mod has very little traction in terms of showcased bots here. Most people, if they use the mod, just utilise the provided replicas. Why not start a showcase in the Custom section of the forum to try and start that change? :)
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 10:08:18 AM »
What craig said.
RWMOD is... Just not good for bot building. It is intended for replica battles. Building bots on it is just useless and you cant really build stuff like you can in other metas.

Offline Olister92

• Heavyweight
  • Trust no one, suspect everyone
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Olister92#9751
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 06:17:00 AM »
I know this isn't exactly relevant but some of the flippers can throw bots like 30ft so it's kinda frustrating to battle on too

Offline CycloneSpartan

• King of the Robots
  • Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 10:38:48 AM »
Thanks for the input guys!

I'm not sure how to start a showcase as I'm super new to the site's forums, I've spent the last few months just dwelling in the bot exchange. But it sounds like an awesome idea.

Obviously the bot creator doesn't allow you to do too much, but I was more thinking of people who want more replicas in the game. There are a few on the site that I've come across but a lot of them aren't specifically tagged to work with this version of the game.

Chances are quite a few bots in the bot exchange are compatible with the game, it's just finding and separating which ones do and don't - unfortunately not something I have a lot of time or experience to do.

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd be open to hearing them :)

Thanks all, keep on battling.
Steve ;)

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 08:20:53 AM »

I'm not sure how to start a showcase as I'm super new to the site's forums, I've spent the last few months just dwelling in the bot exchange. But it sounds like an awesome idea.

Obviously the bot creator doesn't allow you to do too much, but I was more thinking of people who want more replicas in the game. There are a few on the site that I've come across but a lot of them aren't specifically tagged to work with this version of the game.

Chances are quite a few bots in the bot exchange are compatible with the game, it's just finding and separating which ones do and don't - unfortunately not something I have a lot of time or experience to do.

Rwmod is pretty much dead rn and i doubt people will use it for anything new tbh, thats why most people do DSL now as its just better

Offline Billy5545

• Best Newcomer 2018
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Kendor#3191
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 04:38:31 PM »

It's very simple to start a showcase. Just go to the correct section depending on what mod your bot is built in, and then post pics of your bot to show them to people

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 03:48:54 PM »

Offline Redalert

• The inventor of Wandering Spinners and invincirammers
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -48
  • Yes, I’m an outsider.
    • View Profile
    • RedStorm's RA2 website
    • Awards
  • Discord: RedStorm
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 09:30:22 AM »
https://gametechmods.com/forums/gallery/?cat=24

have fun lol

Nice going. I haven't seen a Robot Wars RA2 bot exchange until now, so thank you.