Poll

What do you like doing most in RA2/RA3/robot combat games?

Building robots
Local single player battles with manually-controlled robots
Local multiplayer battles  with manually-controlled robots (PvP with controllers or a shared keyboard)
AI-only tournament battles
Other?  Please comment below.

Author Topic: Robot Rumble 2.0 - Robot Combat Simulator - Under Development  (Read 187505 times)

Offline 8bean

• Professional Tourney Rigger
  • Rep: 10
  • I'm on discord probably
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: 8bean#4514
Re: Robot Rumble 2.0 - Robot Combat Simulator - Under Development
« Reply #2360 on: December 25, 2021, 10:33:38 PM »
I still have to check out the recent updates. Haven't played this for at least 2 years

everyone is cracked now
Stuff I didn't suck at (from oldest to newest)

Offline Gulden

• Am I still considered active?
  • Rep: 7
  • Currently trying to make a Riff in Time and Space.
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Gulden#1901
« Reply #2361 on: January 13, 2022, 06:46:23 PM »
New Bleeding Edge is out.  It hasn't been thoroughly tested yet, so don't be surprised when unexpected things happen.

New Bleeding Edge build: JAN13

This build fixes some issues with welding around hinged groups (everything that spins/rotates)
An important thing to know is that the first placed object on a hinge/chain/belt/etc will be the root component of said group,
this root component part is invincible for now.
Parts that dont have a physical connection to the root component or hinge/chain/belt/etc will fall off on spawn, just like unwelded parts on the chassis.
This can be tricky to fix, because the highlighting of unwelded components it currently not working for hinged groups. This will be fixed later.

The fixed welding causes EVERYTHING apart from root components to be capable of getting damaged, including spinners.
The strenght of a part is mostly determained by the material and the material thickness, set by the slider in the materials tab.
You should always try to get this thickness slider as high as possible on weapons and armor, since this will greatly improve the strength.
You should imagine parts you place as being hollow and that the slider determains the thickness of the walls of the hollow part.
So to get the physical thickness of your part, you should multiply the slider number by two, it will then also be correct with the scaling value.
(A 0.1 scale box will be 10mm thick, the slider will go to a max of 5mm and and the part will then be solid and maximum strength)
There will likely be bots that need fixing, but most weld issues can be fixed by putting an axle through the hinge/chain/belt and the root component.
Just make sure everything is touching physically; parts cant float in midair in the real world either (unless some substances are used. Probably.)

Please report any issues with getting things to weld in #rr2-support and things that seem to actually be bugged in #Bugreports and #Bugchatter
Have fun playing, idlove to hear what you thing of this new build!

Changelog:
[Bugfix] Added massScaleFactor to the strength of sprung hinges (no more weak)
[Change] Upped all spring strengths to be 1:1 with before I broke them
[Bugfix] Added missing sounds to some pneumatics
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug in Weld Manager to have it calculate welds on hinged groups
[Change] Damage is now applied to all individual components and their welds
[Change] Belts etc should no longer dissapear at random

WINDOWS:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TV51VGVjpG0kAX9TSsWTpDq0rM3vktuE/view?usp=sharing

MAC:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TwtO0r1yUbRT735FH6Wj8JgPHMryRsBU/view?usp=sharing
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2362 on: January 19, 2022, 12:25:23 PM »
This is my job here now.

New bleeding edge: JAN19!
Today we bring ARM DAMAGE and ENERGY DISSIPATION!

Arm damage: how does it work?
Anything that is not classed as a wheel or spinner and that has a tip speed of more than 0,6 m/s will become an arm capable of doing damage.
The arm does damage based on the kinetic energy it stores at the moment of impact. Kinetic energy is generated by the moment of inertia and speed of the arm.
The damage done is altered by how direct the hit is, how much the material being hit flexes and by what part is doing the impact: Maximum damage will be delivered at the outer tip of the arm and only half damage will be done if you are hitting with a point half way the arm!

Hold up, does that mean my flipper can do damage as well?
Yes, although a flipper generally starts its stroke in contact with the opponent and thus has a very slow- or even no impact, so they wont do much damage.
(Unless there is a mile of acceleration distance and the flipper hits the opponent at massive speed... but then it is basically a hammer...)
Energy Dissipation: how does it work?
So, without getting into really heavy physics: think of hitting a really thick piece of hard steel with a hammer: you will never be able to damage it and it just kinda "gongs" your energy away.
This is now simulated in the game! Every weld/component of a certain material can take a certain amount of abuse without breaking and deforming, in physics we call the point the Yield Strength. (point where something breaks off is the Ultimate Tensile Strength)
You need to beat the Yield Strength with your damage in order to do permanent, lasting damage. Materials like AR-Steel and Titanium have a high yield strength but can still take allot of abuse after they have been permanently deformed and thus are very tough.
Materials like rubber are very elastic but instantly break once you cross this elastic point and a material like Carbon fiber has a very high strength and is a bit flexible, but it will instantly crack once you go above the yield strength!

Okay cool physics and all... but how exactly does the game do this?
Every weld has a maximum amount of hit points (~= ultimate tensile strength * overlap * length * thickness^2).
And every weld has a yield threshold (~= yield strength * overlap * length * thickness^2).
The damage needs to be more than the yield threshold, if it is not enough then the weld will dissipate the damage away and no damage is done.
If the damage IS more than the yield treshold, then all the damage that goes over the yield will take hit points away!
Repeat until broken!

