Robot Rumble 2.0 > Robot Rumble 2.0

Robot Rumble 2.0 AI Thread

<< < (4/5) > >>

KupaTec:

--- Quote from: WhamettNuht on December 07, 2019, 04:05:47 AM ---Jesus you two - that is amazing!! Thank you so much!!

Has anyone worked out/remember how to edit the AI string in the .rr2bot file? I have so many AI's to update now but I would prefer to do it via Notepad++ lol.

--- End quote ---
I haven't messed around with the .rr2bot file but you can copy paste from and to the AI window in the Test Lab. That's how made and tweak my AI's at least.

--- Quote from: powerrave on December 07, 2019, 04:59:45 AM ---The moment I pressed the Save AI button, my entire PC crashed. Seriously, this happened. I wish I were joking.

After booting back up and looking in game, the whole bot is now an error and can't be accessed.
--- End quote ---
Holy crap, I am so sorry! I've tested the AI thoroughly (or at least thought I had) and hadn't run into any issues yet so I thought we were all good. This is a terrible development and, again, I am sorry that happened.

powerrave:
Reading back in the AI txt, I believe I had not changed my motor key inputs to what the txt tells to use. While that is an incorrect way to do things, I don't think it should be causing a system crash upon saving AI. Was this tested by you or others? Asking just to make sure. I don't think there was more in play at the time though.

KupaTec:

--- Quote from: powerrave on December 07, 2019, 04:53:36 PM ---Reading back in the AI txt, I believe I had not changed my motor key inputs to what the txt tells to use. While that is an incorrect way to do things, I don't think it should be causing a system crash upon saving AI.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, there shouldn't be a reason as far as I can see for that to cause a failure. In fact while I was testing the new turning/driving logic I didn't have a weapon wired up at all so that shouldn't've been an issue.

--- Quote from: powerrave on December 07, 2019, 04:53:36 PM --- Was this tested by you or others? Asking just to make sure. I don't think there was more in play at the time though.

--- End quote ---
V0.8-1.0 was tested by myself and Robo. V1.1 by myself on two different pcs alongside an irl friend on a third pc. I don't know if anyone has used it in any other builds other than myself and Robo however. Rest assured I'll be trying to get to the bottom of this myself as I would hate to put anyone else through this error.

For now all I can suggest is backing up your bot files before adding/editing AI as the game is in early alpha. I know this comes too late for yourself but should (hopefully) help prevent issues like this in the future.

powerrave:
Just now went to try again either way, despite saying in my own showcase I didn't want to. Seemed to work fine now. May have been a 1 time thing. Still, has to have come from somewhere.

KupaTec:

--- Quote from: powerrave on December 07, 2019, 06:14:56 PM ---Just now went to try again either way, despite saying in my own showcase I didn't want to. Seemed to work fine now. May have been a 1 time thing. Still, has to have come from somewhere.

--- End quote ---

Oh man I'm glad to see you got it working. Hopefully we will see your beaut in SvL? I'll keep seeing if I can replicate it but it's good to know it may have been a one off thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version