Author Topic: Keep the pony's in the pony thread..  (Read 4016 times)

Offline JoeBlo

Keep the pony's in the pony thread..
« on: June 15, 2011, 06:38:41 AM »
I am tired of seeing pony picture responses in every single thread,

I know it sounds picky but the problem is, its a horrible bandwagon, once a person does it once another person thinks its ok to put one in every showcase.

So no more pony pictures in any thread within the RA2 section / Tournament section

Offending posts will be deleted and the poster given an added 10% warn level..

Offline Scourge of teh Galaxy

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Where do folks go when they die?
    • http://www.facebook.com/b
    • houndoomrulz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Keep the pony's in the pony thread..
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 06:40:51 AM »
Is it excused if the bot itself has a pony-themed skin?
Showcase     Wiki     deviantART     tumblr

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 07:00:38 AM »
I am tired of seeing pony picture responses in every single thread,

I know it sounds picky but the problem is, its a horrible bandwagon, once a person does it once another person thinks its ok to put one in every showcase.

So no more pony pictures in any thread within the RA2 section / Tournament section

Offending posts will be deleted and the poster given an added 10% warn level..

But it was my new style to post messages!

This is not fair!  :realmad(

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 07:18:20 AM »
Is it excused if the bot itself has a pony-themed skin?

Yes thats fine

Its just the pony pictures with written wording

But it was my new style to post messages!

Its is a community forum not lolcats.com you can write proper posts.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 07:20:53 AM »
*growls*

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 07:40:59 AM »
I am tired to see ponies spammed everywhere as well. It is extremely unfunny and way overused.

And I entirely support this. No more MLP ponies (or even pictures of real life horses, or any unrelated picture having to do with equids, for the wise guys that think they can bypass that law by posting pictures horses, donkeys, mules or any other Equidae. Camels and llamas are fine though)

Hell already way too much people are spamming ponies in signatures and avatars... or that Nyan Cat idiocy...

Offline Conraaa

• Certified Hood Classic
  • Rep: 10
  • I like my sugar with coffee and cream
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »
or that Nyan Cat idiocy...
No comment.

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 08:02:42 AM »
Is the Junkyard exempt?

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 08:07:29 AM »
He said within the RA2 section / tournament section so I would guess yes... but conversation isn't done by ponies.

Not only it does takes much more server space than a simple sentence, it gets really repetitive after a while and it takes more much time to go and post a pony picture with caption than just typing. I don't get these people really. It doesn't makes you automatically OMG SO KEWL !!!!111, nor does it helps discussion in any way.

Offline Urjak

• Rep: 6
  • Shell Spinner King
    • http://www.youtube.com/wa
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 08:19:55 AM »
Okay, but there are plenty of other funny/unfunny pictures that aren't ponies that are posted in the RA2 section. Should those be banned to? Or is it just when the pictures become too popular? I just think outright banning an entire class of picture from being posted is not entirely fair, as other pictures of similar funniness level can still be posted without a subsequent warning.
Any comments would be appreciated. :D

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 08:21:16 AM »
He said within the RA2 section / tournament section so I would guess yes... but conversation isn't done by ponies.

Not only it does takes much more server space than a simple sentence, it gets really repetitive after a while and it takes more much time to go and post a pony picture with caption than just typing. I don't get these people really. It doesn't makes you automatically OMG SO KEWL !!!!111, nor does it helps discussion in any way.

Ah I see now.  I read the title but not the details and just assumed that this was in response to that "British Spy" thread in the Politics section

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 08:25:58 AM »
Okay, but there are plenty of other funny/unfunny pictures that aren't ponies that are posted in the RA2 section. Should those be banned to? Or is it just when the pictures become too popular? I just think outright banning an entire class of picture from being posted is not entirely fair, as other pictures of similar funniness level can still be posted without a subsequent warning.

I removed some offending posts

But someone decided that all todays comments they made in the stock showcase section would be pony pictures..

Other pictures have been around for years with no real problems from it, this pony rubbish is getting (and has got in the past) way out of hand on here..

not just the pictures themselves but then there is a significant backlash (no self promotion intended) in the thread about pony's.. this just cut out the part that instigates the problems..

Offline ACAMS

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 08:28:08 AM »
Is the Junkyard exempt?

Keep it in Junkyard, this is a Robot Arena 2 forum, not MLP!

*growls*

Keep the asterisks in PLAYGROUND, I don't like seeing that ANYWHERE!

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 08:34:32 AM »

That's spam you're describing... but spam is still passable of punishment if you do it repeatedly in the main forum, so no problem.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 08:57:51 AM »
But ponies are allowed at the playground, right?

Offline Kujii

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 09:39:37 AM »
Enough is enough. I'd like to tell you all a story that anyone following this meme should be aware of.

Gametechmods is not the only site that is having a vast and unending problem with My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic, the meme has evolved past what is merely a meme, and now has an entire subculture, it can be related and compared to the initial fanbase of startrek, in its pattern of evolution.

Know your meme has recently had to make drastic changes to how it filters pictures for the trending list. With My Little Pony being the fastest growing meme in all of internet history, Trending Photo's were consistantly including 6 to 9 pictures from My Little Pony.

At such a point, the fans of the show need to consider others, and treat them how they would wish to be treated themselves. Human beings have insecurities, based on thier culture, past experiences, and other such things. That is why most people react badly to another group of people, as can often be seen on the internet in racism, fear of furries, and other similar concepts.

To those whom do not like MLP, we are seen as a spreading problem of  some uncategorized type. I do not blame them for this, as a community, the Brony expands and eats into many communities from the inside, the damage of the Brony being there is minimal at first glance, but due to tensions from those that disagree, and the expanding borders of where the Brony lays thier head, most forums are consumed quickly if preventive measures are not taken.

As I've witnessed happen to 4 forums so far, the Brony population expands until it takes up a large portion of the sites space, and visually chokes out the opposition of those that are displeased with the show, and in all cases, to maintain the community interest, the Moderation and Administration teams must come in and trim back the freedoms of that population in order to give those with different interests room to breathe.

As a general contender on ponychan, and as a friend of the Brony population, I know that you mean no harm with the image macro's you post, and merely wish to express the concepts you like, however as a long time resident of the internet, I can see both sides of this experience, and must say that not only on GTM, but on many places on the internet, we need the extra provisions on posting in order to keep from expanding and taking over an entire forum with our show.

Loving and tolerating our interests is not an option in thier case, I request of all of you that you try to maintain the use of Pony based images to the My Little Pony megathread, and your Avatar/Signature. Doing further then this on a regular basis is pushing your beliefs and interests down others throats, ignoring you isn't good enough once you start invading the ability for them to hold thier own interests, and avoid the ones they do not share.

Inb4REDTEXTcomplaints

~Kujii Tetsuiga~

PS: Whoever emailed me my password: How the heck did you find that?

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 09:47:12 AM »
Well put.
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 09:58:31 AM »

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 10:01:32 AM »
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »
Indeed, Kujii puts it well. I was fine with it in the original thread at first, then it turned into a megathread and spread throughout the forum and yeah, I know a lot of people are fed up. Just hope people will understand how others feel, and I thank the mods for this slight restriction.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15