NOTE: Notice how the hit point equation has thickness^2, if you make something twice as thick, it will be FOUR times as strong!
Changes:
[Added] Allot more material variables to help aid in simulation of flex etc.
[Added] Hammer damage! or as I call it "arm damage", swing something at your opponent and it will now do damage! atm it doesnt really care about the hammer head shape (pointy, blunt etc.), but that will come! IMO they are still a bit too clippy, i have some ideas reduce this.
[Added] Energy dissipation! You need to beat a certain energy threshold before you can damage a component/weld. This fixes wheels being broken very easily by spinners AND in the test box AND it much improves the strength of the Tires and Rims, and makes spinners (or in general very thick materials) stronger.
[Change] Switched collision detection of arms to a different option to hopefully reduce clipping and jitter
[Change] Upped the Default Contact Offset from 0.0001 to 0.001, this greatly reduces clipping but might result in slightly different collision interactions (a spinner suddenly slightly hitting the ground)
[Change] Switched collision detection of spinners to a different option to reduce sniping
[Change] CDC can no longer be enabled on chassis components (this caused groaties)
[Change] Enabled the rotation part of Arena damage again.
[Bugfix] Test area props now have correct masses
[Bugfix] Below 100a, the ESC amp limit will round to 1 instead of 10, to make the small ESC,s usable again!
[Bugfix] Fixed all calculations around hinged groups (it was bad...)

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Windows:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RAorIkj3rjT2zgyWq2vcL1uEpOTJPQ1r/view?usp=sharing

MAC:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19ci37Sr4PJObkl1dHbfSdQWycIgMpAQG/view?usp=sharing
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2363 on: January 30, 2022, 12:35:52 PM »
New Bleeding Edge: JAN30!

Changes:
[Added] 2 additional LEM sizes: 170, 200! The 170 likes about 60v and 250/300a, the 200 likes up to 84v and 300/350a, both will do just above 400a for short time
[Change] Changed spinner bite, below a certain bite treshhold spinners are much more likely to grind
[Change] Changed physics stuff around spinners to make them less spastic and hit a little less hard
[Change] Disabled a part of velocityLimiter to not set CCD when something is moving fast. This caused more clipping then it solved
[Change] Stopped velocitylimiter from setting a collisionmode every frame (...?)
[Change] Ever so slightly increased the size of the high speed spinner collider to improve grinding
[Added] Added a slight drag so that spinners spin down (yes this will slightly reduce the maximum spinner speed, deal with it, effect is much worse irl)
[Bugfix] Spawnable crate and additionals are actually 100kg now, also doesnt defy gravity anymore...
[change] Increased the amount of available cameras to 6 (Thank Kris for this)
[Change] Changed a ton of particlesystems to collider with the correct layers, particle FX now look much better
[Change] Improved the look and flow of flamethrowers
[Change] Enabled Speculative collision detection on arm damagers, seems to much reduce clipping, even on pointy tips (only works now because i fixed the velocity limiter thing)
[Bugfix] Fixed a few weird settings on some motors particlesystems
[Bugfix] Fixed a small issue with the collisionmatrix
[Bugfix] LEM's are not scalable...

Enjoy, report bugs and let me know what you think!

Windows:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OPJQBlkmbogl4HqpkvcINS--gcrd5VBv/view?usp=sharing

Mac:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MrnQXJTdeB0VKON79NWd4GiOc2wvmmdx/view?usp=sharing

You'll note that these links list these as V2 due to a few last minute hotfixes.
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2364 on: February 24, 2022, 06:00:17 PM »
New bleeding edge: FEB24

Important!
Hinged groups (arms, spinners, hammers, flippers) can now be broken off with weld damage.
When there is only one part attached to these hinged groups (= invincible root component) they will be broken off!
Belts and chains now respond to the weld system, when they fall off, add a static axle through the pullies!
We noticed gearboxes often dont show up unwelded and dont fall off, while their wheels/spinners randomly fall off: the gearbox is unwelded and needs to be attached to static frame!
There were A TON of bugs fixed creating this, there might be some more left, yet to be discovered...

Procedurally generated spinner hums are still very WIP, especially at higher frequencies they need some work, let us know what you think and how they could be improved!

The weld highlighting system is still not working correctly, sorry for the inconvenience!

We also went through a big project migration, there might be some unforeseen problems, but as far as we know it all works!

Changelog:
[Added] Tetrahedron, half cylinder, sixth cylinder. Attaching the parts is kinda broken atm, USE THESE AT OWN RISK they are WIP
[Added] Superheavyweight weight class
[Added] Spinner hums! still pretty WIP but getting interesting
[Added] Hardox textured variant, rn its paintable where it shouldnt be
[Added] The mighty TriCAT, as inspired by Pardon My French and Madcatter
[Added] Dual TP100 (Say goodbye to those filthy brushes)
[Added] Added motors locking when the maximum rpm/voltage is exceeded for more than 10 seconds: the motor will start to spark, then lock up and short, generally overheating the motor in the process! VOLTAGE LIMITS MATTER NOW!!!
[Added] Belts and chain collisions! (they now need to be "welded" with a static axle through them) (there might be visual bugs around this still)
[Added] Added logic to welding to break off hinged groups in a correct, weld based manner
[Change] Changed FX in botlab (Hello proper green screen...)
[Change] Changed Motor_Script to destroy a motor once Rotor_Max_Rpm is passed for 10 seconds (limits voltage)
[Change] Slightly upped drive motor torque limiter to let robots push better
[Change] Changed wheelmassratiocontroller to subtract the mass it adds, all robots are now physically the same weight, no matter the amount of wheels
[Change] Changed some texture normalmaps (better looking hardox)
[Change] Changed the bot selection menu to three rows
[Change] Set the electronic disable limit to a more realistic 10 joules (50cm drop). 2j was too little.
[Change] Made the armdamager speed threshold higher (10m/s tip) this might give problems for smaller weight classes but we will see about that
[Change] Made spinner hums a little louder
[Change] Updated all motor stats to have correct max_rotor_rpm and voltage values
[Change] Upped the "Flip robot upside down" strength
[Change] If the root component is the only component left in a group, it will break off (otherwise its invincible)
[Change] Some improvements to SpinnerHum sound (no longer plays on pause)
[Change] Tweaked wheel rpms to make them more stable
[Change] Cleaned up spinnerCollisionHandler, it does not aim for (unused) combined damageable objects anymore
[Bugfix] Fixed some collider errors on several motors
[Bugfix] solenoid is now single direction and ON/OFF again
[Bugfix] Both the TP100 and CAT are now inrunner motors as their IRL counterparts(the outside does not spin)
[Bugfix] Arena selection menu is now scrollable
[Bugfix] Fixed wrong tipforce calculation, the other calculations are also likely off
[Bugfix] Reduced sniping of Arm damagers
[Bugfix] Fixed motors being powered while the motor is clearly broken off
[Bugfix] Added logic to not break the game when a hinged group is broken off
[Bugfix] Reordered some damage code so that electronic parts are disabled when they are hit instead of breaking their welds before breaking themselves
[Bugfix] Wheels no longer take damage from the Arena (that took a while...)
[Bugfix] Added AIstate variable back, you guys are going to have to tell me if it works properly...

Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e8t2LI_FB2GkDNYJBv6tOOz09c9_Ik_q/view?usp=sharing

Mac:  Not working atm, will (hopefully) edit later

Edit:  Still no mac build, however this build is notably buggy.  Death hums have also been really irritating to some people.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 10:12:35 PM by Gulden »
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2365 on: March 05, 2022, 04:33:27 PM »
We never did get that Mac version.

New Bleeding edge: MAR5
(Pretty much a FEB24 hotfix)

Changelog:
[Change] modified higher rpm spinner hums, as well as some updated sounds (to make them less annoying)
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug where the chassis would be set to 0kg when a wheel is taken off (chassis spazzing outa here)
[Bugfix] Fixed broken off parts getting flipped in the botlab instead of the bot itself

Known issues:
Highlighting of weld is still not working correctly
Chassis parts stay transparant (this is a bug because of Cloud build being broken, the issue occurs because of me doing a local build)

Windows:  https://robot-rumble.com/bleedingedgebuilds/RR2-Windows-05-MAR-2022-Bleeding-Edge-Build.zip

Mac:  https://robot-rumble.com/bleedingedgebuilds/RR2-MacOS-05-MAR-2022-Bleeding-Edge-Build.zip

Edit 3/9:  Mac is finally here.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 04:14:30 PM by Gulden »
I have several opinions.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2366 on: March 25, 2022, 07:43:11 PM »
unity was ****y and didnt want to build cloud
now it does, albeit we have to do it manually

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2367 on: April 14, 2022, 08:16:26 PM »
Skipped to April 14th, but will include the patch notes of April 13th as well.
New bleeding edge: APRIL 13
Allot of performance upgrades in this, let me know what improvements you see, enjoy!

Potential issues:
Spinners very "snipey"? doing damage to things they dont really hit?

Changelog:
[Bugfix] Motors will now not randomly spark when not overvolted
[Bugfix] Spinners are now allot less spastic
[Bugfix] Fixed motor "phantom noise" that continued playing after a match was restarted
[Change] Changed spinner damage output: spinners will now do "less" damage to "allot more" things, this likely has some funny effects but we will see (bewerkt)
[Change] Optimised Immobile script for better performance
[Change] Optimised Temperature script for (significantly) better performance
[Change] Optimised Editor COM marker script for better performance
[Change] Disabled component data stream to AIController for a SIGNIFICANT performance increase of all AI scripts
[Change] Added logic to remove all "reverse" meshes and renderers when not in the botlab for a SIGNIFICANT performance increase, especially on high part count robots during fights
[Change] Enabled spinners damaging themselves on static objects
[Change] Rebalanced gyro, drums should now gyro less bad
[Change] Buffed Rubber strength (doesnt really work)
[Change] Upped PSI limit to 2000

New bleeding edge: APRIL 14
Mostly a hotfix for April 13

Changelog:
[Revert] Re-enabled the spinner collision stop timer (so only one component takes damage on a spinner hit)
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug where unwired motors create lag
Windows
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ItnHzO2oPYpQznP2nMjU6C4lBpCv2NX9/view?usp=sharing
Mac
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n1Us5hNrwsq5KjDpVYLuDvHETso4osIK/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 11:03:59 PM by Gulden »
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2368 on: April 20, 2022, 10:32:03 PM »
I come from the future with a new build (It's still April 20th here)
New bleeding edge: APRIL 21
Fixed some ennoying issues in regards to ghost collisions and sniping. And some additional ease of life changes!
Enjoy and let me know what you think and report bugs!

Added logging:
I am not completely sure how this works yet, but the game should now generate a log file with all console entries!
This will be very nice for debugging stuff, especially on Mac!
For bug reports ill now often ask for this file!

The logfiles should be created in the following locations:
(idk why the name is different, I can maybe fix that later)

Windows:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Nerd Island Studios LLC\Robot Rumble 2.0\Player.log

Mac:
~/Library/Logs/Nerd Island Studios LLC/Robot Rumble 2.0/Player.log

Changelog:
[Added] Added code to spinner collision scripts to much better filter "fake" collisions, this massivly improves sniping and ghost collisions!
[Added] Added code to hammer/arm collision scripts to much better filter "fake" collisions, this massivly improves sniping and ghost collisions!
[Change] Disabled "shock damage" since it didnt really make sense and was more ennoying then it was interesting
[Change] Enabled "sweeping" spinners again, spinners will now damage more then one component per collision
[Change] Tweaked spinner damage output to a more reasonable damage output
[Change] Modified some logic to somewhat improve bite on wedgeless verts
[Change] Reworked weld to break the root component off by its health when all welds to it are broken, now you dont need at least two components to prevent things from falling off! (was honestly super ennoying and dumb)
[Change] Enabled player logs (still testing how this works)
[Change] Upped "non weld" connection strength x3 (atm it doesnt make any sense but at least it will make wheels a little less garbage)
[Bugfix] Fixed an error when Combine meshes only had a single mesh to combine
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug that caused hammers/arms to almost never do damage
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug where chains/belts would collide with the simplified group meshes
[Bugfix] Fixed a broken camera reference in bot selection
[BugFix] Fixed and issue where IMPORANT physics numbers would be changed at random, causing differences between botlab and arena fights
[revert] rubber is now correct strength again

IMPORTANT: I tuned to 100% damage again!!

