Robot Rumble 2.0 > Robot Rumble 2.0

RR2 Campaign Mode

<< < (3/3)

pokebro14:
Ok so I think having themed campaign mode could be cool.
So you could chose different campaigns with different themes or bots in them.
Also rewards for how well you do in each like maybe a new workshop look or new special components.
I think customising the workshop is just something that should be added as it would be a nice way to display success in tournaments as well as add something that could be a neat customizable thing

F1Krazy:

--- Quote from: pokebro14 on August 04, 2019, 02:21:11 PM ---Ok so I think having themed campaign mode could be cool.
So you could chose different campaigns with different themes or bots in them.
Also rewards for how well you do in each like maybe a new workshop look or new special components.
I think customising the workshop is just something that should be added as it would be a nice way to display success in tournaments as well as add something that could be a neat customizable thing

--- End quote ---
Like how RA2 has trophies? You could maybe have a trophy cabinet in the workshop, and then every time you win a trophy in a tournament, it gets displayed there.

Maybe you have to beat a robot in Campaign Mode before you can unlock it for free-play use? Sort of like how winning tournaments in the RW games unlocked real-life competitors?

CodeSilver23:
Unlocking opponents would be awesome.

WhamettNuht:
I love the idea of the campaign mode, however I also think it would be a good idea to have a setting in the options which allows the player to choose either 'Campaign' or 'Sandbox' mode (for those who want/need to have everything unlocked from the offset, ect replica builders, forum tournament builders) kinda like how (as an example) Cities Skylines lets you choose between normal gameplay and sandbox within the options as a stock 'mod'.

CyarSkirata:
I have an idea regarding how sandbox vs career could work. Basically, my thinking is that at any time you can build fully sandbox bots and do sandbox exhibition matches, but you also have career progress and can work in the bot lab through the career menu to have the game show you whether you can afford the parts to build the bot in that career.

That system would allow you to go between sandbox and career without having to change anything in the settings menu, and could let you bring a sandbox bot into a career later just by loading it in the career workshop, and buying it for the cost of all its parts.

For examples of similar systems, you could look at blueprints in Space Engineers, which can be projected in a survival game, and you build the individual blocks of the projection with your collected resources - or vehicles in Stormworks where you can spawn any vehicle into a survival world at a workshop area, as long as you've unlocked and can afford all the parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version