Author Topic: Does anyone legitimately care about this place anymore  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 4
  • Still can't make robots after 20 years.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Mr.Kinch
Re: Does anyone legitimately care about this place anymore
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2020, 12:12:52 PM »
Came in for my monthly log-in to see this.

GTM holds a special place in my heart as it was the first forum I signed up to. 'MouldyKingBash' was the second username I came up with after realising that 'kingweevil' didn't fit the forum. I still remember being back home at the sweet tender age of 9, sitting on my crap laptop, downstairs next to my parents, trying to work out how things worked in the game and on a forum.

10 years later and from the outside, it looks the same. Forum's visuals have barely changed, some of the same faces, mainly still focused on the same game. A lot of progress has been made under the hood, for sure and it's nice that people are still around.

In the grand scheme of things, if the GTM forum was to shut down, it wouldn't affect me in anyway. I've made friends on here that have broken the forum boundaries anyway- so much so I've seen them in real life multiple times. It would be sad to see a lot of archival stuff be lost, though.

Offline RpJk

• ♫Time has come to listen to the crying of their puppet souls♫
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Done and done.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2020, 09:48:29 PM »
Bump.

I've mentioned it before but GTM has really played a part in who I am online today.

Thanks to a group of people who got taught me a bit of discipline and made learn the rules of the forums here it lead me to now.

Now I'm on Smashboards and Reddit with different interests than here. I've spoken about you guys to online friends in good regard a few times. To think getting over that barrier started here.

This place is like that old shop in a town centre. It very rarely changes but it doesn't need too.

Words like RA2, Stock, Robot Wars etc, have been a thing of the past for a few years now for me. However I owe a good bit to the community in who I am now.
Old Stock Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=6590.0

I've moved to other forums. Under a different name. This is where it all began.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2020, 06:40:46 AM »
bump
i hate young people so i do not wish to use discord to interact with anyone and all the people who would actually care about the bots i wanna make are old dudes who are more active here, so personally i would rather this stayed up. there are a variety of things i would personally want to encourage to improve the site (a bit less endorsement of casual trolling, mods being harder on people bangin out slurs since i do see some occasionally when browsing showcases and it's 2020 ect, maybe some visual updates, the usual stuff with some injection of activity for tournaments), but overall it does its job as far as i'm concerned

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2020, 05:41:02 PM »
mods being harder on people bangin out slurs since i do see some occasionally when browsing showcases and it's 2020
so what you're saying is, we need to #cancel hoppin
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2020, 03:44:31 AM »
basically cancel anyone who joined the site after 2013 or was born after the year 1997 is what i say

Offline Jet-speed

• The Transient
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Over 10 years and still can't build HWs.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Andle#5961
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2020, 01:24:23 AM »
Honestly the fact that this forum (and community in general) still exists after all of these years fills me with happiness whenever I decide to poke my head back in.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2020, 07:18:51 AM »
basically cancel anyone who joined the site after 2013 or was born after the year 1997 is what i say
I visited GTM as a guest a lot in 2013 and joined early 2014, do I still count? :embarr

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2020, 07:27:27 AM »
I think I remember seeing you around when I was properly active, around the end of when I really played this game, so I say you sorta count. thin ice though

Offline G.K.

• Rep: 10
  • Striving for a good personal text since 1994.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2020, 01:55:56 PM »
I'd be legit sad if anything happened to it. Course I'm never here these days. But there's a special place in my heart for this site. I really value the accessbility of the nostalgia.
My above post explains everything about everything.

Host of: Wheely Tag, Back To The Beginnings, BTTB 2, BTTB 3, BTTB 4, & BTTB V.

Heavy Metal: Champion (Mockery of the Whole Concept)
Robotic International Wars Series 1: Champion (Minifridge 6)
RA2 Team Championships 1 & 2: Champion (High Speed Train & Upthrust - as part of Naryar's Not Quite Evil Council of Doom)

Runner Up in: The Amazing Rage (Team Fedex), R0B0NOVA (Zaphod Stock), Steel Warzone (Inception of Instability), Box of Nightmares (Gicquel), Wheely Tag (Minifridge the Second)

Clash Cubes IV: 5th place (Fretless)
BBEANS 6: Rumble Winner & 6th Place (Minifridge 4)