Win:
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YI25maT0mbsC3SZW-tLw68v2yo06Hr8d/view?usp=sharing

Mac:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BnVTNq1Laxf67wPodwWVyStDpHxiIqF0/view?usp=sharing

Downloading via mac is complicated, so I'll probably only quote this once.
1. Open terminal
2. Run each of these commands in order
3. Tell terminal to go to your downloads folder where you downloaded the game to cd Downloads
4. Make the game executable chmod +x "RR2_APR14_2022_BLEEDING_EDGE_MAC.app/Contents/MacOS/Robot Rumble 2.0"
5.  Remove the quarantine flag that stops the game from running xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine RR2_APR14_2022_BLEEDING_EDGE_MAC.app/
6. Close terminal and launch the game! :D
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2369 on: May 18, 2022, 03:19:09 PM »
New bleeding edge: MAY16

Changelog:
[Added] Models of camera
[Added] Added "Test" matchtype that enables telemetry mid fight note:  this only works if you change the camera for some reason
[Added] Option for an "infinite time" match, the timer will count up instead of down
[Added] Dark chain!
[Change] Slightly rebalanced spinner damage output
[Change] Added a thing to improve reach verts
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug that caused single part hinged groups to not collide with the floor
[Bugfix] Fixed US style pneumatic system
[Bugfix] Fixed ESC current limit being WACK in 20 different ways
[Bugfix] Quad A28-400 is now centered.
[Bugfix] Arena hazard impulse script now fires more then once
[Bugfix] Fixed heating on LEM 170 and LEM200
[Bugfix] Fixed an issue where electrical components could not be directly disabled by spinners

[Additional] Game has a logfile system, when the game has a bug or something like that it records it in the log file. Please send that when telling about bugs

Win:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y6eGJVd5MlED7_tAmDwsO9zYiBDSnJPi/view?usp=sharing

Mac:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZwP3hnne7CqC-2xuhpU94X4FOk-F1QiB/view?usp=sharing
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2370 on: May 23, 2022, 09:26:33 PM »
New bleeding edge: MAY21

Changelog:
[Added] Power output of a motor in telemetry
[Added] Added a static collider on spinners to reduce the distance that they can clip, substantially reducing clipping of spinners
[Added] Added some peculiar logic to Pause Function...
[Added] Robot unsticker! Hit "home" during a fight to reposition all bots back to their spawn location
[Added] Enabled rigidbody interpolation for slightly better motion blur (and something else)
[Added] Added the Slam Cam! a small camera that you can put on your robot, find it under "extra misc"
[Added] Added "totalStrucTuralIntegrity" to display the total weld integrity of a part in the editor
[Change] Tweaked some things in spinner collisions
[Change] Retuned damage output again. The "Anti clip" spinner collider seemed to limit damage output a fair bit
[Change] Added some logic to slightly reduce spinner spasticness
[Change] Changed 0.8,0.8,0.8 grey (slot 2) to 0.7,0.7,0.7 grey which matches many ingame parts
[Change] Made some "things" available  (From what it looks like, some sponsorship stickers and the ability to press F1 and F2 to enable slow-mo)
[Bugfix] Fixed some small issues in motorscript
[Bugfix] Fixed some small issues with telemetry
[Bugfix] Speeds no longer get messed up when one of the motors of a multimotor break
[Bugfix] Fixed some issues with the robot unsticker not working in a compiled build
[Bugfix] Fixed test mode not working
[Bugfix] Fixed Impulse Hazard being super weak
[Bugfix] Made Slam Cam not "Dev-only"
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug where the mesh combiner would fail and create massive lag
[Removed] CDC option, it caused more problems then it fixed

How 2 use the Slam Cam
Put it on a bot
Enter an arena fight
The Slam Cam will be activated by any of the unused arena cam slots (so if you have an arena with 6 cams, you CANNOT activate the Cam)

Win:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jYuYjepupRLnpNRrbyoa_1uaGk6aTwiv/view?usp=sharing

Mac:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l2mJcXgx6kDka3HPCrp1Ixsdo7VnSN19/view?usp=sharing
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2371 on: September 15, 2022, 06:18:11 PM »
New bleeding edge: SEPTEMBER15
IMPORTANT: Linux builds are now available! It is very WIP and may not work!

Changelog:
[Added] Added native Linux support (still needs some more testing)
[Added] Arm damager slider! disables or multiplies the damage done by hammers/flippers/arms
[Added] Trampa VESC 100/250
[Added] CAT X3330
[Added] CAT X1020
[Added] Trampa 60/120 (by Liam)
[Added] CAT 30100 (by Liam)
[Added] VEX BB (by Liam)
[Added] Green Brocc 200a (by Liam)
[Change] Adjusted friction values on many materials to be more realistic
[Bugfix] Fixed telemetry applying gear ratio twice to the torque value
[Bugfix] Fixed telemetry displaying half the actual bite depth
[Bugfix] Disabled CCD on some stock shapes
[Removed] Deleted some old damage code causing groups/wheels to break off at random
[Disabled] Disabled the wheel torque limiter since it is causing some issues and inconsistancies and is not really needed anymore (might cause some robots to bounce/float again maybe?)
Link to the builds:

https://www.robot-rumble.com/bleedingedgebuilds/

It has been awhile, thanks for the patience, have fun with the new build!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 07:54:51 PM by Gulden »
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2372 on: October 17, 2022, 08:11:09 PM »
October 17th

Our revitalized dev team's first game update! It's been great working with the rest of the team, and I think Doyle is happy that he isn't carrying on is own anymore.

