Poll

What do you like doing most in RA2/RA3/robot combat games?

Building robots
Local single player battles with manually-controlled robots
Local multiplayer battles  with manually-controlled robots (PvP with controllers or a shared keyboard)
AI-only tournament battles
Other?  Please comment below.

Author Topic: Robot Rumble 2.0 - Robot Combat Simulator - Under Development  (Read 187572 times)

Offline Team Lightning

• Addicted to combat robotics, good at annoying people, and wanting to get to -10000 rep XD.
  • Beetleweight
  • Rep: -4
  • Education is important, robots are importanter.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Robot Rumble 2.0 - Robot Combat Simulator - Under Development
« Reply #1780 on: February 15, 2020, 11:40:17 AM »
One nitpick is that the new motors dont have the proper attachment points. Now all of them are attachable on the axle which is weird by itself, but new modes of the same motors have their axle points on the side. Ill prolly provide a video
I’ve had the same problem. All of my bots are broken. :/
EDIT: I don’t use the octagonal/hexagonal/triangular prisms, so the resizing doesn’t affect me.

Offline CodeSilver23

• RR2 Enthusiast and Design Innovator
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • Stars v Legends founder, Inventor of the Wheel-fix
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: CodeSilverGaming
« Reply #1781 on: February 15, 2020, 11:43:20 AM »
The thing is if you are going to fix it, i do not want to resize stuff then

What sort of things are getting messed up?  Can you see a pattern to it?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. It seems to be the 3 non-hollow components added in the previous update; Hexagon/Triangle/The Other One. They all had bizarre base sizes (around 11.0 X/Y/Z) if these have been reset to the same as the rest (1.0) then that would explain why it’s stretched the components out.
I can confirm that. The scaling for the hex, tri, and Octo cylinders were along the lines of 11.5, 5, 11.5 in the previous build.
Accomplishments:

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 11
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1782 on: February 15, 2020, 11:44:44 AM »
The AmpFlow motors have been facing the wrong way ever since they were first put in the game.  If you check out the photos on AmpFlow’s website you can see what I mean.

In addition they previously could be mounted on either side.  As part of the cleanup process we fixed this so that they can only be mounted where the bolt holes lie.  To be honest, this has been driving me nuts for years and I’m happy to have it fixed.

Mounting should now only occur in one side where the bolt pattern is, and the models are now flipped.

Let me check through the notes on the poorly scaled shapes, but I believe they are the correct size now.

Offline Team Lightning

• Addicted to combat robotics, good at annoying people, and wanting to get to -10000 rep XD.
  • Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1783 on: February 15, 2020, 11:49:58 AM »
Great, I’ve gotta bfe all of my bots. :/ I’ve got over seventy.

Offline min440303

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1784 on: February 15, 2020, 11:57:27 AM »
Will we have smaller size scales (<0.1) for shapes in the future? I was impressed with how those three kinds of cylinders scales and was able to make some tiny components.

Also, many of us are all starving for a tool that can delete the entire component, it's been nightmare when you gonna delete a component within hundreds of colliders.

Edit: Or maybe a way to directly replace the motor that the components attach to
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:22:02 PM by min440303 »
Mad but not mad.

Stuff I kinda done at

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1785 on: February 15, 2020, 11:59:19 AM »
I was working on my old bots to fix the drives. Came across this. It wants to attach on the side. This is on the new Ampflow 40-300.

"Always be yourself, unless you're a loser"

Offline WhamettNuht

• Rep: 12
  • Robot Building Drag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: WhamettNuht #1457
« Reply #1786 on: February 15, 2020, 12:02:24 PM »
Guys - I’m not being funny but please don’t forget this is a work in progress game.

Everything and anything within it is subject to change.

I did mention that the changing of motor directions, ect would most likely cause some frustration among the current community but ultimately it’s something we wanted fixed for all upcoming builds.

At this point the best bit of advise I can give you all is just don’t get too attached to anything in the game as it could all change very easily! But ultimately we hope that such sacrifices will be for the better good in the long run :)
Damn I should probably put something fancy in this bit huh?

Offline Arcane

• The Mildly Pretentious
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1787 on: February 15, 2020, 12:31:41 PM »
Guys - I’m not being funny but please don’t forget this is a work in progress game.

I did mention that the changing of motor directions, ect would most likely cause some frustration among the current community but ultimately it’s something we wanted fixed for all upcoming builds.

