Off-Topic > Robots Showcase

Team Hop

(1/4) > >>

Hoppin:
Im gay and I can beat Superbomb in a 1v1.

So I went to Antweight World Series 57 with Rest In Bepis: Rad Chad the Ultimate Dad EVO. I also co-drove the white cluster "Yeetus and Retreatus" with Sevalent. Good time.

Here's the video of the event. Including Chads, Yeetus and Retreatus and For Fox Sake cuz I might aswell

I'll upload some photo's later with some future plans and from the event that I took.

Hoppin:
Sup folks, figured I'd update this with my recent adventures into AWS59.

Unfortunately I didn't have my own entry however, I did co-drive Yeetus & Retreatus: Haha Yeah Man, Chad again. So that was pretty cool. I'd took control of Retreatus, the one with the pink ears.
Hopefully, I have Veorra setup for the next one!

Key points of the event: (Spoilers)
We got some really cute stickers printed for the event!

Blanksy was our first fight, it's a super flat 4wd pusher (The announcers(btw super nice of him to announce the full name of Yeetus & Retreatus: Haha Yeah Man, for every fight!)). So it was a pretty good match because of Blanksy's lack of speed and acetate. Despite us being pretty uncoordinated, we were able to push Blanksy of into the hole! So it was a great start for us!

In Round 2, Sev's robots drew each other (Yeetus & Retreatus and For Fox Sake), I drove Y&R along with James from Team Phyte (Thanks!). This went pretty well for Y&R. I slam dunked Sev into the hole after he bullied us for a bit. (Eat sh** heck).

For For Fox Sake, Sev had added a flag for somone who couldn't show up to this AWS. I took it upon myself to get as many flags on For Fox Sake as possible, we decided on every win is +1 flag! So here's what we got.

https://imgur.com/a/J3FlIL5 (Thanks GTM's trash image system)
Thanks to all of you who made yours! There was one from Team Zero, which I think ended up stuck to his robot.

Uh, what else? With Y&R we went undefeated up to the Winners Final, in which we ran into Big Hero 6. It's a incredibly built 6wd infrared pusher, we tried our regular tactic of just trying to pin him, but he quickly disposed of us and that put us in the lower bracket. But Top 4 min is wonderful and we never remotely expected it!

After a fantastic match against Harry we found ourselves in, despite being a match down, the grand final against Big Hero 6... again. This time we got pretty lucky in our first match, after a quick pit of me, Big Hero 6 drove itself off (At quite the ****ing speed) against Sev. So we were tied up!

So, top 2, at the decider. With this match, we tried to spend most of our time under him, pinning him and just being a general nuisance. We hadn't really had a "strategy" talk about this, but it seems to be the general style we went for. At some point in the match Big Hero 6 had been pinned by Sev after a bit of chasing back and forth, to which I was behind Big Hero 6 and was able to shove him forward off the edge.

So, we won. Idk how, but we did.

After this, we partook in the rumble. I was given Psychopathy to drive as Y&R was off being photo'd. During the rumble, I had my flipper hinge clipped by I think Vampire. Still not really sure. But that sent me off the arena and with a broke flipper mount! To which I decided to fight Theo in the trench! Sev ultimately won the rumble, giving him his 3rd rumble win. (Rad).

Finally, we got everyone still at the event together and took some photos! They're super cool! Big thanks to Harry for taking these great photos!
https://imgur.com/a/ZEnDXvR
Shoutout anyone who can figure us out, face wise
Timestamps (Again, spoilers)
Blanksy - 1:20:46
For Fox Sake - 3:06:08
Eyesoreasaurus - 4:33:00
Big Hero 6 - 5:51:00
Zero - Have no idea where it is
Micronewton - Have no idea where it is
shows up and kills thanos - 5:57:00
Big Hero 6 - 5:59:00
Big Hero 6 - 6:02:00
Link for the stream that happened for the event
(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, "script", "facebook-jssdk"));
--- End quote ---

WhamettNuht:
I had no idea you was also a British roboteer!!

I’ve been working on my own IRL builds to get back into it all. Hopefully our paths will cross soon!

Merrick:
Likewise, hopefully I'll get a chance to see you guys at an upcoming event sometime.

AWS 59 looked like a blast, shame I was busy that weekend.

Hoppin:

--- Quote from: Merrick on September 25, 2019, 04:47:18 PM ---Likewise, hopefully I'll get a chance to see you guys at an upcoming event sometime.

AWS 59 looked like a blast, shame I was busy that weekend.

--- End quote ---

You better be at 60 <3

--- Quote from: WhamettNuht on September 22, 2019, 05:40:22 PM ---I had no idea you was also a British roboteer!!

I’ve been working on my own IRL builds to get back into it all. Hopefully our paths will cross soon!

--- End quote ---

Hope so too, gotta dunk on all the GTMers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version