Changelog:
[Added] A Workshop button that opens the UserRobots folder in a native file explorer.
[Added] There is now a button next to the Components Attached counter that explains the basics of weld.
[Added] Added a toggle option in Display settings to hide the weld help button.
[Removed] Test Arena from Arena Select menu
[Added] Wreckbots Arena as built-in arena
[Change] The Championship button on the main menu has been changed to an Open Game Folder button that opens the appdata/ApplicationSupport folder in the user's file explorer.
[Added] Main Menu buttons now have small icons (made by @MellowedRose☕)
[Added] Arena Select now has a guide that explains how to add arenas in addition to linking the Discord server, AMT download, AMT tutorial, and the arenas folder

[Change] New spinner mechanics! More precise impacts and more realistic!
        This includes:
        New static and dynamic high speed colliders that detect collisions much more precise
        New damage and impact calculations
        New impact spinner speed reduction
        New Impact filters (No sniping possible in combination with the new HS colliders!)
        New grind mechanic
        New absolute bite calculations that takes in account the speed and direction of the opponent as well
        A basic implementation of ablative and springy bite/impulse reduction
        Improved spark emission
        Improved performance by deleting old, unused calculations

[Change] Motors now actually reach their break even continuous work point
[Change] Motors now heat up and cool down more realistic (slower then earlier)
[Change] All motors now have correct stats (Moto, Ampflow and TP100 are less powerfull, LEM's, NPC's are more powerfull)
[Change] Increased gyro for wide and big diameter spinners
[Change] Different material components now use adapted welding that simulates a bolted connection
[Bugfix] Hinged groups break off correctly without bugs now
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug where spinners could not damage some components including other spinners
[Bugfix] Pause now stops all sounds
[Bugfix] Motors now display their continuous current
[Bugfix] Gas splitter now has as many inputs as it visually has (4x input)
[Added] More TP power motors! The TP2030, TP2930, TP3650, TP5680. From BW to HW!
[Added] CAT TrackTail motors! 1:10th and 1:8th scale RC motors for BW and FW!
[Added] PrimalPower X23850! A GIANT flat outrunner that can deliver a whopping amount of power!
[Added] The Green BroccSC VeggieMaster 800A ESC! A ridiculous ESC for the most stupid Brushless setups you can imagine (Temporary model)
[Added] Lynch LEM 200x2. This is litterely two LEM 200's slapped together...
[Added] A range of small brushless outrunners!
[Added] A fixed version of the 3 inch brushless! (the old one is hidden, since completely unrealistic but it wont break old bots now)
[Added] Screws! Bolts! Hex heads! Flat heads! Philips heads! All to make things pretty with.
[Removed] Removed more old damage code that fused broken parts together mid air
[Bugfix] Fixed weight of connected flipper systems
[Bugfix] Debug spinner options are no longer visible in settings mid-fight

Links:
Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14_73BEdE3asXFZ-K1bKK6da3jxfIxAFA/view?usp=sharing
Mac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F92lxqzSXVsljVMYn-bJ1LZw-hKwhWm1/view?usp=sharing
Linux: Can be built upon request

The major thing that this build reworks is spinner bite.  Verts no longer throw themselves backwards as much and reach verts actually hit things.
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2373 on: October 30, 2022, 08:55:13 PM »
Changelog
[Bugfix] The controls button in the settings menu now brings up the controls settings during a battle.
[Bugfix] TP5680, CAT TrackTail 1/8, and CAT TrackTail 1/10 should no longer burn at their max voltage
[Bugfix] Lowered PrimalPower X23850 max RPM to proper stats
[Bugfix] PrimalPower X23850 now weighs its proper weight
[Bugfix] Updated comp_info of PrimalPower motor
[Bugfix] VeggieMaster 800A is no longer scalable
[Bugfix] Weld Help Button should now show up by default for new users
[Bugfix] Fixed ESC current limits resetting at random
[Bugfix] Fixed spinners on arms generating way too big HS collider
[Change] Slight update to LEM texture (LEM2x200 showing mesh centre instead of what looked like 3 motors stacked)
[Change] Updated Visual of Broccsc 200a
[Added] Broccsc 100a, 70a, 40a and 30a ESC's!
[Added] The godly TP100XL
[Change] went over all motors to fix all specs and limits
[Bugfix] Fixed spinner edge detector being way too big on spinners on arms or hinged groups
[Remove] Removed combined_damage_object since it was obsolute and broke spinners off in the test area
[Removed] removed several unused script
[Bugfix] BW with spinners will no longer gyro when their spinners are not spinning
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug where the edge detector would not work and spinners would grind excessively
[Added] Goose! a small brushless motor for beetleweight drive!
[Added] A fitting small gearbox for the 18xx brushless motors
[Change] Minor updates to some motors
[Bugfix] Fixed Goose motor
[Bugfix] Fixed beetle gearbox size
[Changed] Arena add help button is now a question mark instead of a plus sign
[Added] New official RR2 default arena by @LiamHaddev! (edited)
[Bugfix] Game Folder and Open Robot Folder buttons should now work on Mac
[Added] Arena damage! All arenas now apply damage when you ram/fall/slam into them
[Added] Arena Damage is now added to AMT arenas upon instantiation
[Added] Arena Damage Slider
[Bugfix] Damage values can now be adjusted mid-fight
[Change] Fixed values from GOOSE motor
[Bugfix] Fixed some components not having damage applied to their welds
[Remove] Some old scripts that still ran but didnt do anything useful
[Changed] The botlab camera can now be zoomed in more
Hotfix:
[Bugfix] Arena damage slider no longer affects arm damage
[Changed] Set default arena damage to 25%

Links:
Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bvbnInsdQNLjRZkrcWghu3GRZy-v7WFV/view?usp=sharing
Mac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UeFFLtsMiuuPQLuFg6a2l2VZ8RqgSOLk/view?usp=share_link
Linux: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wnmb-I-0XEQBcJe1ODIGfIbBtQX8apKD/view?usp=sharing

Some bug fixes, a new default arena, and an arena-damage slider.  Look forward to seeing what bugs are littering this build.