At this point the best bit of advise I can give you all is just don’t get too attached to anything in the game as it could all change very easily! But ultimately we hope that such sacrifices will be for the better good in the long run :)

From my perspective, and maybe I’m speaking out of place here, however I was unsure if the changes I’d seen in the update (stretched components) we’re intentional or not. If it’s intentional then I know to adjust my builds accordingly, if it’s not and it’s an error then there’s no point making any changes in case the error gets fixed.

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • Rep: -3
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1788 on: February 15, 2020, 12:36:06 PM »

Wham with all due respect, we are not sh**ting on this game, we are just pointing out what is broken so yall dont miss a thing. Lightning is on his own tho

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1789 on: February 15, 2020, 12:39:07 PM »
I just shared something that I'm fairly certain is a bug. Further, I just go with the changes as they come.
"Always be yourself, unless you're a loser"

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1790 on: February 15, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »

Wham with all due respect, we are not sh**ting on this game, we are just pointing out what is broken so yall dont miss a thing. Lightning is on his own tho
I'm just reflecting on the update. I currently don't have any working bots, so I can't test it. Also, don't call me Lightning, cause there's another guy who's username is Lightning S.
EDIT: The NPC T-64 motors are an awesome addition to the game. I'm currently working on a Last Rites rep, and any other motor wouldn't have worked. Also, why are the ME0708s so heavy now? All my bots that use them are now superheavyweights. Its kinda annoying.

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1791 on: February 15, 2020, 01:22:18 PM »
I just shared something that I'm fairly certain is a bug. Further, I just go with the changes as they come.

Agreed!  There are a lot of motor changes in this build.  We were bound to screw something up.

The motor sitting at a right angle is definitely not right.

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1792 on: February 15, 2020, 01:23:10 PM »

Agreed!  There are a lot of motor changes in this build.  We were buns to screw something up.

The motor sitting at a right angle is definitely not right.
Yeah, but you can do fun stuff with it!

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1793 on: February 15, 2020, 01:32:44 PM »

From my perspective, and maybe I’m speaking out of place here, however I was unsure if the changes I’d seen in the update (stretched components) we’re intentional or not. If it’s intentional then I know to adjust my builds accordingly, if it’s not and it’s an error then there’s no point making any changes in case the error gets fixed.

WhamettNuht, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the scaling errors of the components was a mistake in the last build.  In your commit notes from 9 days ago you had written:

"Updated the Geo Cylinders scaling issues."

Wasn't this a fix put in place in the current build to address the problem that Arcane mentioned about the 05February build?

Arcane said, "Someone correct me if I’m wrong. It seems to be the 3 non-hollow components added in the previous update; Hexagon/Triangle/The Other One. They all had bizarre base sizes (around 11.0 X/Y/Z) if these have been reset to the same as the rest (1.0) then that would explain why it’s stretched the components out."

Its always a little risky to build with brand new components.  They have a higher chance of being tweaked down the line as we find bugs.

Offline CodeSilver23

• RR2 Enthusiast and Design Innovator
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • Stars v Legends founder, Inventor of the Wheel-fix
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Discord: CodeSilverGaming
« Reply #1794 on: February 15, 2020, 01:35:07 PM »
Hopefully all SvL entrants are safe...
Accomplishments:

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1795 on: February 15, 2020, 01:36:46 PM »
FWIW,

Here's an image of an AmpFlow A40-300.  It clearly shows the 4 mounting bolt holes.  It has been mounting on the wrong side of the motor in the game since the beginning.  With WhamettNuht on board to rework all of the models it was time to fix the bug.

Thank you for being patient.  Growing pains!  Game is improving! Yay!

Offline cjbruce

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1796 on: February 15, 2020, 01:37:53 PM »

Oh man!  I'm so sorry! Eep!

:embarr

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1797 on: February 15, 2020, 01:56:46 PM »
FWIW,

Here's an image of an AmpFlow A40-300.  It clearly shows the 4 mounting bolt holes.  It has been mounting on the wrong side of the motor in the game since the beginning.  With WhamettNuht on board to rework all of the models it was time to fix the bug.
Its all gud and all, we will adapt, but the thing is that most of us got used to the old mounting system. Its not only this game only. Ive been playing RA2 for around 5 years, and the way you attach the motors is to attach them directly onto the bottom of the chassis. Thats why i got sourfaced

Offline Team Lightning

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1798 on: February 15, 2020, 02:04:38 PM »

Maybe you could create a build with the bugfixes and everything but with the old meshes

Offline kix

• RR2 dev
  • H
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1799 on: February 15, 2020, 02:06:35 PM »

Maybe you could create a build with the bugfixes and everything but with the old meshes

Im pretty sure that that might be his plan