Author Topic: Tweedy's Beetleweight Stuff  (Read 37915 times)

Offline Tweedy

• Rep: 3
  • Tweedy
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tweedy's Beetleweight Stuff
« Reply #260 on: July 03, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »
Since Burgess I've not really done much bot wise apart from swapping Ash to larger wheels and a lemonrx which has fixed the issues it was having at burgess. I have however got this ready to be made once I start my new job:

The Weapon there is just for visual purposes, this is the actual weapon:

Going to be a 10mm thick disc with a 100mm effective outer diameter

Offline Tweedy

• Tweedy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2015, 01:52:02 PM »

It does the thing.

Offline R1885

• Forum shopping list generator.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2015, 10:08:19 PM »
Well, that looks like its going to hurt.

Offline Tweedy

• Tweedy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2015, 06:41:56 PM »
Been a while since I posted here, not much has gone on except for finishing off Hyperion:

All that's left to do now before the champs is to put Ash back together now Haz has done some nice pocketing to free up weight for a bigger weapon.

Plans for after the champs are either build a new big vs or this:

If I do build this I am going to need to lower the drum and move it forward so an opponent doesn't have to ride the full length of the wedge to get hit by the weapon.

Offline Tweedy

• Tweedy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: December 06, 2015, 06:13:54 AM »
BW Champs Write up:
My champs pretty much started the day before the champs with me going on the 5 hour train/coach journey down to Craaigs and helping him get Mr Snappy 2 going. While we were doing that however I was replacing a broken aerial on my dx6i when I knocked it off the table and snapped the bind switch and broke the switch itself, this meant that once again Terminus could not fight (100% convinced this thing is cursed now). Hyperion however was working perfectly fine and already had it's receiver bound to my 6i so I could still run it as long as the receiver was okay.

Fast forward to the champs and everything looked to be ready for Hyperion so I put the batteries on charge and awaited the draw. The draw was a mixed bag really, most of the heavy spinners seemed to be spread out amongst the fights and there weren't really any 2 big spinners in the same fight in most cases. In my first fight however I was against Spin Cycle ( a HS that Haz built that is essentially Newton with a slightly different frame) and Pisces which was a HDPE rammer. 2 bots went through from this fight so me and Jamie ended up taking out Pisces first and immobilising it, however for whatever reason the fight was continued and I was threatened with disqualification if I didn't go after and hit Spin Cycle, so I did and threw it, taking a chunk out of the disc and stopping it entirely. After that fight the judges went and spoke to the driver of Pisces and determined that Pisces was still mobile while Spin cycle was not after I hit it, so Hyperion and Pisces went through while Spin Cycle was spent to the losers bracket. To put it in perspective Pisces had to pull out of the next fight because of the damage caused.

Fight 2 was against Lynx and Hit & Miss. Lynx was a pretty nice drum but it was plagued with issues from the get go, in it's first fight smoke bellowed from the motor when it spun up because of a screw resting on the case of the brushless and once that was fixed and the drum was working the only belt that Sam brought with him was snapped by Spin Cycle so it was weaponless in our fight. Hit and Miss was a mainly HDPE lifter with a steel wedge.

After activate was called I spun up and went straight for Hit and Miss sending it about 3 feet into a wall, it was still moving though so I hit it again and sent it another few feet and that hit apparently pulled the link out of it so it was immobilised and out. Lynx was a tricky bot to deal with because of the ablative ring around the main body, any time Hyperions weapon would touch it the ring would simply take all of the force from the hit and move out of the way, after enough hits on it though it was bent upwards and I got a nice hit on the body sending it up off the ground and falling back onto the weapon again forcing some fancy gymnastics. After that Lynx drove to the opposite end of the arena and I landed a similar hit forcing Sam to tap rather than take un-necessary damage.

My 3rd fight (quarter finals) was where I unfortunately went out fo the competition, I was using a relatively small motor to power the weapon (NTM 28-26) and as a result of that the shaft on it was relatively thin at only 3mm and 2.5mm at it's thinnest point. This was the downfall of Hyperion as I went after Spinza (bar spinner) at the beginning of the fight as I knew I spun up faster, I hit Spinza and the shock from the hit snapped the motor shaft at it's thinnest point and ejected the motor shaft and pulley into Spinza's weapon slot leaving me weaponless. I still continued though and pitted Incomplete Control but as I was driving towards myself to pit it and couldn't see Hyperion I drove too far forward and Hyperion just tipped into the pit with Incomplete control eliminating me from the competition.

I'm pretty happy with Hyperion, spins up fast, hits decently hard and is really nice to drive as it doesn't gyro at all. The only improvement I have planned is a larger motor with a thicker shaft as nothing else really faltered throughout any of my fights.

Next bot I have planned is this drum:

400g or so in the drum with m10 countersunk bolts for teeth, ablative side armour will be added once the frame is with me.

Offline Tweedy

• Tweedy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2016, 03:07:12 PM »
Got **** all better to do so had the thought ''why not update this thing nobody reads?''

I'll keep it brief, Ash 2 was built and does the thing:

Tanto is currently going under a redesign multiple senses of the word:

That's all I can post publicly without spoiling some stuff.
See you again in another 6 months

Offline botomatic1000

• Captain of Kings Heath Colliders robotics
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Still a Furfag
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Kings Heath Colliders robotics
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2016, 03:15:14 PM »
Ash 2 is one meeeaaan looking machine.
3rd and 4th in The ZONE with Penance and Blue Wolf
3rd in the Robogames Beetleweight bracket with Icklemandra

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #267 on: August 19, 2016, 04:57:50 PM »
Ash 2 is an elderly lady with severe mobility problems.

;)
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline botomatic1000

• Captain of Kings Heath Colliders robotics
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Still a Furfag
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Kings Heath Colliders robotics
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2016, 05:38:44 PM »
Ash 2 is an elderly lady with severe mobility problems.

;)

I guarantee it can move more than Jack The Flipper
3rd and 4th in The ZONE with Penance and Blue Wolf
3rd in the Robogames Beetleweight bracket with Icklemandra