I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2374 on: December 25, 2022, 07:47:35 PM »
Happy Halloween

Changelog
[Removed] Wreckbots arena due to it being built in an outdated version of AMT
[Changed] The default arenas are now copied to the Arenas folder instead of being loaded from StreamingAssets.  ⚠️ If you use the October Builds after this update, you will need to remove the arenas folder from the October build StreamingAssets ⚠️
[Added] UserRobots is now created when the game first launches. You no longer need to export a robot to have it created.
[Changed] Stock Robots are now copied to the UserRobots folder instead of being loaded for battling.
[Added] Damage and tickrate sliders now have textboxes that let you change the value without having to use the slider
[Bugfix] Damage and tickrate can now be changed mid-fight (for real this time)
[Updated] Concave Collider generator has been updated to version 1.30
[Updated] Rewired has been updated to the latest version
[Change] Rebalanced spinner bite
[Change] Improved edge detection of spinners
[Removed] Some laggy debug statements
[Bugfix] Fixed N20 rpm/volt limit
[Bugfix] 1.8A ESC colliders now matches the model
[Added] New botlab icons by @Mellowed Rose☕
[Updated] Credits now include all developers as well as outside contributors
[Added] The RR2 UK default arena designed by @LiamHaddev!
[Bugfix] Credits scrollview now shows the entire credits
[Bugix] Clicking in the Credits window no longer hides it
[Change] Changed the material slider to properly round and accept decimals more easily
[Bugfix] The New Shape button is no longer off-center
[Changed] RR2 Arena is now 0.5x larger
[Changed] The cameras in the RR2 arena have been adjusted to better positions
[Added] Dual CAT 30100 motor due to popular demand (not added by Doyle ;p)
[Bugfix] Transparent Shape and Chassis now works on Hardox and other textured materials.

Links
Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TprD46fmhhfWaFBZciRAkixLZATpM816/view?usp=share_link
Mac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HVJBT8JiCAd2gWy4XOHuiRbHgcl2m28y/view?usp=share_link
Linux: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g10kO200t5-enu6rhruBmmNVt0Cj7C2Z/view?usp=share_link
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2375 on: July 03, 2023, 11:38:48 PM »
New update.  Time to nuke your botlabs folks.

[Added] Goose Mini battery splitter
[Added] Fillet shape (might need a positioning fix)
[Added] Perf Round quarter hollow cylinder (might need a positioning fix)
[Added] Countout timers can now be hidden with Video Settings
[Added] Epilepsy warning in opening splashes
[Added] Octo A28-150 motor
[Added] Goose S2838 motor
[Added] Goose HK3536 outrunner motor, 3000watt cont and good looking...
[Added] Goose HK7050 outrunner motor: Minotaur runs two of these for the drum, make of that what you will...
[Added] A ball bearing! make things spin!
[Added] Goose 4S 14.8v 850mAh battery (NOT PLACABLE YET)
[Added] Many new basic shapes (NOT ALL OF THEM ARE PLACABLE YET, expect update later this week)
[Added] moar Saw!
[Added] New model for the PrimalPower X238/50!
[Added] TP 4070 brushless motor, small but long... very capable!
[Added] By popular demand: Dual A28-150, as found in Skorpios and Defender!
[Added] A smoll RC receiver! only six channels but it will actually fit in your Beetle... It was a beetle right? Wait a 150gram? Bruh... It will fit tho...
[Added] More things that can be made into bot parts by other dear devs that have much better internet then me at this moment in time
[Added] PrimalPower X238/100! An even thiccker and more powerfull version of that flat pancake brushless motor
[Added] Added Super 5Ah Batteries! from 1S till 13S
[Added] Dual CAT X1020[Change] Arena damage is now calculated based on entire robot weight instead of the piece
[Change] Default Arm Damage and Arena Damage are set to 0%
[Change] Increased/reworked the metallic effects on metal materials
[Change] Changes some material textures to make them more realistic
[Change] slightly altered the looks of chains
[Change] Tweaked metallic effects on some motors
[Change] Rebalanced the peak power of TP100, CAT 30010, Motenergy
[Change] Rebalanced spinner bite
[Change] Changes to make wide and medium to big sized beaters and drums bite better
[Change] Shortened axle on beetje brushless gearbox
[Change] Nerfed the Motenergy to 500a continous, but it burns out too fast on solenoid so needs more fix
[Change] Small code tweaks to improve performance
[Change] Optimised AI scripts for better performance when using player only bots
[Change] Optimised velocity limiter to improve performance
[Change] Excluded some code in ComponentWelder that might not be required but massivly reduced performance
[Change] Reworked Spinner bite to be more satisfying and responsive
[Change] Made the outwards impulse on spinners much more sophisticated: HS glance and ping off angled surfaces and verts shoot things backwards instead of always up
[Change] Spinner to spinner collisions now sway more towards the spinner with the higher tip speed, still WIP till it feels right
[Change] Removed some unused calculations fro spinners to slightly increase performance
[Change] Improved edge detection on spinners
[Change] Reworked damage output on spinners to give more damage on a good hit
[Change] Both stock arenas now have roofs
[Change] RR2 UK has Bigger floor zone
[Change] RR2 UK now has one OOTA at the far end of arena and one by the entry gate
[Change] RR2 UK Pit and flipper much smaller
[Change] RR2 UK now has better lighting and camera angles
[Change] RR2 UK flipper and pit are now swapped so the pit is near the OOTA
[Change] RR2 UK flipper activates 2 seconds if you stay on it
***Note: If the arenas don't update, go to your arena folder (not the one in the game files) and delete the rr2 and rr2uk arenas so the game can put the new ones in.***
[Bugfix] Open Game Folder and Open User Robots Folder should now work on Mac
[Bugfix] The WeldHelp setting now toggles in all settings menus
[Bugfix] Parts from spinners and arms now have the correct friction again
[Bugfix] Broken parts from actuated groups nopw have the correct friction again
[Bugfix] Thin custom shapes now get a correct material thickness equal to the one in the UI
[Bugfix] Motors now correctly mute when the game is paused
[Bugfix] Spinners will always make a collision sound instead of sometimes
[Bugfix] CAT 30100 is now rated for 285a continouos to bring it to its realistic cont power of 17kw
[Bugfix] Fixed some bugs with spinners suddenly triggering a huge recoil on very light objects
[Bugfix] Fixed the edge detector sometimes getting stuck in the opponent
[Bugfix] Fixed rpm limit on 3-inch brushless
[Bugfix] Fixed weight from Goose insect weight splitter
[Bugfix] Fixed stats and weight on Goose S2838 motor
[Bugfix] Fixed sizes on some Pro Batteries (10S till 13S are now slightly smaller)
[Bugfix] Fixed a small error in the LEM 130 stats
[Bugfix] Fixed the resistance of the TP100, it needs some tweaking to have its correct peak current
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug that created allot of lag on bots with many basic shapes
[Bugfix] Spinners now properly trigger a collision sound (perhaps a bit spammy sometimes)

