Robot Rumble 2.0 > Robot Rumble 2.0

Robot Rumble 2.0 AI Thread

<< < (2/5) > >>

cjbruce:
So sorry to be so late to the thread!

Smartzones aren't hooked up yet, so all the AI is good for at the moment is driving toward the nearest enemy.

Once the new damage system is tweaked appropriately, I am planning to refocus my attention on AI.  I figured there wasn't really a point to developing an AI system when we don't yet know what "damage" means.

Also, right now miniscript is generating huge amounts of garbage, and is consuming way more CPU time than it should.  My MacBook Pro drops a lot of frames with 4 AI robots running.  I have been working directly with Joe Strout, the creator of the miniscript language.  It looks like the problems are with the game, and not the language itself, so I'm confident that we can get things running smoothly once we have time to focus on it.

WhamettNuht:

--- Quote from: cjbruce on August 03, 2019, 04:01:44 PM ---So sorry to be so late to the thread!

Smartzones aren't hooked up yet, so all the AI is good for at the moment is driving toward the nearest enemy.

Once the new damage system is tweaked appropriately, I am planning to refocus my attention on AI.  I figured there wasn't really a point to developing an AI system when we don't yet know what "damage" means.

Also, right now miniscript is generating huge amounts of garbage, and is consuming way more CPU time than it should.  My MacBook Pro drops a lot of frames with 4 AI robots running.  I have been working directly with Joe Strout, the creator of the miniscript language.  It looks like the problems are with the game, and not the language itself, so I'm confident that we can get things running smoothly once we have time to focus on it.

--- End quote ---

No problem at all! I can imagine you have plenty to do on the game aswell as in your own life haha!

That's a fair order of work. I'd imagine getting the damage system right will take a hella lot of trial and error.

I must admit I haven't had many problems when it comes to processing CPU, ect, but I am running a (somewhat old) custom gaming laptop aha. It's cool that you're liasing with the guy who wrote the language you're using though! Can't be anything better than working with the source haha!

KupaTec:

Don't let the name fool you, this complete AI for Limited Spin Motor powered weapons is great for Hammers, Flippers, Lifters, and even Overheads with a little extra tuning!

Grab the latest version [HERE] (V1.1)

HAMMER AI V1.0
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR BOT BEFORE EDITING/ADDING AI

If you have any feedback, suggestions, or questions I'm more active on the RA2 Central Discord than I am here (though who isn't at this point) so drop me a message or whatever on there!

WhamettNuht:
Oh my god that looks amazing!! Cannot wait to try it out when I'm back on my laptop! Cheers man!

KupaTec:
Updated HAMMER AI to V1.1, changelog in AI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version