Robot Rumble 2.0 > Robot Rumble 2.0

RR2 Campaign Mode

(1/3) > >>

CodeSilver23:
This is a place to share your ideas about what should or shouldn't be in a campaign mode.

Gulden:
I can see it going one of two ways.

1: Resource management style gameplay where each part has a cost and you start with a low budget.  Kinda like every other sports game.
You continually battle over and over again using your winnings to go from underdog to topdog.

2: RA2 style where you go around competing in various live events just having a good time.  Possibly with an overarching tournament between them.

I personally prefer the later of the two, but in all honesty, I'd be ok if there just wasn't a campaign mode at all.

cjbruce:
I think it would be cool if we could get as many real-life tournaments and weight classes in the game as possible.  Especially things like Robotica, that aren’t strictly combat.

CodeSilver23:

--- Quote from: Guldenflame on August 03, 2019, 11:10:08 PM ---I can see it going one of two ways.

1: Resource management style gameplay where each part has a cost and you start with a low budget.  Kinda like every other sports game.
You continually battle over and over again using your winnings to go from underdog to topdog.

2: RA2 style where you go around competing in various live events just having a good time.  Possibly with an overarching tournament between them.

I personally prefer the later of the two, but in all honesty, I'd be ok if there just wasn't a campaign mode at all.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking the same thing with the resource management, where you start off with, say, $500 to make a lightweight. Then, through winnings and maybe sponsorship deals, your budget gets bigger, allowing you to afford building bots in higher weight classes. Some other things I think would be cool to have:

1) Perks/badges. I'm a big sports nut and I play a lot of NBA2k. A little while back, they added badges to the game, which allow you to do certain things at a higher level. I was thinking that there could be badges that would allow you to fix your bot faster between matches, or have discounted prices on parts, or a whole bunch of other things

2)A storyline. This one would be harder to pull off, but if you could, it would add a whole new aspect that could maybe get the attention of some big gaming companies. Just saying.

3) Recruiting. Say you want to have a mini-bot, or fix things super fast in the pits. You know what would help? Teammates! That's what the recruiting would be for.

4) Difficulty levels. Self-explanatory.

5) Intro scene before matches. I'm just thinking of maybe panning in on both the bots, and the countdown. Just something that would pump you up before the match.

cjbruce:
Two questions:

1. What do you like about the way RA2’s system works?  What would you chnage?

2. What other games are great examples of ideas we could use?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version