Links:
Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vGcIpjyk1ML51DRreI0FcovzhKr8qdVw/view?usp=sharing
Mac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZathN5c49Txl4I7B3EV5z8KV8pRJK5Tb/view?usp=sharing
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2376 on: July 12, 2023, 01:49:34 PM »
Small hotfix.  Mostly to stop lag.

[Bugfix] Dual CAT x1020 no longer floats when placed
[Bugfix] parts attached to the Dual CAT 30100 are no longer .002 off center
[Bugfix] TP4070 is no longer scalable and should have correct weight
[Changed] Googly Eye no longer moves
[Bugfix] Dual A28-150 is now classified as a multi-motor and has 2 esc inputs
[Revert] Reverted arena damage to not calculate the mass of the entire bot for every contact point, needs more thought or an integral sulution
[Optimisation] tiny optimisation to combinemeshes to not set layers every frame for every component
[Bugfix] Fixed spinners biting super hard on loose parts

Links;
Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OM2eNUjKtPOjm9YXDbGKhAvrd85tnSyD/view?usp=sharing
Mac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11RIZQ6gqrZJ-jKGIkMP-zqTDrnTqfmHu/view?usp=sharing
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2377 on: January 03, 2024, 03:31:42 PM »
Only been half a year.

[Added] Goose MAD TORQ brushless motor, as a slightly smaller outrunner compared to the PP
[Added] Added the spinner impulse slider back. Yall wanted to engage in more dumb hits.
[Added] Options to adjust Rotation, Movement Tracking, and Zoom for Cameras.
[Added] Option to disable Immobility Countouts.
[Added] Option to hide Timer in matches.
[Added] Ability to change countdown and timeout text and sounds.
[Added] New animation trigger that is triggered when the countdown starts. (Intro sequences, anyone?)
[Added] New utility script that allows a GameObject to track a players bot position. If the player slot is empty, the GameObject will disable.
[Added] New utility script that allows a GameObject to rotate to face a players bot. If the player slot is empty, the GameObject will disable.
[Added] New utility scripts that allows a GameObject to track and/or face the midpoint between all bots.
[Added] New sound triggers for Timer, Zone, and Countdown. Now you can have custom sounds play whenever, wherever! (Pit button release klaxon. mayhaps)
[Added] Centre of Mass indicator in BotLab, accesible from the sliding options menu.
[Added] Added functionality to increase the directnesOfHit with high bite distance and increase the impact angle, this makes run-up hits much more satisfying
[Added] Telemetry now highlights red when: a motor current more then the continous current is drawn, when a motors max rpm is exceeded and when it overheats!
[Added] Added a blow out effect on gas tanks when they are hit
[Added] Small boi flamethrower for beetles
[Added] Tungsten Carbide material! Tungsten carbides in a Cobalt matrix to be very exact: super heavy, super hard, super brittle!
[Added] Magnesium Alloy! Not entirly the stuff that wants to explode in water: its like lightweight Aluminium, but a little less strong.
[Added] S7 Steel! The famed, the infamous, the wanted, the controversial: Hardened till 54 Rockwell C, as holied by Ray Billings: harder then AR/Hardox, but more brittle.
[Added] TPU! the new surge in lower weightclasses: 3D printed TPU 95A, very flexible and wear resistant, minorly grippy.
[Added] Carbonfiber Nylon/NylonX! Some call it black aluminium...! Perhaps in toughness, but the strongest plastic available!
[Added] Polyurethane Rubber! For those who like casting their own tires! Extremely grippy, but slightly less reliable as classic rubber!
[Added] PLA! The absolute giant of 3D printing, a surprisingly high tensile strength... but we know what happens when it is hit...
[Added] Different looks for each material, if peoples have opinions about these please let me know!
[Added] BroccSC 200A HV! this boi going up to 50v
[Added] Nine new PrimalPower outrunners! Ranging from 370W to 3770W they provide allot of spin for Beetles, Feathers and anything in between!

[Change] Twitter icon to X (blegh)
[Change] Enabled incremental garbage collection, which spreads garbage collection accross several frames, reducing frame spikes
[Change] Nerfed the 300A brushless ESC to 500A peak, its 1000A limit made the Veggmaster obsolute
[Change] Moved Countouts Visible option to Battle Select Screen instead of Settings.
[Change] Match Time, Timer Visibility, Countouts Active, and Countout Visibility now save their state between sessions.
[Change] Complete rewrite of Camera Controller.
[Change] Trigger Zones can now have a delay before they become triggerable.
[Change] Made the Press Start to Begin "button" fit in with the rest of the battle UI.
[Change] Tweaked some logic to improve bite for overhang/exposed weapons
[Change] Sligthly increased the bite of the losing weapon in a spinner to spinner collisions to improve horizontal vs vertical hits
[Change] Blueprint material is now a physicial material that welds and has collisions. its as strong as cardboard and as heavy as aluminium
[Change] Reworked ALL motor smoke particle systems to be less obnoxious, glitchy and more subtle and make them derive from one source
[Change] Reworked ALL ESC and CO particle systems to be less obnoxious, glitchy and more subtle and make them derive from one source
[Change] Reworked ALL Battery particle systems to be less obnoxious, glitchy and more subtle and make them derive from one source
[Change] Changed all component particle systems to the new versions (this was so much more work then expected lmao)
[Change] Reworked the spark effects from spinners to let sparks fly faster and further, makes spinners look more impressive on glancing hits
[Change] Renamed several materials to be more technically specific or more generic (Hardox is now AR500, Titanium is now Titanium Gr. 5, Steel is Mild Steel etc.)
[Change] Reordered the material list: low tier/weaker/lightweight materials working up to exotic/heavy/strong materials and ending with the "specials"
[Change] Minor changes to some material stats: in the back im adding more functionality for said stats, these will come slowly in play!
[Change] Once again a new take on the spinner system using unity's animation curves to tune bite which comes with benefits: very precise control of bite response and much faster to calculate then intricate calculations
[Change] Rebalanced bite with the new curve control: more grinding and less spasm at very low engagement speeds, much better bite for mid range bite and reach weapons, less likely haymakers
[Change] Spark effect speeds are now tied to weapon tip speed
[Change] Fixed stats on many BroccSC's since I had some wrong weights (several became a little lighter!)
[Change] Increased flat spinner impulse efficiency to reduce the amount of "slacking" hits, this should improve the bite balance between bars and discs as well
[Change] Reduced the maximum impulse cap to reduce the impulse of gigantic spinner impacts to 6 times the robot mass (was 7.5)
[Change] Tweaked some impulse modifiers to make better spinners impacts with the arena and glancing impacts

[Bugfix] Dual CAT x1020 collider is now correct
[Bugfix] The build text works again!
[Bugfix] Broken Parts now properly despawn in BotLab on Bot Reset or when leaving a Test Area.
[Bugfix] Weird jump when switching cameras.
[Bugfix] Black cylinders missing from left and right gears in Main Menu.
[Bugfix] Animation Trigger Zones and Timers not working in game.
[Bugfix] Arena Previews not loading in Arena Select screen.
[Bugfix] Fixed some impact reduction values being applied twice causing an excessive reduction of spinner impulse compared to the damage output
[Bugfix] Fixed another bug in spinner vs arena hits, now they are pretty good
[Bugfix] Fixed material names in spinner scripts so that correct spark effects are triggered

Downloads:
Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bN687LIAppFK7KHjCDtUtrFudZixAVc8/view?usp=sharing
Linux: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18JSWxxjxZkcG1faKuVoB0Hak0FvDRP7_/view?usp=sharing
Mac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19hO59i5aOa7sknbbymzZMbEQvVmdzbrs/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 01:02:34 PM by Gulden »
I have several opinions.

Offline Gulden

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2378 on: March 24, 2024, 01:21:29 PM »
I have yet to play this yet, so it might not work.
[Added] Botlab Panning can now also be done with right mouse button
[Added] PrimalPower E105-10 and E105-20: more outrunners in the 5000-9000w range!
[Added] "P1 Telemetry" Toggle to bot select screen (formerly Test Match mode)
[Added] 3x new PrimalPower NM motors based on the Neumotor 8000 Series and 1x 12000 series motor!
[Added] By popular demand: 3 dumb, disgustingly powerful brushless motors in the PrimalPower X series... 80KW, 100KW and 200KW peaks...
[Added] 90 degree fillet
[Added] 45 degree fillet
[Added] Filleted box
[Added] Box with hexagon hole
[Added] Filleted hollow hexagon
[Added] Filleted hexagon hole box
[Added] Hollow corner 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4
[Added] Hollow corner 1/10, 2/10, 3/10, 4/10 and 6/10
[Added] Hollow box witt internal fillet
[Added] Round hollow box
[Added] Tetrahedon
[Added] Box with filleted triangle hole
[Added] Seperate catagories for brushed and brushless motors! should make finding things at least a little easier for now
[Added] Seperate catagories for brushed and brushless ESC's
[Buff] Upped Motenergy to 500a Cont, which is more then its irl rating but should hopefully make it last for an entire fight with a solenoid
[Changed] New Manipulation Gizmos in BotLab (What's that? You wanted to be able to see the object you're manipulating?)
[Bugfix] Fixed NPC T64 designed voltage to be 24v
[Bugfix] CoM indicator not indicating CoM
[Bugfix] Fixed camera smoothing not working properly in match
[Bugfix] Fixed camera zoom not working properly when switching cameras in match
[Bugfix] Fixed some issues on small scale PrimalPower outrunner models
[Bugfix] Set PP X240150 Dual to be brushless
[Bugfix] Commented "UnityEditor.Experimental.GraphView" in CameraController to allow compilation to work

Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dh149uxTEBvNL3rN3O00E_M69I6sjVYF/view?usp=sharing

Mac: Suffer

Linux: Suffer
I have several opinions.